Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?
May 29, 2024, 12:58:35 pm

Login with username, password and session length

Links

FSA logo

Author Topic: McCall on the shortlist  (Read 9423 times)

Dare to dream!

• Forum Member
McCall on the shortlist
« on June 15, 2018, 09:20:29 pm by Dare to dream! »
But Hopkin and Warbuton aren’t according to the free press

(want to hide these ads? Join the VSC today!)

dknward2

• VSC Member
Re: McCall on the shortlist
« Reply #1 on June 15, 2018, 09:41:05 pm by dknward2 »
Guessing Warburton didn't apply then if not on the shortlist.

Think McCall would be good, hopkin know nothing about so indifferent to him not being picked if again he even applied.

So one of the 6 named wonder who leaked that us or him. Doubt it would be us so if it's him then I'd not choose him as we know the board like keeping things close until they are ready to show their hand

the vicar

• Forum Member
« Reply #2 on June 15, 2018, 09:48:49 pm by the vicar »
No one knows who is on the list only the board and Gavin, so how can they say

GazLaz

• Forum Member
« Reply #3 on June 15, 2018, 09:53:55 pm by GazLaz »

You are very naive if you think that.

Retdon1

• Forum Member
« Reply #4 on June 15, 2018, 10:00:09 pm by Retdon1 »

They would have no reason to make this up at this stage of the interview process. Hoden and co at the free press will have their contacts in the club.

anton123

• Forum Member
« Reply #5 on June 15, 2018, 10:07:53 pm by anton123 »
McCall will get the job I’m almost certain he ticks all the boxes

since-1969

• VSC Member
« Reply #6 on June 15, 2018, 10:09:13 pm by since-1969 »
Yes he’s gullible and cheap !

PDX_Rover

• VSC Member
« Reply #7 on June 15, 2018, 10:11:44 pm by PDX_Rover »

You're an idiot.

RoversAlias

• Forum Member
« Reply #8 on June 15, 2018, 10:12:48 pm by RoversAlias »

Do you ever post anything positive?

Retdon1

• Forum Member
« Reply #9 on June 15, 2018, 10:13:10 pm by Retdon1 »

Does he have experience of managing in the championship

drfchound

• Forum Member
« Reply #10 on June 15, 2018, 10:15:50 pm by drfchound »

Does he have experience of managing in the championship

He might do in a couple of years.  :rtid:

Alan Southstand

• Forum Member
« Reply #11 on June 15, 2018, 10:20:39 pm by Alan Southstand »
A couple?

MachoMadness

• Forum Member
« Reply #12 on June 15, 2018, 10:24:32 pm by MachoMadness »
Didn't the advert say "demonstrate the ability to manage in the Championship" or something similar, rather than "has experience in the Championship"? I might be remembering it wrong and cba to check.

Jonathan

• Forum Member
« Reply #13 on June 15, 2018, 10:33:35 pm by Jonathan »
I would be delighted with McCall.

jonnydog

• VSC Member
« Reply #14 on June 15, 2018, 10:42:03 pm by jonnydog »
... cos the Free Press is such a reputable and worth-while newspaper isn’t it!! :lol:

since-1969

• VSC Member
« Reply #15 on June 15, 2018, 11:05:36 pm by since-1969 »
This why for only 5 years in over 130 that we have been outside the Championship. No ambition, tight arsed penny pinching so callled investors who would sooner see the club run on a shoe string , than take the plunge . Let’s face it in the right hands the club should be knocking on the door to the Premiership. Burnley , Hudersfield , Swansea , Bournemouth. Barnsley and Bradford all teams we’ve played and beaten etc etc . So to all those that think that grass is greener here ....IT ISN’T . We earn £4-6m yet in the Premiership we could £175m over 5 years . Doh! MCCall is NOT capable of taking us any closer .

RedJ

• Forum Member
« Reply #16 on June 15, 2018, 11:06:47 pm by RedJ »
f**k me you do talk out of your arse don't you.

Herman Hessian

• VSC Member
« Reply #17 on June 15, 2018, 11:10:51 pm by Herman Hessian »
Didn't the advert say "demonstrate the ability to manage in the Championship" or something similar, rather than "has experience in the Championship"? I might be remembering it wrong and cba to check.

