Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?
June 08, 2024, 04:02:28 pm

Login with username, password and session length

Links

FSA logo

Author Topic: Michael McIndoe  (Read 2655 times)

NickDRFC

• Forum Member
Michael McIndoe
« on August 02, 2018, 07:45:59 pm by NickDRFC »
Has signed for Clydebank FC. They play in the SJFA West Region Premiership - anyone with a better knowledge of Scottish football than me know what tier that is? Good luck with it Macca, hope he enjoys his return.

(want to hide these ads? Join the VSC today!)

RedArmy

• Forum Member
Re: Michael McIndoe
« Reply #1 on August 02, 2018, 07:48:23 pm by RedArmy »
Not quite the League 1/2 level he said he was getting offers from. All the best

RedJ

• Forum Member
« Reply #2 on August 02, 2018, 07:48:51 pm by RedJ »
It's quite far down their non-league pyramid.

Michael Shaw

• Forum Member
« Reply #3 on August 02, 2018, 07:49:10 pm by Michael Shaw »
A great player. One of our best.

Michael Shaw

• Forum Member
« Reply #4 on August 02, 2018, 07:49:34 pm by Michael Shaw »
He is 38 yr old now.

boro_rover

• Forum Member
« Reply #5 on August 02, 2018, 08:21:15 pm by boro_rover »
Can’t imagine he has any pace left now and I would assume he will soon have zero motivation playing non league Scottish football. But if they put him on free kicks and penalties he will surely get ten a season.

I was gutted when he left us and he has had a chequered past but ultimately I remember him well. Can’t help but feel that he wasted his career in a way. He has done nothing for 8 years now and I would imagine he must be doing a mate a favour going there.

wilts rover

• Forum Member
« Reply #6 on August 02, 2018, 08:41:27 pm by wilts rover »
I think you might find he was errr 'busy' for the past couple of years, hence him not doing anything!

He did say when he was posting on here that he was looking to do his coaching badges & get into management - so I presume they have offered him that opportunity.

He still seems to follow us and has wished us well on Saturday so it seems churlish not to do the same back, good luck for the future Macca.

sheffield exile1

• Forum Member
« Reply #7 on August 02, 2018, 08:50:48 pm by sheffield exile1 »
Has signed for Clydebank FC. They play in the SJFA West Region Premiership - anyone with a better knowledge of Scottish football than me know what tier that is? Good luck with it Macca, hope he enjoys his return.

Clydebank have had a very chequered existence, I believe they were taken out of the league by the new Airdrie consortium (like the Bristol City "new" club in the 80's) as they were bigger and I believe they were ground sharing as well. I think they are more of a junior team so not sure how Macca will fit in. Good luck to the man though!

Glyn_Wigley

• VSC Member
« Reply #8 on August 02, 2018, 08:57:57 pm by Glyn_Wigley »

Clydebank have had a very chequered existence, I believe they were taken out of the league by the new Airdrie consortium (like the Bristol City "new" club in the 80's) as they were bigger and I believe they were ground sharing as well. I think they are more of a junior team so not sure how Macca will fit in. Good luck to the man though!

The story as reported at the time:

http://www.heraldscotland.com/news/11960715.Airdrie_set_for_league_return__at_the_expense_of_Clydebank/

If you thought the creation of MK Dons was a shabby deal, it's got nothing on this.

RedRover45

• Forum Member
« Reply #9 on August 03, 2018, 11:07:29 pm by RedRover45 »

The story as reported at the time:

http://www.heraldscotland.com/news/11960715.Airdrie_set_for_league_return__at_the_expense_of_Clydebank/

If you thought the creation of MK Dons was a shabby deal, it's got nothing on this.

Ironic that the team that replaced Airdrieonians (or in reality, Clydebank) was Gretna FC and they had their own financial meltdown within a few years what ended in disaster.

Yet nowadays, the Lowland League consists of franchise clubs such as Edusport Academy - a 'club' for young French players based in Annan, previously Lanarkshire - about 80 miles away, and they could theoretically win promotion to the Scottish Football League where they'd play more well-known household names such as Forfar, East Fife, Brechin, Stirling Albion, etc.

Welcome to the weird and wonderful world of Scottish fitba...

https://www.bbc.co.uk/sport/football/45037847

This years Scottish playoffs to try to get into the league will be between Cove Rangers and Kelly Hearts of the Lowland League. The winner will this time probably go up at the expense of Cowdenbeath as both teams have s brand new ground and and are having money thrown at them.

Donnywolf

• VSC Member
« Reply #10 on August 04, 2018, 06:58:10 am by Donnywolf »
Meanwhile the man with the easiest job in Football Management - Brendon Rodgers - is "managing" the expectations of the Celtic Fans as they go for a first ever Treble Treble.

Come on Rangers

drfchound

• Forum Member
« Reply #11 on August 04, 2018, 09:05:29 am by drfchound »
Celtic always come first in that one horse race.

IDM

• VSC Member
« Reply #12 on August 04, 2018, 09:30:34 am by IDM »
Not always.. out of the auld firm I would favour Celtic, for the only reason that when I lived in Scotland it was Rangers who were dominant, and had won 9 titles on the bounce..

For what it’s worrh I think Scottish football would be far better off if the top division had 18 teams - this means other clubs who could potentially challenge - hearts, Aberdeen, Dundee Utd would only play Celtic and Rangers twice.. get a draw or beat them once, and be consistent beating the lesser teams and the gap diminishes..

IDM

• VSC Member
« Reply #13 on August 04, 2018, 10:55:46 am by IDM »
Couldn’t agree more.. I have been thinking this for about 20 years.!

TinyPortal © 2005-2012