Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?
June 14, 2024, 05:46:03 am

Login with username, password and session length

Links

FSA logo

Author Topic: Marquis and Marosi  (Read 6356 times)

Copps is Magic

• Forum Member
Marquis and Marosi
« on April 14, 2018, 05:40:11 pm by Copps is Magic »
We won that game because of that pairing. Thought Coppinger and Mason had de cent games and Beestin made a difference when he initially came on. Otherwise we made hard work of it, mainly because MK Dons were poor. Fans were singing we are staying up but wierdly looking at the table we aren't quite there yet.

(want to hide these ads? Join the VSC today!)

nice one rovers

• Forum Member
Re: Maruus and Marosi
« Reply #1 on April 14, 2018, 05:41:49 pm by nice one rovers »
We can also make play offs I think.

RobTheRover

• VSC Member
Re: Maruus and Marosi
« Reply #2 on April 14, 2018, 05:43:18 pm by RobTheRover »
I'm looking at the playoffs.

5 home games out of the 6 remaining, and the away game is Oldham who are poor. Every year someone in the playoffs has a wobble. Stranger things have happened.

;)

dickos1

• VSC Member
Re: Marquis and Marosi
« Reply #3 on April 14, 2018, 05:45:22 pm by dickos1 »
Definitely safe now

colincramb

• Forum Member
« Reply #4 on April 14, 2018, 05:46:19 pm by colincramb »

5 home games out of the 6 remaining, and the away game is Oldham who are poor. Every year someone in the playoffs has a wobble. Stranger things have happened.

;)

Come on lads, it’s 11 points with a game in hand. At best that’s 8 points. Far too much to do with the amount of games we have left

POD

• Forum Member
« Reply #5 on April 14, 2018, 05:46:53 pm by POD »
We can also make play offs I think.
Let's have a look where we are this time next week.
Home games against Bury and Oxford are very much winnable - after that it's harder to call, but with only four games to go after those two and with some momentum, anything could be possible!!

steve@dcfd

• Forum Member
« Reply #6 on April 14, 2018, 05:54:50 pm by steve@dcfd »
Win on Tuesday night and we will be in 10th or 11th dependent on Bradford result. Looks we might be without Joe Wright, Matty Blair and I’d leave Luke on the bench. Time for others to come in ?

BillyStubbsTears

• VSC Member
« Reply #7 on April 14, 2018, 05:57:56 pm by BillyStubbsTears »

;)

Come on lads, it’s 11 points with a game in hand. At best that’s 8 points. Far too much to do with the amount of games we have left

No. It’s 11 points with TWO games in hand.

RoversAlias

• Forum Member
« Reply #8 on April 14, 2018, 06:26:30 pm by RoversAlias »
I think the play offs are beyond us even if we win every game, just, but we are surely safe now.

Bury are down. Northampton cannot catch us. MK Dons need to win every game and we need to lose them all. To even match our current total (meaning we'd need to lose all 6 games), Rochdale need 8 points from a possible 15, Oldham need 7 and the 5 other teams behind us have all played two games more. I think come the end of the season our current total will be enough, and I certainly think we'll have picked up some more points by then anyway.

steve@dcfd

• Forum Member
« Reply #9 on April 14, 2018, 06:54:53 pm by steve@dcfd »
I believe we should get at least another 14 pts dependent on goals for.

DonnyBazR0ver

• VSC Member
« Reply #10 on April 14, 2018, 06:58:25 pm by DonnyBazR0ver »
I don't think there will be many tears shed should MK go down, especially if Wimbledon stay up.

We still need to push on, and if we can say at the end of it 'if only' then it's been a season where we have made progress. Hindsight is all well and good but you wonder whether if Marosi have been given a chance earlier, would we have been less panicky at the back.

DF has already hinted he knows where to strengthen and if he gets what he wants, next season could be one to get your money on early.

Alickismyhero

• VSC Member
« Reply #11 on April 14, 2018, 07:27:43 pm by Alickismyhero »
"I was there"

Marosi won us that game I counted 5 first class saves today. I thought he looked 6" taller with his orange kit on today. I have a feeling Blair was affected by a head injury early on and quite rightly was subbed. Blair is not a right back and when Blair was taken off Mason moved over to his best position of right back. I thought McCullough had a very good game and was surprised that he never came out in the 2nd half, was he injured or was it tactical I don't know but the change made for a better 2nd half. It was a good day out, a satisfactory result with Fergy giving the travelling fans a double fist salute at the end.

philsky

• Forum Member
« Reply #12 on April 14, 2018, 07:35:11 pm by philsky »
I also made the trip.

