Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?
June 09, 2024, 01:32:07 am

Login with username, password and session length

Links

FSA logo

Author Topic: Game could be off Saturday  (Read 11902 times)

IDM

• VSC Member
Re: Game could be off Saturday
« Reply #60 on February 28, 2018, 01:35:53 pm by IDM »
The forecast isn't great, yes it may change before Saturday but let's not get too wound up if the game is off...

(want to hide these ads? Join the VSC today!)

Donnywolf

• VSC Member
« Reply #61 on February 28, 2018, 01:43:08 pm by Donnywolf »
 :that:

... to the 2 Posts above (and probably many more)

drfchound

• Forum Member
« Reply #62 on February 28, 2018, 02:25:19 pm by drfchound »
It's not as straight forward as that, it's nothing to do with being scared as the snow melts it makes it like an ice skating rink, I went out in the car this morning and it was sliding all over if I went more than 20 miles an hour

You don't need to tell me about it, I was working in it last night, done lots of snow driving, lots of people just don't know how to drive in it. Stay off your brakes, get in a higher gear as possible and take corners smoothly, no erratic steering, and guve yourself plenty of room to stop

......and look in your mirror.
If there is no one in front of you on a gritted road, you are doing ten miles an hour and there is an enormous queue behind you then you are going too slow.

RedJ

• Forum Member
« Reply #63 on February 28, 2018, 02:27:22 pm by RedJ »
I think people think owning a German car gives you licence to drive like a Kitson with no consequences.

This German car owner does n't think that

Must be the exception that proves the rule. ;)

Cantley Rover

• Forum Member
« Reply #64 on February 28, 2018, 04:29:47 pm by Cantley Rover »
I think people think owning a German car gives you licence to drive like a Kitson with no consequences.

I think it especially refers to Audi's

Filo

• VSC Member
« Reply #65 on February 28, 2018, 04:35:35 pm by Filo »

Phew, not an Audi owner 😂

roversdude

• VSC Member
« Reply #66 on February 28, 2018, 05:22:01 pm by roversdude »
Or taxis

RedJ

• Forum Member
« Reply #67 on February 28, 2018, 07:41:55 pm by RedJ »

Dunno, BMW seems to have its fair share of bas**rds...

Filo

• VSC Member
« Reply #68 on February 28, 2018, 07:48:11 pm by Filo »

That'll be me then 😀

I find that young girls in Fiat 500's or Mini's think they own the road

drfchound

• Forum Member
« Reply #69 on February 28, 2018, 07:49:41 pm by drfchound »

That'll be me then 😀

When they are looking at it instead of their phones.

Filo

• VSC Member
« Reply #70 on February 28, 2018, 07:55:25 pm by Filo »

That'll be me then 😀

When they are looking at it instead of their phones.

They drive with blinkers on, see nothing peripheral at all

NickDRFC

• Forum Member
« Reply #71 on February 28, 2018, 08:13:21 pm by NickDRFC »
I can’t stand sweeping generalisations.

Every poster on this board makes them.

The Beast

• Forum Member
« Reply #72 on February 28, 2018, 08:15:57 pm by The Beast »
Footie in the good old days , Snow never harmed anyone:

That must be Valley Parade in the late 50s before the Midland Rd stand was closed for years.
It's snowed on and off in Bradford this morning but supposed to get worse later. The roads are ok but council men are gritting the pavements round by us.
That's a right pic! Is that a power station behind the stand ?

Dagenham Rover

• VSC Member
« Reply #73 on February 28, 2018, 08:37:52 pm by Dagenham Rover »

That must be Valley Parade in the late 50s before the Midland Rd stand was closed for years.
It's snowed on and off in Bradford this morning but supposed to get worse later. The roads are ok but council men are gritting the pavements round by us.

Just had a quick google it is Valley Parade Bradford

http://www.dailymail.co.uk/sport/football/article-5047421/A-shot-time-Bradford-s-FA-Cup-replay-v-Brentford.html
« Last Edit: February 28, 2018, 09:00:56 pm by Dagenham Rover »

drfchound

• Forum Member
« Reply #74 on February 28, 2018, 08:41:03 pm by drfchound »

Are you from the East?

idler

• VSC Member
« Reply #75 on February 28, 2018, 08:55:45 pm by idler »
The cooling towers were demolished in the late 70s/early80s. It always seemed funny it being so near to the city centre.

The Beast

• Forum Member
« Reply #76 on February 28, 2018, 09:15:22 pm by The Beast »

Are you from the East?

Haha 👹❄️

No I've just put a lot of weight on my face since I stopped playing.

Muttley

• VSC Member
« Reply #77 on March 01, 2018, 08:54:22 am by Muttley »
The cooling towers were demolished in the late 70s/early80s. It always seemed funny it being so near to the city centre.

