Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?
May 29, 2024, 11:53:28 am

Login with username, password and session length

Links

FSA logo

Author Topic: Question, Query and Overall Observations  (Read 2102 times)

AlonzoDrake

• Forum Member
Question, Query and Overall Observations
« on May 06, 2018, 04:12:49 pm by AlonzoDrake »
Quick Stat Questions for DU and/or TRB -- what's our longest FL run without a goal (now stands at 474 minutes I think). Also, am I right in saying that our 17 FL league draws in a season equals our record of 17 draws in 1949/50, 1968/69. 1977/78 and 1981/82?

Thanks to ifollow I've seen most games this past season, and have often been puzzled by Fergie's positional selections. Because of that we did not see the best from Rowe, Beestin, Blair and Mason, I think. But the future is bright. Can't understand the criticism of Kiwomya, considering his amazing recovery from a life-threatening disease, but looking collectively at Kiwomya, Amos, Mason, Marosi, Andrew, Wright, Whiteman, Anderson and Marquis, we have a solid nucleus of a Championship side.

The WUMs and pessimists have indeed had plenty of joy from our shortcomings, but their blinkered approach does not enable them to see a solid season of growth within the club's long term plan, particularly considering the past season's mass of injuries -- and unfulfilled promise. I dislike criticizing our players, but McCullough, May and Houghton have looked lost and out of their depth recently, and Kongolo has been very disappointing because he possesses great skill.

Despite Fergie's puzzling decisions at times, we were a bloody tough team to beat -- our goals conceded (52) were the lowest outside the top six. And of course a big shout out for our master and maestro Copps who has absolutely mesmerized opponents this season with his amazing skills. Looking forward to one more season of that! So lets add four or five good signings to complement our talented youngsters and old warriors Copps, Rowe, Blair and Butler.

2018/19 will be an interesting season. Hopefully the Merry Millers and Scunthorpe will stay with us in D3, and we'll have great atmosphere and crowds at the Keepmoat with visits from those two, and from D2's Sunderland and Barnsley. And at the other hand hope either Notts County, Lincoln or Coventry can win the play offs in D4

In closing this most subjective review, I do hope Fergie Snr makes a full recovery. He's only a youngster!

(want to hide these ads? Join the VSC today!)

Dutch Uncle

• VSC Member
Re: Question, Query and Overall Observations
« Reply #1 on May 06, 2018, 04:26:04 pm by Dutch Uncle »
Quick Stat Questions for DU and/or TRB -- what's our longest FL run without a goal (now stands at 474 minutes I think). Also, am I right in saying that our 17 FL league draws in a season equals our record of 17 draws in 1949/50, 1968/69. 1977/78 and 1981/82?

Thanks to ifollow I've seen most games this past season, and have often been puzzled by Fergie's positional selections. Because of that we did not see the best from Rowe, Beestin, Blair and Mason, I think. But the future is bright. Can't understand the criticism of Kiwomya, considering his amazing recovery from a life-threatening disease, but looking collectively at Kiwomya, Amos, Mason, Marosi, Andrew, Wright, Whiteman, Anderson and Marquis, we have a solid nucleus of a Championship side.

The WUMs and pessimists have indeed had plenty of joy from our shortcomings, but their blinkered approach does not enable them to see a solid season of growth within the club's long term plan, particularly considering the past season's mass of injuries -- and unfulfilled promise. I dislike criticizing our players, but McCullough, May and Houghton have looked lost and out of their depth recently, and Kongolo has been very disappointing because he possesses great skill.

Despite Fergie's puzzling decisions at times, we were a bloody tough team to beat -- our goals conceded (52) were the lowest outside the top six. And of course a big shout out for our master and maestro Copps who has absolutely mesmerized opponents this season with his amazing skills. Looking forward to one more season of that! So lets add four or five good signings to complement our talented youngsters and old warriors Copps, Rowe, Blair and Butler.

2018/19 will be an interesting season. Hopefully the Merry Millers and Scunthorpe will stay with us in D3, and we'll have great atmosphere and crowds at the Keepmoat with visits from those two, and from D2's Sunderland and Barnsley. And at the other hand hope either Notts County, Lincoln or Coventry can win the play offs in D4

In closing this most subjective review, I do hope Fergie Snr makes a full recovery. He's only a youngster!

Hi Alonzo

Our longest league run without a goal is 7 matches in 1947-48. I don't have any information on minutes - but we scored 2 in each of the matches preceeding and following those seven.

We actually had 18 League draws in 2004-05. That was the last time we played in League 1 immediately following a promotion from below. It was of course following two successive promotions under Dave Penney - and coincidentally of course Copps' first season for Rovers. That total of 18 is the highest in Rovers history.

