Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?
May 29, 2024, 11:18:17 am

Login with username, password and session length

Links

FSA logo

Author Topic: New MK Dons Manager....  (Read 3694 times)

DonnyNoel

• Forum Member
New MK Dons Manager....
« on June 06, 2018, 01:09:25 pm by DonnyNoel »
....announced at 5pm today.

Tisdale as expected or a late charge from DF? Or AN Other?

(want to hide these ads? Join the VSC today!)

grayx

• Forum Member
Re: New MK Dons Manager....
« Reply #1 on June 06, 2018, 01:37:34 pm by grayx »
Its Tisdale according to sky. Thats one off the list.

Jonathan

• Forum Member
« Reply #2 on June 06, 2018, 02:34:37 pm by Jonathan »
Shame as Tisdale could’ve been a good fit for us. Whilst I understand the business like way in which the club recruits a new manager, the process means we can’t / won’t be proactive enough to approach a viable candidate to persuade him to join. It seems to be more focussed on the candidate persuading us to take them on.

Filo

• VSC Member
« Reply #3 on June 06, 2018, 02:44:41 pm by Filo »
Shame as Tisdale could’ve been a good fit for us. Whilst I understand the business like way in which the club recruits a new manager, the process means we can’t / won’t be proactive enough to approach a viable candidate to persuade him to join. It seems to be more focussed on the candidate persuading us to take them on.

I understand what you're saying, but is it not better to have someone that wants the job, rather than someone that see's pound signs

steve@dcfd

• Forum Member
« Reply #4 on June 06, 2018, 03:00:29 pm by steve@dcfd »
Rovers are looking for a candidate who can display the ability to manage in the Sky Bet Championship.

That would have ruled Tisdale out anyway, League 1 for two years is the highest he’s been.

Jonathan

• Forum Member
« Reply #5 on June 06, 2018, 03:04:39 pm by Jonathan »
Rovers are looking for a candidate who can display the ability to manage in the Sky Bet Championship.

That would have ruled Tisdale out anyway, League 1 for two years is the highest he’s been.

If that is the wording of the advert, then I would argue that a good candidate could display the required ability to manage at championship level without necessarily having managed there. I’m not aware that championship experience is part of the essential criteria.

I hope we aren’t ruling out candidates that have never managed in the championship, as if we did that then not only would it mean we couldn’t appoint Zidane, but we’d be restricting our options to failed championship managers only. I’d much rather we picked someone with the potential to grow with the club.
« Last Edit: June 06, 2018, 03:06:42 pm by Jonathan »

Copps is Magic

• Forum Member
« Reply #6 on June 06, 2018, 03:09:42 pm by Copps is Magic »
Exeter played us off the park at the back end of the league two season. That's about all I know of Tisdale, he seems to be the nearly man, getting close to doing something significant but never quite done it.

GazLaz

• Forum Member
« Reply #7 on June 06, 2018, 03:16:22 pm by GazLaz »

If that is the wording of the advert, then I would argue that a good candidate could display the required ability to manage at championship level without necessarily having managed there. I’m not aware that championship experience is part of the essential criteria.

I hope we aren’t ruling out candidates that have never managed in the championship, as if we did that then not only would it mean we couldn’t appoint Zidane, but we’d be restricting our options to failed championship managers only. I’d much rather we picked someone with the potential to grow with the club.

That’s how I see it. You can display the ability without having managed there.

steve@dcfd

• Forum Member
« Reply #8 on June 06, 2018, 03:19:31 pm by steve@dcfd »
Jonathan it was in the announcement on DRFC website but it’s not on the spec for the job.
So we’ll see what happens.

sedwardsdrfc

• Forum Member
« Reply #9 on June 06, 2018, 04:25:48 pm by sedwardsdrfc »
is it not just one of the criteria so if another ticket all the other boxes it's still a good appointment. Like if one has experience but misses a few other key points he might be considered equal to someone with no experience?

in any case people like Dickov have experience at championship level does that make him better than a Tisdale or McCall or many many others... 

drfchound

• Forum Member
« Reply #10 on June 06, 2018, 04:40:21 pm by drfchound »

I would imagine that managers that are out of work, whether they have managed in L1 or the Championship, are failed managers at some time in their careers.

DonnyNoel

• Forum Member
« Reply #11 on June 06, 2018, 05:03:15 pm by DonnyNoel »
It's Tisdale.

selby

• VSC Member
« Reply #12 on June 06, 2018, 05:11:57 pm by selby »
   Fergie must have gone into the interview wearing his hang dog look,and asked for more money he he

dickos1

• VSC Member
« Reply #13 on June 06, 2018, 05:13:02 pm by dickos1 »
Think that dispels the rumour he left because of a job lined up

IDM

• VSC Member
« Reply #14 on June 06, 2018, 06:04:14 pm by IDM »
Does it? Was there only a job going at MK Dons??

donnyspadge

• Forum Member
« Reply #15 on June 06, 2018, 06:50:51 pm by donnyspadge »
hes in the running for the leeds job apparently

MachoMadness

• Forum Member
« Reply #16 on June 07, 2018, 10:39:02 am by MachoMadness »
hes in the running for the leeds job apparently
I will piss myself laughing if he ends up at Leeds.

selby

• VSC Member
« Reply #17 on June 07, 2018, 12:51:59 pm by selby »
   Dickos, whether he got the job or not, for it to be known that he had applied for the job before May 20th while in our employ would not sit well with the Board, or our supporters if common knowledge.
   It's underhand, and shows that he was not 100% committed to the Rovers, something he has put a couple of young players out to dry publicly when he has questioned their commitment.
  It's double standards, we are well shut of.

GazLaz

• Forum Member
« Reply #18 on June 07, 2018, 01:01:46 pm by GazLaz »
   Dickos, whether he got the job or not, for it to be known that he had applied for the job before May 20th while in our employ would not sit well with the Board, or our supporters if common knowledge.
   It's underhand, and shows that he was not 100% committed to the Rovers, something he has put a couple of young players out to dry publicly when he has questioned their commitment.

Where does it say that he applied for the job?

Fur Calf

• Forum Member
« Reply #19 on June 07, 2018, 06:24:03 pm by Fur Calf »

How ridiculous if I applied for a job whilst in my current employment I would call that being proactive and getting the most remuneration for my labour which would be what most people would do. Additionally,  I do not see that as underhand at all.  Regarding players who are not making the grade etc. for whatever reason you have to be ruthless as a manager, you are not there to be liked because you will get nowhere and will be seen as soft touch.

idler

• VSC Member
« Reply #20 on June 07, 2018, 08:57:45 pm by idler »
If a manager was asking me for a largish budget but looking to leave would you be confident of his targets being worthwhile?

TinyPortal © 2005-2012