Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?
May 29, 2024, 06:12:00 am

Login with username, password and session length

Links

FSA logo

Author Topic: Panama - about as good as MK Dons ...  (Read 5725 times)

selby

• VSC Member
Re: Panama - about as good as MK Dons ...
« Reply #60 on June 25, 2018, 10:09:24 pm by selby »
 There are some good strikers in the England squad, one special one, and some big lads that are capable on set pieces.
  That gives us a chance against any side, even if we are being outplayed.
  I am not saying we will win it, do I think we will? NO, but we are capable of doing so if we get the breaks

(want to hide these ads? Join the VSC today!)

BillyStubbsTears

• VSC Member
« Reply #61 on June 25, 2018, 11:37:40 pm by BillyStubbsTears »
RA

Then you’d be disappointed because that would be stupid. And despite occasionally giving evidence to the contrary, I’m not stupid.

Neither am I wishing ill on England. I’m just being realistic.

Did you go over the moon when Donny stuck 6 past Ebbsfleet last season? Did you think that said anything, good or bad, about our prospects in L1?

RoversAlias

• Forum Member
« Reply #62 on June 25, 2018, 11:49:39 pm by RoversAlias »
Of course not BST, but I was still happy and tried to just enjoy the fact we scored 6 goals for once. We'd not done it since my first season watching Rovers after all.

I just feel like you've made a few "Yeah, but..." posts concerning England and I think it's better to just enjoy winning, we only get one of these tournaments for a few weeks every couple of years and we don't often do very well.

Bentley Bullet

• VSC Member
« Reply #63 on June 26, 2018, 12:14:57 am by Bentley Bullet »
Although I think Billy has improved in his reasoning a'lately and seems to have come closer to my way of sensible thinking, I still wish he'd stop treating England in the same petulant manner he accuses me of treating Rovers!

drfcdrfc

• Forum Member
« Reply #64 on June 26, 2018, 01:25:22 pm by drfcdrfc »
It does seem to be hedging your bets

dickos1

• VSC Member
« Reply #65 on June 26, 2018, 01:39:54 pm by dickos1 »
Although I think Billy has improved in his reasoning a'lately and seems to have come closer to my way of sensible thinking, I still wish he'd stop treating England in the same petulant manner he accuses me of treating Rovers!

Precisely what I think.
Billy is acting like many of the fans he berates on here during the season for being overly negative

sedwardsdrfc

• Forum Member
« Reply #66 on June 26, 2018, 02:00:32 pm by sedwardsdrfc »
Winning like we have is a huge improvement on recent and not so recent tournaments so that is something to be happy about!

It's so obvious that we haven't played any real top opposition yet it doesn't need to be said really. The whole country knows it and the celebrations and chants of its coming home are all slightly ironic and in good humor, i think at least

TinyPortal © 2005-2012