Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?
May 28, 2024, 09:02:47 pm

Login with username, password and session length

Links

FSA logo

Author Topic: Postponement?  (Read 4479 times)

scawsby steve

• Forum Member
Postponement?
« on February 28, 2018, 07:57:47 pm by scawsby steve »
Bury are, at the moment, in very good form. Andy Butler isn't ready yet, and Tom Anderson is out. On top of that, I'm sure Fergie said the other day that Andy Boyle is doubtful for this week. That would leave us with just 2 centre backs, Baudry and Wright, and whilst I need my Saturday football fix as much as anyone, would a postponement, under these circumstances, be for the best? Thoughts anyone?

(want to hide these ads? Join the VSC today!)

RedJ

• Forum Member
Re: Postponement?
« Reply #1 on February 28, 2018, 08:42:18 pm by RedJ »
Hadn't thought about it like that... wouldn't be such a bad thing after all.

rich1471

• Forum Member
« Reply #2 on February 28, 2018, 08:44:53 pm by rich1471 »
get the sprinkles on and freeze the pitch cannot be that hard 

Filo

• VSC Member
« Reply #3 on February 28, 2018, 08:47:47 pm by Filo »
get the sprinkles on and freeze the pitch cannot be that hard 

Or put the sprinklers on and create more holes in the pitch

selby

• VSC Member
« Reply #4 on February 28, 2018, 08:48:15 pm by selby »
  I think there is a time limit before which a game cannot be postponed.

since-1969

• VSC Member
« Reply #5 on February 28, 2018, 09:58:34 pm by since-1969 »
Yes about 80mins into the game

Pancho Regan

• VSC Member
« Reply #6 on February 28, 2018, 10:14:15 pm by Pancho Regan »
Call it off now.
I can’t make it due to parental responsibilities.... my daughter’s 12 birthday....

tonybuk86

• Forum Member
« Reply #7 on March 01, 2018, 02:31:03 am by tonybuk86 »
They will end up doing it anyway, due to the bad snow coming our way on friday.

Muttley

• VSC Member
« Reply #8 on March 01, 2018, 06:53:00 am by Muttley »
I can't see DRFC busting a gut to get it on with the injury list we've got, plus the fit players won't have had chance to do any meaningful training this week either.

Donnywolf

• VSC Member
« Reply #9 on March 01, 2018, 09:13:58 am by Donnywolf »
Anyone know how the Postponement "thing" actually works ?

Do Rovers contact Bury and discuss their travel prognosis. Or do they contact the Ref or both for guidance ?

Would the EFL or some other "body" have the power or indeed inclination to call off the whole programme unilaterally (unless Clubs can convince them that they can stage their particular game)

I was fairly convinced that our Game would go ahead but given the road conditions and the advice not to travel even Bury FC Players and certainly Fans face a grim trip. Looking further down the fixture lists there are some epic trips required this Saturday Exeter host Chesterfield for example so quick decisions need to be made

Who would be a Stadium Caterer this weekend ? Guess if Game is on / Guess the Gate / guess the away Fans / and finally guess how many of each will need your facilities ! That is one example of course but there are others if you think for a while

So how does the mechanism work ?

The Red Baron

• VSC Member
« Reply #10 on March 01, 2018, 09:17:56 am by The Red Baron »
I dare say any decisions will be made tomorrow. In the circumstances I think the Leagues will be sympathetic to any club requesting a postponement. There may be a stipulation that a referee who lives locally visits the club to satisfy themselves that there is no chance.

The Red Baron

• VSC Member
« Reply #11 on March 01, 2018, 09:39:55 am by The Red Baron »
Friday's racing at Donny off. Inspection noon today regarding Saturday.

The Red Baron

• VSC Member
« Reply #12 on March 01, 2018, 10:15:13 am by The Red Baron »
From Andy Giddings. Rovers press conference is going ahead today but all the other local clubs have put theirs back to Friday. All games in doubt.

The Red Baron

• VSC Member
« Reply #13 on March 01, 2018, 12:24:43 pm by The Red Baron »
Gillingham v Rotherham off.

chrisd_123

• Forum Member
« Reply #14 on March 01, 2018, 12:50:26 pm by chrisd_123 »
The location comes into it too when deciding on when a postponement is made.

If we were away at Plymouth or vice versa, the game would be called off today no doubt. I.E Rotherham at Gillingham.

Seeing as Bury are relatively local, they'll give it until tomorrow evening at least.

