Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?
May 28, 2024, 07:19:20 pm

Login with username, password and session length

Links

FSA logo

Author Topic: 44 minutes 46 seconds  (Read 2582 times)

Filo

• VSC Member
44 minutes 46 seconds
« on April 24, 2018, 10:12:06 pm by Filo »
Thats how long the first half lasted, why did the idiot blow early?

(want to hide these ads? Join the VSC today!)

glosterred

• VSC Member
Re: 44 minutes 46 seconds
« Reply #1 on April 24, 2018, 10:13:59 pm by glosterred »
By who’s watch, the refs or stadium clock?

COYR

Filo

• VSC Member
« Reply #2 on April 24, 2018, 10:15:51 pm by Filo »
By who’s watch, the refs or stadium clock?

COYR

Stadium clock

glosterred

• VSC Member
« Reply #3 on April 24, 2018, 10:18:20 pm by glosterred »
The only clock that matters is the refs and he clearly indicated to the Blackburn players who complained that 45 mins was up by his watch. Not many times the is no injury played though

COYR

RedJ

• Forum Member
« Reply #4 on April 24, 2018, 10:54:47 pm by RedJ »
f**king clown also could've easily played on fairly early on when Marquis went through on goal, I reckon he'd have scored.

RoversAlias

• Forum Member
« Reply #5 on April 24, 2018, 11:19:30 pm by RoversAlias »
Considering how often the stadium clock is wrong, I'm siding with the ref. He told the Blackburn players it was time up by his watch and that's the one that matters.

Brian Young

• Forum Member
« Reply #6 on April 25, 2018, 06:53:24 pm by Brian Young »
It’s about that the technology of time keeping is synchronised so everyone can see how long is being added and why . Substitutions , keepers wasting  time when being booked and injuries where the trainer is called on . We stand by every week and take the judgment of complete amateurs without any means of verification. What’s wrong with refs being accountable for their decisions, and communicate similar to rugby. We are introducing goal line technology and VAR, yet referees are still hiding behind their badges of inconsistent incompetence.

DRNaith

• VSC Member
« Reply #7 on April 26, 2018, 08:50:20 am by DRNaith »
I think that's unfair, Brian.  Referees have almost every decision they make scrutinised to the Nth degree by various forms of media and also fans. I don't care if they choose to add time to both halves, or all to just the second half, which I believe is within the rules, or where they judge the timeloss occurs.

There is too much pressure on referees as it stands. We accept human style errors across most other walks of life, but because we have the yard-sticks of video replays and analysis from commentators and pundits, which are often wrong about their interpretation of the rules incidentally, yet that goes unchallenged.

Referees are expected to make a call on a situation within a very short space of time, apply rules that many are unaware of the massive overhaul two years ago, and do so knowing that it will be replayed over and over in scrutiny.

If this continues I can see a further shortage of referees, leading to the poorer ones being promoted further, or even the extreme of AI being introduced, and there's been no controversy around VAR has there.

Personally I think refs do a thankless task which enables the game we love to be played.

Donnywolf

• VSC Member
« Reply #8 on April 26, 2018, 09:23:03 am by Donnywolf »
Yes its a thankless task and as we "did to death" on here recently we should take one big job away from the Ref

That is timekeeping. Currently the average game lasts (or should I say has the ball actually in play) of about 60 minutes in total

Proposals are afoot to make that a fixed 30 minutes in each hals with a bloke or lady of course stopping and starting the clock each time the ball leaves play and re enters play. Imagine all the time wasting by Keepers at set pieces - gone. Subs walking at 1 mph pretending to "jog" - gone. Teams forming pyramids and doing contrived Goal celebrations wastin the conceding Teams time - gone. Fake (or sometimes real) injuries -gone

I reckon there would still be "taking the ball to the corner" type time wasting but by and large most would be GONE and the Game Clock would be right there the whole time for us all to see

Avsuptem

• Forum Member
« Reply #9 on April 26, 2018, 10:15:19 am by Avsuptem »
The rules state that the ref is the sole judge of time. He could have blown for half time after 5 minutes if he wanted to !

Bentley Bullet

• VSC Member
« Reply #10 on April 26, 2018, 10:24:38 am by Bentley Bullet »
I remember a ref in the 1960's (I think) blew for half time after 35 minutes in a Rovers away match. Don't remember who against.

Brian Young

• Forum Member
« Reply #11 on April 26, 2018, 11:35:51 am by Brian Young »

Personally I think refs do a thankless task which enables the game we love to be played.
[/quote] Refereeing is about knowing the laws of the game and applying them even handed. In an average season we all see many examples of poor refs and very odd decision making , everyone is scratching their heads . Anything that takes the controversy out of the game should now be implemented. 

Donnywolf

• VSC Member
« Reply #12 on April 26, 2018, 11:40:25 am by Donnywolf »
I remember a ref in the 1960's (I think) blew for half time after 35 minutes in a Rovers away match. Don't remember who against.

We had something worse in Thorne once. It was in about 1974 when Closing Time was 10.30 - and the Canl Tavern Landlord one Squire W Thompson (Late of Mexborough as it said on his sign) rang his bell and shouted Time gentlemen Please at dead on 9.30

It prompted most of the Pub to start singing " He calls time at half past nine - Squire Thompson" pmsl - at the time !

Bristol Red Rover

• Forum Member
« Reply #13 on April 26, 2018, 01:34:38 pm by Bristol Red Rover »

.....Anything that takes the controversy out of the game should now be implemented. 

I have to disagree. The controversy is a wonderful part of the game with one proviso, that it is balanced, universally fair, not biased to wards one side. THAT balance for me is the key, and something a ref should, and usually does, try to maintain through a match.

Brian Young

• Forum Member
« Reply #14 on April 26, 2018, 02:32:14 pm by Brian Young »
So Marquis should been allowed to score against Blackburn yes/No . Ref spoiled that game as did others this season. As DF if he was fined £1000
for nothing .

TinyPortal © 2005-2012