"championship or equivalent" was the apposite phrase - he's managed in the scottish premiership which - laughable though scottish football may be - just about fits that criterion

Herman Hessian

• VSC Member
« Reply #18 on June 15, 2018, 11:12:52 pm by Herman Hessian »
the club should be knocking on the door to the Premiership

really ?

you actually think that ?

f**ks' sake...

ian1980

• Forum Member
« Reply #19 on June 15, 2018, 11:16:52 pm by ian1980 »
This why for only 5 years in over 130 that we have been outside the Championship. No ambition, tight arsed penny pinching so callled investors who would sooner see the club run on a shoe string , than take the plunge . Let’s face it in the right hands the club should be knocking on the door to the Premiership. Burnley , Hudersfield , Swansea , Bournemouth. Barnsley and Bradford all teams we’ve played and beaten etc etc . So to all those that think that grass is greener here ....IT ISN’T . We earn £4-6m yet in the Premiership we could £175m over 5 years . Doh! MCCall is NOT capable of taking us any closer .

So called “Investors”?? Lol

They aren’t investors.... investors expect to get a return on what that put in. The current main share holders are not expecting a return so it’s hardly an investment for them is it.

What they are doing is covering the clubs running cost shortfall every year and I for one and extremely happy that they do

Dutch Uncle

• VSC Member
« Reply #20 on June 15, 2018, 11:48:38 pm by Dutch Uncle »

Point of information - in 19 out of the last 106 seasons that league football has actually been played we have been in Tier 2.

DonnyOsmond

• Forum Member
« Reply #21 on June 15, 2018, 11:50:57 pm by DonnyOsmond »

What do you bring to the forum?

since-1969

• VSC Member
« Reply #22 on June 16, 2018, 12:09:19 am by since-1969 »
My opinion  and is as valid as any ill informed individual on here. just because you think differently doesn’t make YOU any wiser than RedJ.

roversam

• Forum Member
« Reply #23 on June 16, 2018, 12:22:44 am by roversam »
Brian Flynn is also on the shortlist  😊

RoversAlias

• Forum Member
« Reply #24 on June 16, 2018, 02:10:42 am by RoversAlias »
Ill informed is right, since-1969. I'm afraid you are spouting what I can objectively call a load of rubbish in this thread I'm afraid.

NickDRFC

• Forum Member
« Reply #25 on June 16, 2018, 08:14:14 am by NickDRFC »
Ill informed is right, since-1969. I'm afraid you are spouting what I can objectively call a load of rubbish in this thread I'm afraid.

Sounds like you’re afraid, who you gonna call...Ghostbusters!

Totally agree with your comment though.

drfchound

• Forum Member
« Reply #26 on June 16, 2018, 08:20:59 am by drfchound »
My opinion  and is as valid as any ill informed individual on here. just because you think differently doesn’t make YOU any wiser than RedJ.

I don’t know your age since1969 but you don’t seem to know much about the history of the Rovers.
Only 5 years in the Championship?
Technically right is suppose but then the Championship hasn’t been in existence for 130 years so that argument doesn’t stand up.
Did you know that we had played in the old Division Two?

since-1969

• VSC Member
« Reply #27 on June 16, 2018, 09:31:09 am by since-1969 »
Are these players still playing or are they mostly dead now. History is for the making and ours  is too long and uneventful to remember all of who did what and when . If the board cough up and invest more short term the long term will pay off and stop the penny pinching and sign the type of players that are available even to us , then your grand kids will see why you ,me and every supporter stayed to watch .
« Last Edit: June 16, 2018, 09:48:27 am by since-1969 »

CottyRover

• VSC Member
« Reply #28 on June 16, 2018, 09:50:45 am by CottyRover »
Are these players still playing or are they mostly dead now. History is for the making and ours  is too long and uneventful to remember all of who did what and when . If the board cough up and invest more short term the long term will pay off and stop the penny pinching and sign the type of players that are available even to us , then your grand kids will see why you ,me and every supporter stayed to watch .

What?

rich1471

• Forum Member
« Reply #29 on June 16, 2018, 10:04:07 am by rich1471 »
seems a little to be on the drink , but what are you on about

TinyPortal © 2005-2012