I'm guessing most away fans won't be setting off to Donny until about 11am on Saturday morning so an early morning inspection on Saturday will probably be what will happen.

dknward2

• VSC Member
« Reply #15 on March 01, 2018, 01:10:59 pm by dknward2 »
Drfc have said they are doing everything possible to get it on. Not sure if that's good or bad.
If it goes ahead and we lose people will say it should have never gone ahead but If we win it will put pressure on those behind to then get a result in the rearranged game

sheffield exile1

• Forum Member
« Reply #16 on March 01, 2018, 01:16:06 pm by sheffield exile1 »
I also would like to know what criteria is used regarding H&S with regard to access to the stadium ie paths and roads? I believe that could be a consideration...

chrisd_123

• Forum Member
« Reply #17 on March 01, 2018, 01:21:54 pm by chrisd_123 »
Drfc have said they are doing everything possible to get it on. Not sure if that's good or bad.
If it goes ahead and we lose people will say it should have never gone ahead but If we win it will put pressure on those behind to then get a result in the rearranged game

I don't quite think it will be that bad. If it's playable, it's playable. No excuses there if we get beat.

chrisd_123

• Forum Member
« Reply #18 on March 01, 2018, 01:24:41 pm by chrisd_123 »
I also would like to know what criteria is used regarding H&S with regard to access to the stadium ie paths and roads? I believe that could be a consideration...

I may be wrong but I believe it's anywhere within the stadium grounds so that'll be how safe the car parks, stands and the entrances to the ground.

Not sure if the main road will count towards that too as I guess the club can only control what they can control.

DMnumber4

• Forum Member
« Reply #19 on March 01, 2018, 01:28:07 pm by DMnumber4 »
My understanding is the Stadium Safety Officer must determine whether the "surrounding areas" have clear access to and from the stadium for supporters and, in particular, emergency services. Given that it's Bury on Saturday and their supporters won't need to depart Lancashire until 11am, it gives these areas greater chance of being gritted etc.

If she gives it the green light then it's up to the referee. Saturday's referee is Carl Boyeson (from E. Yorkshire) who won't be travelling to the ground until the day of the game. Once he is there, he will assess the pitch and liaise with the ground staff about the current and future conditions.

Then a decision will be made and announced collaboratively. Free Tuesdays though at a premium due to Bradford game being switched and Easter. Realistically it can only be 13 March or 17 April one would assume.

The Red Baron

• VSC Member
« Reply #20 on March 01, 2018, 01:35:20 pm by The Red Baron »
13th March is a non-starter because Bury have a rearranged game. 10th April should be ok.

Guernsey Exile

• Forum Member
« Reply #21 on March 01, 2018, 01:36:19 pm by Guernsey Exile »
GAME OFF ACCORDING TO FREE PRESS

mattco

• Forum Member
« Reply #22 on March 01, 2018, 01:42:23 pm by mattco »
Free Press only saying that club shop and ticket office are closed today. No decision yet on game.

RedJ

• Forum Member
« Reply #23 on March 01, 2018, 01:46:32 pm by RedJ »
That's all the club have said too. Not sure how you can take directly from that that the game is off.

Guernsey Exile

• Forum Member
« Reply #24 on March 01, 2018, 01:48:23 pm by Guernsey Exile »
Doncaster Free Press
1 hr ·
Doncaster Racecourse and Doncaster Rovers have fallen victim to the weather.

I think looking at that headline it would be a fare assumption to make. 

drfchound

• Forum Member
« Reply #25 on March 01, 2018, 02:06:36 pm by drfchound »
My understanding is the Stadium Safety Officer must determine whether the "surrounding areas" have clear access to and from the stadium for supporters and, in particular, emergency services. Given that it's Bury on Saturday and their supporters won't need to depart Lancashire until 11am, it gives these areas greater chance of being gritted etc.

If she gives it the green light then it's up to the referee. Saturday's referee is Carl Boyeson (from E. Yorkshire) who won't be travelling to the ground until the day of the game. Once he is there, he will assess the pitch and liaise with the ground staff about the current and future conditions.

Then a decision will be made and announced collaboratively. Free Tuesdays though at a premium due to Bradford game being switched and Easter. Realistically it can only be 13 March or 17 April one would assume.

Not all the Bury fans will be coming from Bury though will they.
Like us, fans come from all over the place.

RoversAlias

• Forum Member
« Reply #26 on March 01, 2018, 02:15:53 pm by RoversAlias »
Doncaster Free Press
1 hr ·
Doncaster Racecourse and Doncaster Rovers have fallen victim to the weather.

I think looking at that headline it would be a fare assumption to make. 

It takes one click to read the article that clearly states the way Rovers have been affected - by the closing today of the shop and ticket office.

If the game is off the club itself will announce it before anyone else.

The Red Baron

• VSC Member
« Reply #27 on March 01, 2018, 02:17:06 pm by The Red Baron »
Paul Goodwin has just tweeted that there is likely to be a pitch inspection tomorrow. The players have been in the gym today but some didn't make it in.

The Red Baron

• VSC Member
« Reply #28 on March 01, 2018, 02:48:20 pm by The Red Baron »

Not all the Bury fans will be coming from Bury though will they.
Like us, fans come from all over the place.

As I have a 100 mile drive to the Keepmoat I hope they make an early decision.

Although looking at the local forecast round here I may be snowed in anyway.

Bezza

• Forum Member
« Reply #29 on March 01, 2018, 03:06:59 pm by Bezza »
Lets play the game its football not cricket, too many namby pambys about.

TinyPortal © 2005-2012