Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?
June 09, 2024, 10:31:32 am

Login with username, password and session length

Links

FSA logo

Author Topic: Half time draw  (Read 2328 times)

turnbull for england

• Forum Member
Half time draw
« on March 19, 2018, 11:06:33 pm by turnbull for england »
Was having my prawn sarnie, so missed the draw. Anyone know the numbers please

(want to hide these ads? Join the VSC today!)

roversdude

• VSC Member
Re: Half time draw
« Reply #1 on March 20, 2018, 05:54:58 am by roversdude »
Never heard anything yesterday was it announced?

Donnywolf

• VSC Member
« Reply #2 on March 20, 2018, 07:50:26 am by Donnywolf »
Was having my prawn sarnie, so missed the draw. Anyone know the numbers please

I was having a Prawn Sarnie too in Legends Lounge and they gave out the Results in there by Leaflet before Second Half started

I was late out (Coffee was free) so did not see if they were displayed just into the Second Half

I am heartened to see we get a Thread like this very rarely now but would still like to see the Results come up during a suitable break in Play in second half

Filo

• VSC Member
« Reply #3 on March 20, 2018, 08:05:04 am by Filo »
They were on the big screen during HT

weststander

• VSC Member
« Reply #4 on March 21, 2018, 01:22:08 pm by weststander »
They were on the big screen during HT
But not for very long. I went to the loo and returned just as they disappeared from the screen. Also checked DROS and the last record I found was for the Charlton game in February.
I did see the report on the Bradford game posted. Perhaps the club could post the draw numbers as a footnote on match reports?

roversdude

• VSC Member
« Reply #5 on March 21, 2018, 02:21:59 pm by roversdude »
Likewise Weststander can usually hear them get read out never heard anything on Monday

Donnywolf

• VSC Member
« Reply #6 on March 22, 2018, 09:30:07 am by Donnywolf »
Disappointing to see this "fall between the cracks" again

I made a few suggestions and was delighted to see them implemented - not only to have them on the Big Screen at Half Time but not many weeks after my suggestion to show them again a few minutes into the Second Half seemed to kill this "niggle" stone dead

Perhaps this was a one off and hopefully the issue will go away again. My last "suggestion" not yet taken up is to put the Numbers up at a convenient time in the Second Half - a stoppage - and play a "ding dong" sound to alert people the Numbers are there

knockers

• Forum Member
« Reply #7 on March 22, 2018, 09:40:10 am by knockers »
They were on the screen and they were read out. Just because you didn’t hear or see it doesn’t mean that it didn’t happen.
How’s about you all stop picking fault with something that’s been the same all season!

roversdude

• VSC Member
« Reply #8 on March 22, 2018, 10:19:04 am by roversdude »
1st red 32746
2nd white 12461
3rd red 32088
4th red 34644
5th red 32528

RoversAlias

• Forum Member
« Reply #9 on March 22, 2018, 11:32:16 am by RoversAlias »
Disappointing to see this "fall between the cracks" again

I made a few suggestions and was delighted to see them implemented - not only to have them on the Big Screen at Half Time but not many weeks after my suggestion to show them again a few minutes into the Second Half seemed to kill this "niggle" stone dead

Perhaps this was a one off and hopefully the issue will go away again. My last "suggestion" not yet taken up is to put the Numbers up at a convenient time in the Second Half - a stoppage - and play a "ding dong" sound to alert people the Numbers are there

Generally such tones are only used for safety announcements are they not? So I don't think they should do that as it's only the HT draw.
« Last Edit: March 22, 2018, 12:29:54 pm by RoversAlias »

Donnywolf

• VSC Member
« Reply #10 on March 22, 2018, 11:51:11 am by Donnywolf »
Not sure of the etiquette involved (re the ding dong) but there dont seem to have been any problems with Half Time Results themselves appearing like the Pukka Pie Draw in the first half

I hear tones being played but mainly in Italy / Spain where they alert the crowd to goals in other significant games but as I said earlier (and echoed by Knockers) lets hope it is not broken - could have just been a blip

For me just leave them on for first 5 mins of Second Half and that would do it surely. We dont need to know the score at that point - and if we did its there on the opposite small Scoreboard. Over ride it if there are Subs made or action to replay ! Simples
« Last Edit: March 22, 2018, 11:54:24 am by Donnywolf »

turnbull for england

• Forum Member
« Reply #11 on March 22, 2018, 12:20:39 pm by turnbull for england »
1st red 32746
2nd white 12461
3rd red 32088
4th red 34644
5th red 32528

thanks   anyone want to buy 2 bits of red and white paper one careful owner  :)

LincolnDonny

• Forum Member
« Reply #12 on March 22, 2018, 02:21:23 pm by LincolnDonny »
My wife is wheel-chair disabled
and at halftime we HAVE to go to the toilets for her
with all the noise of people near the television/getting drinks food/chatting about the the game etc etc
and if we dont get in 1st then we are late out and miss the results on the big screen and the announcements

so yes if people dont know there is a problem of us and others knowing the results of the halftime draw, , and we have paid for the silver + to get 1 free ticket , and then buy another ticket to have a red and white
just because some people dont get affected and take the "high road" and have no care for others problems
it doesn't mean we should not get the results through no fault of our own

if others thought more of helping than hindering ..........in many ways life could be easier....and a selfish  attitude from others could be left in the dark ages or dustbins where it belongs

Donnywolf

• VSC Member
« Reply #13 on March 22, 2018, 03:18:07 pm by Donnywolf »
Perfect point LincolnDonny .... so you and your Wife would benefit from seeing the Results at a suitable break in Play in the Second Half

To me its a no brainer and would put this issue to bed once and for all - because after all you HAVE paid in good faith - and should be entitled to the Results

LincolnDonny

• Forum Member
« Reply #14 on March 22, 2018, 05:27:07 pm by LincolnDonny »
yes i totally agree

its so simple to put this matter behind us with a simple solution that wont affect anyone but for the betterment of some.

simple solutions that dont cost anything.are always the way to go.

Donnywolf

• VSC Member
« Reply #15 on March 22, 2018, 06:10:45 pm by Donnywolf »
 :that: :thumbsup: :scarf:

TinyPortal © 2005-2012