Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?
May 29, 2024, 11:04:06 am

Login with username, password and session length

Links

FSA logo

Author Topic: back four today  (Read 2027 times)

Bezza

• Forum Member
back four today
« on May 05, 2018, 09:31:13 pm by Bezza »
thought we defended well, Mason had a good game at right back, Anderson fits in well with Butler and young Amos was excellent, looks a good prospect.

(want to hide these ads? Join the VSC today!)

Campsall rover

• Forum Member
Re: back four today
« Reply #1 on May 05, 2018, 09:38:59 pm by Campsall rover »
Like Anderson and Amos looks a very promising player.
Mason where he should be. Butler Mr reliable. Back 4 sorted when Wright and Andrew fit again. One more addition and defence sorted for next season.
We need a midfield general and 2 new strikers.
Mandeville going i presume with Williams, May not good enough, and Beestin is not a striker.

Campsall rover

• Forum Member
« Reply #2 on May 05, 2018, 09:40:29 pm by Campsall rover »
Forgot to mention Kiwoyma who to me is a winger not a striker.

GazLaz

• Forum Member
« Reply #3 on May 05, 2018, 10:20:11 pm by GazLaz »
The goal came from the midfield putting no pressure on the ball and letting a quality player have all the time in the world to look for a pass. Grigg has time to bend his run and get in behind.

Retdon1

• Forum Member
« Reply #4 on May 05, 2018, 10:24:24 pm by Retdon1 »
The goal came from the midfield putting no pressure on the ball and letting a quality player have all the time in the world to look for a pass. Grigg has time to bend his run and get in behind.

They first won the ball back when Whiteman was easily brushed off the ball... were crying out for a proper tough central midfielder

RoversAlias

• Forum Member
« Reply #5 on May 06, 2018, 01:29:45 am by RoversAlias »

Midfield was a disaster today, we badly miss Rowe and Copps. Blair going off early didn't help either.

Happy with the defence again, it has to go down as our best area this season despite some daft mistakes throughout the year.

DRFCMach2man

• Forum Member
« Reply #6 on May 06, 2018, 06:34:22 am by DRFCMach2man »
Have to agree RA our defence has looked solid in most games hence our reasonable goals against figure. As you say when all our defenders are fit I think we are pretty well sorted for next season and that just leaves the midfield and front players to be sorted. Big John can't continue to do it all on his own he needs a good strong link up frontman to play alongside him. Our poor finish to the season is getting to be a habit - some habits die hard - 6 games since a win and 5 games without a goal tells the story.
Midfield is a problem area especially with Copps playing less and less and we still seem under DF to be slow in our build up play and rarely have any width about us always playing narrow. A big solid General in midfield with Andy Bultlers attributes would be great if we can get one but I suppose it will come down to the budget as always.😀

CottyRover

• VSC Member
« Reply #7 on May 06, 2018, 11:42:19 am by CottyRover »

Midfield was a disaster today, we badly miss Rowe and Copps. Blair going off early didn't help either.

Happy with the defence again, it has to go down as our best area this season despite some daft mistakes throughout the year.

To think at the beginning of the season defence seemed the problem area, especially when we missed out on Stephen Taylor.

i_ateallthepies

• VSC Member
« Reply #8 on May 06, 2018, 11:55:31 am by i_ateallthepies »
Stock and Wellens could never be said to be Big but they were our midfield engine who could get us moving forward quickly.  somebody with their attributes would more than do the job.

drfchound

• Forum Member
« Reply #9 on May 06, 2018, 08:04:30 pm by drfchound »
Have to agree RA our defence has looked solid in most games hence our reasonable goals against figure. As you say when all our defenders are fit I think we are pretty well sorted for next season and that just leaves the midfield and front players to be sorted. Big John can't continue to do it all on his own he needs a good strong link up frontman to play alongside him. Our poor finish to the season is getting to be a habit - some habits die hard - 6 games since a win and 5 games without a goal tells the story.
Midfield is a problem area especially with Copps playing less and less and we still seem under DF to be slow in our build up play and rarely have any width about us always playing narrow. A big solid General in midfield with Andy Bultlers attributes would be great if we can get one but I suppose it will come down to the budget as always.😀

Some very good a valid points in that post mach2man.

TinyPortal © 2005-2012