We were all at sea early doors and 0-1 at half time was a bit flattering. Having said that, with the change following Blair's departure, the team looked way more balance and we did finish the first half pretty well.

We were a different team in the second half and the scoreline didn't flatter at all.

For some reason we decided to drop deep with 15 to go and the full time whistle was very useful !

Marquis and Marosi were top class and the run / walk from Copps that led to the second goal was bloody amazing.

Donnywolf

• VSC Member
« Reply #13 on April 14, 2018, 07:40:59 pm by Donnywolf »
Totally safe - if we go down I will donate £50 to Tia Greyhound Rescue.

I would have said I will eat some "dogs b******s" but I remember Rigo has the copyright on that - so I will go financial instead

Not a hope in hell we will go down - and I hope people will stop long before we get to the last game.

Sure we CAN but we WONT  :boxing: :scarf:

The Red Baron

• VSC Member
« Reply #14 on April 14, 2018, 08:01:01 pm by The Red Baron »
"I was there"

Marosi won us that game I counted 5 first class saves today. I thought he looked 6" taller with his orange kit on today. I have a feeling Blair was affected by a head injury early on and quite rightly was subbed. Blair is not a right back and when Blair was taken off Mason moved over to his best position of right back. I thought McCullough had a very good game and was surprised that he never came out in the 2nd half, was he injured or was it tactical I don't know but the change made for a better 2nd half. It was a good day out, a satisfactory result with Fergy giving the travelling fans a double fist salute at the end.

Me too! First away win for me at the sixth time of asking.

I'm not sure if MK surprised us with the way they set up (3-5-2) or we hadn't done our homework. Their right wing back was given acres of space and that led to the first goal. Joe Wright let his man run off him for that but then redeemed himself with a great header off the line. That and some great saves by Marko kept us in the game.

I think Matty Blair was injured, but the change allowed us to go to a fluid 4-5-1 (the diamond really wasn't working). Luke was sacrificed at half time to get a bit more creativity in centre midfield and it worked. We were much better, Marquis took his two goals well and we really should have put the game to bed then. But we sat back in the final 15 and invited too much pressure. Thankfully we held out.

Marosi and Marquis were outstanding, Mason, Copps and Rowe all had solid games. It wasn't a great performance, but it was enough to win the game.

And then Tiger Roll won a few bob for me in the National!

bobjimwilly

• VSC Member
« Reply #15 on April 14, 2018, 08:09:45 pm by bobjimwilly »
Sky sports reckon we're already safe

drfchound

• Forum Member
« Reply #16 on April 14, 2018, 08:10:59 pm by drfchound »
All too often the team seems to be set up at the start of a game in a way that isn’t right, either for the opposition or our personnel on the pitch.
More often than not it has to have a reshuffle at half time and we play better after the break.
It seems as though we often waste forty five minutes.

Alickismyhero

• VSC Member
« Reply #17 on April 14, 2018, 08:56:32 pm by Alickismyhero »
Hound you make a good point eg

The way I see it:

Blair is an attacking player not a right back,

we can only play 3 at the back with the right players on the pitch and that must include Butler.

Mason should play at right back and not left.

Fergy seems to always set the the team up with 3 at the back and later changes to a flat back four.

I must admit, I can only attend a few games per season so my opinion is limited and based on only a few live games and Rovers player.

So what do the regulars feel?

sedwardsdrfc

• Forum Member
« Reply #18 on April 14, 2018, 09:14:24 pm by sedwardsdrfc »
Say it all the time we should play 433 or 4231 i know formations aren't the be all and end all but its telling we always play better once the system we start with is changed!