Fully agree with the rest  of your post  :thumbsup:

:scarf: :scarf: :scarf:

Brian Young

• Forum Member
« Reply #2 on May 06, 2018, 04:29:51 pm by Brian Young »
What Is the five year plan .
When did it start .
What are it objectives .
How do gage it’s progress .
Is there six plan it falls short or four year plan if it gets ahead of its self .
I’m trying NOT to negative but when you factor in our 21 points dropped from winning positions we would have been inthe playoffs , it makes me think we’re going to throw the playoffs just because we could have upset the “five year plan” . What imo is BS no one can plan for illness (kywomia) injuries ( McColough Baudry Andrews etc) Marquis miss firing For the first half Dozen games . So its total utter rubbish. Fail to plan , plan to fail. We had a rubbish preseason we lost players and loaned absolutely basement tripe . Do the same next season and we’ll get the same outcome.

AlonzoDrake

• Forum Member
« Reply #3 on May 06, 2018, 05:11:27 pm by AlonzoDrake »
Ha Ha -- great post Brian! I see the glass half full, and you see it half empty! We must agree to disagree with each other! I look at Trump and Theresa May and see w**kers, but so many love the Trumpster and the daring lady who ran through corn fields as a girl.

I place my analyses of the club historically and comparatively since when I attended my first game in 1963, recalling the horrendous times we had from around 1971 to 1980, and from 1987 to falling out of the league in 1998. We had no financial base then and were run by incompetents and crooks. Now we have a great stadium, Club Doncaster, good solid investment, a long term plan (we agree to disagree about that of course) and a bright future. Also, our season's average gate of 8,212 was the highest in the post war period outside of Tier Two since the 8,561 in 1969/70 in the old D3.

I don't know your age Brian, but so many fans have come on board since 2002/03 when we won promotion, and can't recall the frustration and hopelessness we all felt then when out top talent was sold for peanuts, and we signed sub standard players. I agree with you though that you are not being negative, I just think you are looking at things in the short term. Keep the faith!

Alan Southstand

• Forum Member
« Reply #4 on May 07, 2018, 07:12:44 am by Alan Southstand »
We loaned basement tripe?

Can you enlighten me as to the players that fall into that category, Brian? I'm seriously struggling to think of a basement tripe loanee. Of course, the Man City, Dutch u20 international has been extremely disappointing, I'll grant you that, but Man City have just won the Premiership!

Who else? Boyle came from Preston, Anderson from Burnley. Whiteman and Houghton we all know about and after those 2, who else?

RedJ

• Forum Member
« Reply #5 on May 07, 2018, 09:04:52 am by RedJ »
He hasn't got a scooby, Alan.

Brian Young

• Forum Member
« Reply #6 on May 07, 2018, 09:23:55 am by Brian Young »
Alonzo it’s simple the board know that “they” are the salvation of the club and no matter what ever we think it is “them” only who make decisions and 5 year plan or historical failures won’t change anything as this doesn’t pay the bills “they do” . I would just like a bit more of salesmanship of the idea so we can all see that we have a part to play. When your best player of the year is 37years old , how old he be when the plan is achieved.

RedJ

• Forum Member
« Reply #7 on May 07, 2018, 10:04:48 am by RedJ »
But we don't have a part to play. Can you honestly tell me - other than FC United - of any other club in the country where fans have as much input as we do? I really don't know what you're on about or what you're actually expecting.

Brian Young

• Forum Member
« Reply #8 on May 07, 2018, 10:19:10 am by Brian Young »
If I don’t have a part to play then let me in for free and let the board pay for us all ?  That would daft . Let’s face it I’m looking forward to next season as it leave this one where it belongs . I’ve always picked myself up and just got with life but occasionally I ask myself what direction should I travel . I have supportered DRFC for a long time and never questioned this only if want ask a question who should I speak to . Let that person come forward .

RedJ

• Forum Member
« Reply #9 on May 07, 2018, 10:35:14 am by RedJ »
So because you pay ticket money that entitles you to a say in the way the club is run does it? what planet are you on? what other club in the country aside from the one I said will give you that?

Brian Young

• Forum Member
« Reply #10 on May 07, 2018, 11:01:18 am by Brian Young »
What ???

RedJ

• Forum Member
« Reply #11 on May 07, 2018, 11:07:45 am by RedJ »
Could ask you the same thing. No idea what it is you're wanting.

Brian Young

• Forum Member
« Reply #12 on May 07, 2018, 11:11:39 am by Brian Young »
What ?

scawsby steve

• Forum Member
« Reply #13 on May 07, 2018, 08:03:14 pm by scawsby steve »
What ?

F*cking hell, beam me up Scotty.

graingrover

• VSC Member
« Reply #14 on May 07, 2018, 08:57:35 pm by graingrover »
The Board has lost the second most important benefactor in Dick Watson. Terry and I are same age and I for one am conscious of my mortality. Dont treat the Board as some alien insensitive phenomenon and consider ourselves very fortunate they fork out all that they do. Terry Bramall is a philanthropist not even a football fan.

Envoyé de mon EVA-L09 en utilisant Tapatalk

TinyPortal © 2005-2012