Not that long since Doncaster had a power station almost in the town centre - demolished 1986, now occupied by Doncatraz.

Donnywolf

• VSC Member
« Reply #78 on March 01, 2018, 09:04:00 am by Donnywolf »
Which helped turn the River Don "foamy". Here is a view from the Prison towards St Marys Bridge. It was a "dead" River but now (even) I have caught Barbel from that very spot - and it supports Trout and Salmon !

Never thought in my life I would see it so clean

selby

• VSC Member
« Reply #79 on March 01, 2018, 09:52:52 am by selby »
Redj,the driver at the front of a queue is the one who is driving in the worst conditions in snow, I wish I had a quid for every time someone has flashed past in bad weather and immediately  slowed down when in fog or snow.
    Just be happy to get where you are going, if you are late you didn't set off early enough.
  There are 4 generations of drivers who have not had to drive in that bad a winter, have been taught to drive on their brakes when stopping,  and not going through the gears on slippy roads, and keep up with traffic instead of giving space to the motor in front, and they wonder why it is carnage.

selby

• VSC Member
« Reply #80 on March 01, 2018, 10:07:13 am by selby »
  Wolfie, that picture was taken on a good day, I have seen it a lot worse than that mate, and blowing all over the place.
   The Don with the river Rother was once classed as the most polluted in Europe, some accolade eh.
    How it beat the Aire at Castleford was a mystery though, just downstream from the Higgson and Welch chemical works.
    If the foam coming over the bridge near the rugby field landed on your clothes the stain was on them for ever, and the water was a yellow colour and smelled terrible.

Not Now Kato

• VSC Member
« Reply #81 on March 01, 2018, 10:08:35 am by Not Now Kato »
Redj,the driver at the front of a queue is the one who is driving in the worst conditions in snow, I wish I had a quid for every time someone has flashed past in bad weather and immediately  slowed down when in fog or snow.
    Just be happy to get where you are going, if you are late you didn't set off early enough.
  There are 4 generations of drivers who have not had to drive in that bad a winter, have been taught to drive on their brakes when stopping,  and not going through the gears on slippy roads, and keep up with traffic instead of giving space to the motor in front, and they wonder why it is carnage.

Absolutely Selby, the techniques and standards taught today are simply dreadful. To add to your list I'd like to include lane discipline, not just on motorways but dual carriageways like the A638 from Town to Woodlands - the number of drivers who sit in the outside lane all the way from town, (usually at well below the speed limit), because they're turning right at the Highwayman even though the inside lane is empty simply astounds me.

ctay

• Forum Member
« Reply #82 on March 01, 2018, 10:29:28 am by ctay »
I like it when the 4 x 4's get really close behind you! I've got a Mazda6, and the grip is awful in these conditions.

sheffield exile1

• Forum Member
« Reply #83 on March 01, 2018, 10:43:47 am by sheffield exile1 »
  Wolfie, that picture was taken on a good day, I have seen it a lot worse than that mate, and blowing all over the place.
   The Don with the river Rother was once classed as the most polluted in Europe, some accolade eh.
    How it beat the Aire at Castleford was a mystery though, just downstream from the Higgson and Welch chemical works.
    If the foam coming over the bridge near the rugby field landed on your clothes the stain was on them for ever, and the water was a yellow colour and smelled terrible.

Don't forget the Don came through all Sheffield steel workswho were puthering all sorts into it, and Mexborough power station (also demolished for the glimmer housing estate)

the vicar

• Forum Member
« Reply #84 on March 01, 2018, 10:57:36 am by the vicar »
More snow expected over the weekend

wing commander

• Forum Member
« Reply #85 on March 01, 2018, 11:23:06 am by wing commander »
  the temps are not going to get above freezing before Saturday..I've pretty much accepted that it's going to be a day home dodging the jobs list...

RedJ

• Forum Member
« Reply #86 on March 01, 2018, 11:37:19 am by RedJ »

... Not sure why you're naming me, I haven't said anything about driving in the weather. I was commenting on the driving styles you tend to associate with drivers of certain types of car...

RoversAlias

• Forum Member
« Reply #87 on March 01, 2018, 11:39:04 am by RoversAlias »
Everything seems to be getting shut down at the moment - schools, work, centres - I'll be amazed if we're all sat at the football on Saturday.

RedJ

• Forum Member
« Reply #88 on March 01, 2018, 11:54:45 am by RedJ »
Wish my work was getting shut down...

foxbat

• VSC Member
« Reply #89 on March 01, 2018, 11:59:11 am by foxbat »
Great picture of Donny Power Station though.
we were taken for a tour round by Danum Grammar in 1969 ,
part of Engineering Science course. Can still remember the Control Room
as being pretty impressive.

TinyPortal © 2005-2012