Don't think we can make playoffs but important to keep winning plenty before the end of season so we're going into the summer with positive feeling which i think counts for a lot when starting next season

Copps is Magic

• Forum Member
« Reply #19 on April 14, 2018, 09:21:25 pm by Copps is Magic »
Definitely safe now

Fergie certainly thinks so given the way he was celebrating after the match.

dickos1

• VSC Member
« Reply #20 on April 14, 2018, 09:24:28 pm by dickos1 »
The form we’ve shown since xmas has been very good, we’ve got to be looking to push on for a top 10 finish now

steve@dcfd

• Forum Member
« Reply #21 on April 14, 2018, 10:01:00 pm by steve@dcfd »
Hound you make a good point eg

The way I see it:

Blair is an attacking player not a right back,

we can only play 3 at the back with the right players on the pitch and that must include Butler.

Mason should play at right back and not left.

Fergy seems to always set the the team up with 3 at the back and later changes to a flat back four.

I must admit, I can only attend a few games per season so my opinion is limited and based on only a few live games and Rovers player.

So what do the regulars feel?

We need another left sided player who is naturally  left footed. We have missed that this season.

BillyStubbsTears

• VSC Member
« Reply #22 on April 14, 2018, 10:27:17 pm by BillyStubbsTears »
It has indeed been good form since around Xmas.

Since we drew at home to Oldham in Dec, we’ve picked up 29 points from 18 games. That’s solid, comfortable play off form. And in that spell, we’ve lost 5 centre backs to injury. And 11 of those 18 games have been away, including at 5 of the current top 10.

This looks very, very good for next year, if we can run this form into August.

Colemans Left Hook

• Forum Member
« Reply #23 on April 15, 2018, 12:37:03 am by Colemans Left Hook »
Totally safe - if we go down I will donate £50 to Tia Greyhound Rescue.

I would have said I will eat some "dogs b******s" but I remember Rigo has the copyright on that - so I will go financial instead

Not a hope in hell we will go down - and I hope people will stop long before we get to the last game.

Sure we CAN but we WONT  :boxing: :scarf:

out of interest just checked the relegation odds a mere 150/1 or even better for rovers so if you get cold feet 33 pence bet will cover the risk

https://www.oddschecker.com/football/english/league-1/relegation

Donnywolf

• VSC Member
« Reply #24 on April 15, 2018, 06:48:28 am by Donnywolf »
Thanks for that but I will not waste the 33p - its a bad deal for Grethound Charity but will give it to them !

1879Rovers

• Forum Member
« Reply #25 on April 15, 2018, 07:23:32 am by 1879Rovers »
11 points from a possible 15 and we are still only 8 points above the relegation places. Thank god we have had this good run.

Fair play to Ferguson and the squad.

DonnyOsmond

• Forum Member
« Reply #26 on April 15, 2018, 11:37:23 am by DonnyOsmond »
Say it all the time we should play 433 or 4231 i know formations aren't the be all and end all but its telling we always play better once the system we start with is changed!

Because the other team doesn't adapt to our change. Having a plan B is what puts Fergie ahead of our previous managers in some respects.

colincramb

• Forum Member
« Reply #27 on April 15, 2018, 01:01:12 pm by colincramb »
It’s a shame we’ve had those late draws from winning positions as we could have been right up there. As long as we learn to close out games and add a few I think we could have a very good season next year

PDX_Rover

• VSC Member
« Reply #28 on April 15, 2018, 04:13:09 pm by PDX_Rover »
It was a good game to watch. Franchise were unlucky not to be three up at half time. But that’s why we have keepers and Marosi earned his stripes yesterday.

The MK Dons number 11 (Paulet?) looked a good player. Inventive and a wicked shot. They’d obviously figured they’d have most joy going at Blair as most thing came down that channel. Blair was fouled in the build up to their goal. Ref missed that.

Second half. Different team. Love Beestin - some player he is shaping up to be. Unlucky not to have scored. Our second goal was very good. Watch Copps - sublime skills.

Overall a very good team effort and win.

glosterred

• VSC Member
« Reply #29 on April 15, 2018, 04:40:31 pm by glosterred »
I thought Marosi was excellent yesterday and has gotten better as the season and his number of appearances has gone along. Although he nearly did drop a b*llocks yesterday. In the first half a restart was kicked back to him only for the ball to go under his foot and almost into the goal. He was just able to stop it in time about a yard from the goal line, unlike Lawlor against Pompey. Other than that he had an excellent game.

COYR

TinyPortal © 2005-2012