Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?
June 01, 2024, 07:07:50 pm

Login with username, password and session length

Links

FSA logo

Author Topic: Academy sponsorship  (Read 3024 times)

silent majority

• VSC Member
Academy sponsorship
« on March 23, 2018, 12:08:37 pm by silent majority »
We, the VSC, in partnership with the Supporters Club have dipped into our funds to sponsor all the academy teams that are currently playing under the DRFC banner. The kits have been done and handed out for what we feel is a worthwhile cause. In keeping with our community aims and ambitions we felt it was something we had to do. Here's an example of what the kits look like;

(want to hide these ads? Join the VSC today!)

Pancho Regan

• VSC Member
Re: Academy sponsorship
« Reply #1 on March 23, 2018, 12:38:13 pm by Pancho Regan »
Great idea, well done!

deebee

• Forum Member
« Reply #2 on March 23, 2018, 01:16:20 pm by deebee »
Great use of members money, keep it up. well done

Superspy

• VSC Member
« Reply #3 on March 23, 2018, 01:26:56 pm by Superspy »
Great stuff! They look really good. Also nice to see some VSC DRSC collaboration.

silent majority

• VSC Member
« Reply #4 on March 23, 2018, 02:12:22 pm by silent majority »
Great stuff! They look really good. Also nice to see some VSC DRSC collaboration.

To be fair we do collaborate on a lot of issues, and of course we're all good friends, but this is the biggest financial collaboration we've done so far. The Coppinger flag in the SW corner of the Keepmoat was one that we did recently.

foxbat

• VSC Member
« Reply #5 on March 23, 2018, 03:14:00 pm by foxbat »
Very Good this  :scarf:

Superspy

• VSC Member
« Reply #6 on March 23, 2018, 04:19:27 pm by Superspy »

To be fair we do collaborate on a lot of issues, and of course we're all good friends, but this is the biggest financial collaboration we've done so far. The Coppinger flag in the SW corner of the Keepmoat was one that we did recently.

Fair enough SM. Personally I wasn't aware of the collaboration but apologies if my point came across suggesting there wasn't. Either way, it's good to see! :)

ravenrover

• VSC Member
« Reply #7 on March 23, 2018, 05:35:59 pm by ravenrover »
excellent initiative

silent majority

• VSC Member
« Reply #8 on March 23, 2018, 07:25:04 pm by silent majority »

Fair enough SM. Personally I wasn't aware of the collaboration but apologies if my point came across suggesting there wasn't. Either way, it's good to see! :)

Don't worry Superspy, it wasn't meant to be anything other than an expansion on your point, I'm sure most people don't realise the collaboration. Of course apart from money we've been collaborating on the Supporters Board for quite some time, and the fans forum before that. We're all in this together!

Pancho Regan

• VSC Member
« Reply #9 on March 23, 2018, 08:50:52 pm by Pancho Regan »
This also makes me feel very guilty because after years of continuous VSC membership I realise I haven’t renewed for ages.

That is partly my preoccupation with other stuff and partly because I always used to get reminders and haven’t received them recently?

So being a lazy sod, how do I renew my membership?

Lincoln Rover

• VSC Member
« Reply #10 on March 24, 2018, 01:07:09 pm by Lincoln Rover »
Excellent use of the VSC finances. 👌👌👌

silent majority

• VSC Member
« Reply #11 on March 24, 2018, 04:32:21 pm by silent majority »
We have sponsored various Academy teams in the past, but it can be a very expensive and when our finances were depleted recently we had to opt out.

bobjimwilly

• VSC Member
« Reply #12 on March 26, 2018, 09:27:14 am by bobjimwilly »

PayPal is easiest way Pancho https://www.drfc-vsc.co.uk/index.php?page=5 :aok:

hoolahoop

• VSC Member
« Reply #13 on March 26, 2018, 09:33:03 am by hoolahoop »
This also makes me feel very guilty because after years of continuous VSC membership I realise I haven’t renewed for ages.

That is partly my preoccupation with other stuff and partly because I always used to get reminders and haven’t received them recently?

Excellent and I'm not sure whether or not I'm on board  atm ?

hoolahoop

• VSC Member
« Reply #14 on March 26, 2018, 09:35:22 am by hoolahoop »
Please please become members of the Alliance this is a permanent way to sponsor our youngsters as well as have some perks for £10 per month.

roversdude

• VSC Member
« Reply #15 on March 26, 2018, 09:35:51 am by roversdude »
Ooops guilty too

roversdude

• VSC Member
« Reply #16 on March 26, 2018, 09:42:35 am by roversdude »
Renewed sorry SM
To back up Hoolas comment the alliance membership is a brilliant way of supporting the club .....and always a chance of winning each month/Christmas

hoolahoop

• VSC Member
« Reply #17 on March 26, 2018, 09:59:20 am by hoolahoop »
Renewed sorry SM
To back up Hoolas comment the alliance membership is a brilliant way of supporting the club .....and always a chance of winning each month/Christmas

Especially if you can't get to enough games to merit buying a Season Ticket - you know that money is still going into the club and of course there are mutual benefits . I know I've won the £500  once as well restaurant meals out (3) and of course match complimentary match tickets from time to time

idler

• VSC Member
« Reply #18 on March 26, 2018, 12:08:33 pm by idler »
I must be very unlucky, I joined soon after it started and have never won a thing. The reason I joined wasn't to win a prize though so I can be patient.

Pancho Regan

• VSC Member
« Reply #19 on March 26, 2018, 01:01:14 pm by Pancho Regan »
I've renewed my VSC membership.

And I'll have a serious look at the Alliance next Hoola!

roversdude

• VSC Member
« Reply #20 on March 26, 2018, 05:24:29 pm by roversdude »
Idler just chuckling- I won a meal voucher for Blacksmiths at Everton, turned up and it looks as though it’s closed
Every cloud the pub over the road (Sun) was amazing after its refit last year

Donnywolf

• VSC Member
« Reply #21 on March 26, 2018, 07:57:23 pm by Donnywolf »
I've renewed my VSC membership.

And I'll have a serious look at the Alliance next Hoola!

Seriously do have a look at the Alliance as it is a great way to support the youngsters and hopefully produce a few Pros in the long term - for £29 a Quarter

Thats the reason I joined - but then there are huge benefits to be had as well.

5% ofF a Season Ticket (got me a reduction on my Senior Ticket of £14). Then the Season Ticket gets you further discounts of course via the DNA Card

2 Pairs of Tickets (on average) a Season for Home Games. Being a STH I have to give these away to friends and relatives

Money cant buy benefits such as Meet the Players etc - visit Cantley Park etc

Entry into Rovers Lottery where there are a range of prizes from Meal Vouchers to Cash prizes each week (check them out on Rovers Official Site)

.... and errr I am sure there is something else ! Oh yes once a year in November 10 people get on the Pitch in the Alliance Jackpot Draw. If you are a jammy so and so you walk off with £10,000 !

If you are not that lucky you can win a consolation prize and this year I won 2 Tickets for the Legends Lounge with Meal Posh Seats Progs and Team Sheets

Have I missed anything fellow Members ?

silent majority

• VSC Member
« Reply #22 on March 30, 2018, 05:20:25 pm by silent majority »
A big thumbs up to all people getting in touch about their membership of the VSC. We have been without a membership secretary for quite a while so unfortunately we're not following up as quick as we would like.

Many thanks!

Lesonthewest

• VSC Member
« Reply #23 on March 30, 2018, 07:36:33 pm by Lesonthewest »
I don't know if mine renews each year or not, think it may have lapsed. How do I get to know as if not I will just subscribe again.

Pancho Regan

• VSC Member
« Reply #24 on March 30, 2018, 09:09:30 pm by Pancho Regan »
A big thumbs up to all people getting in touch about their membership of the VSC. We have been without a membership secretary for quite a while so unfortunately we're not following up as quick as we would like.

Many thanks!

No problem SM, I’m glad this thread reminded me to renew my membership and hopefully it’s done the same for others.

Come on guys and gals, get signed up!

roversdude

• VSC Member
« Reply #25 on March 30, 2018, 11:10:11 pm by roversdude »
Likewise Pancho put mine on automatic renewal now

TinyPortal © 2005-2012