Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?
March 28, 2024, 09:14:28 pm

Login with username, password and session length

Links

FSA logo

Author Topic: IPTV  (Read 5506 times)

The Mighty Brian Rowe

• VSC Member
IPTV
« on August 03, 2018, 10:13:03 am by The Mighty Brian Rowe »
Anyone know anything about this? Im considering buying a firestick and getting a subscription (£55 for the year) but as the saying goes, if something sounds too good to be true it probably is.
Ta.

(want to hide these ads? Join the VSC today!)

RedJ

• Forum Member
Re: IPTV
« Reply #1 on August 03, 2018, 10:21:12 am by RedJ »
Buy cheap, buy twice is all I'm saying. Price is no guarantee, but make sure you get a few trials before you settle on one. And if you can, see if they'll let you test while the football is on, as that's when it'll be the worst if it's going to be shit.

The Mighty Brian Rowe

• VSC Member
« Reply #2 on August 03, 2018, 10:25:32 am by The Mighty Brian Rowe »
Found a bloke who'll do a fully loaded firestick with years subscription for £95.
He also offers a free 24 hour trial.
Very tempted as my kodi is hopeless for footy.

RedJ

• Forum Member
« Reply #3 on August 03, 2018, 10:39:59 am by RedJ »
Yeah it's shite these days for live stuff, too popular for its own good now. Hope it turns out alright but IPTV is quite hit and miss unfortunately.

bobbymax

• VSC Member
« Reply #4 on August 05, 2018, 10:46:03 am by bobbymax »
Found a bloke who'll do a fully loaded firestick with years subscription for £95.
He also offers a free 24 hour trial.
Very tempted as my kodi is hopeless for footy.
There are much better free options than Kodi nowadays. Mobdro is one and is regularly updated.

bobjimwilly

• VSC Member
« Reply #5 on August 05, 2018, 07:47:29 pm by bobjimwilly »
I "know someone" who paid £35 for year and uses smart iptv. Full sky package in full hd. Sorted.

The Mighty Brian Rowe

• VSC Member
« Reply #6 on August 07, 2018, 02:24:14 am by The Mighty Brian Rowe »
I "know someone" who paid £35 for year and uses smart iptv. Full sky package in full hd. Sorted.
Sounds similar to what I got. Cost me £55 but working like a dream, despite my mediocre internet speed.

Sent from my SM-G935F using Tapatalk

hoolahoop

• VSC Member
« Reply #7 on August 07, 2018, 06:43:16 am by hoolahoop »

I'm a bit of a technophobe bjw. I currently have a basic sky package + internet so basically no filmggs or sport and it costs £60 + pm . Anyone advise me what I should do to cut costs based on their experience ?

jonnydog

• VSC Member
« Reply #8 on August 07, 2018, 08:07:29 am by jonnydog »

I'm a bit of a technophobe bjw. I currently have a basic sky package + internet so basically no filmggs or sport and it costs £60 + pm . Anyone advise me what I should do to cut costs based on their experience ?

Hoola, I’m currently paying just short of £75 and have full HD and 3D package (all channels, sports, movies, etc...), and that price also includes line rental, phone, and u limited fibre broadband.

The key, Hoola, is to haggle at the end of your contract (or when your out of contract). I’ve done this every year with sky and I’ve been with them for over 15 years now. The last time I did it (last year) was the easiest I’ve known. I went on their online chat function, told them I wanted to cancel everything cos of price etc... (like I have every year), they accepted, put me on my 28 day  otice period. Within a week they email, post, ring you, and also offer through Services>My Account on your sky remote, and usually offer 50% off for next 12 months. I have had 70% off one year. Last year I didn’t haggle as much cos at the same time I activated the 50% off fibre unlimited too which worked out more off than 60-70% off TV package.

Like I say, it’s easily done and saves paying unreasonable full prices year on year. I’m out of contract at some point this month but due to move house September so waiting til then to re-do.
« Last Edit: August 07, 2018, 08:11:26 am by jonnydog »

RedJ

• Forum Member
« Reply #9 on August 07, 2018, 09:07:39 am by RedJ »
Aye but then you'll be eligible for new customer deals!

Filo

• VSC Member
« Reply #10 on August 07, 2018, 09:37:04 am by Filo »
I had sky, full TV package, HD, 3 x multi rooms costing me £135 a month, daughter moved out over a year ago but I've only just got around to cancelling the multi room that she had. Phoned sky up to do that and came away with the same as what I had minus one of the multi rooms and now paying £70 a month

jonnydog

• VSC Member
« Reply #11 on August 07, 2018, 09:37:39 am by jonnydog »
Aye but then you'll be eligible for new customer deals!

I’ll decide that nearer the time. The 15 years equates to Sky Q box free, so will compare nearer the time.

ravenrover

• VSC Member
« Reply #12 on August 07, 2018, 10:31:36 am by ravenrover »
Haven't the providers been told to clamp down on illicit streaming, by the PL?

RedJ

• Forum Member
« Reply #13 on August 07, 2018, 10:41:59 am by RedJ »
They've been trying. There are ways around it from both a server and subscriber's end.

hoolahoop

• VSC Member
« Reply #14 on August 07, 2018, 06:54:41 pm by hoolahoop »

Hoola, I’m currently paying just short of £75 and have full HD and 3D package (all channels, sports, movies, etc...), and that price also includes line rental, phone, and u limited fibre broadband.

The key, Hoola, is to haggle at the end of your contract (or when your out of contract). I’ve done this every year with sky and I’ve been with them for over 15 years now. The last time I did it (last year) was the easiest I’ve known. I went on their online chat function, told them I wanted to cancel everything cos of price etc... (like I have every year), they accepted, put me on my 28 day  otice period. Within a week they email, post, ring you, and also offer through Services>My Account on your sky remote, and usually offer 50% off for next 12 months. I have had 70% off one year. Last year I didn’t haggle as much cos at the same time I activated the 50% off fibre unlimited too which worked out more off than 60-70% off TV package.

Like I say, it’s easily done and saves paying unreasonable full prices year on year. I’m out of contract at some point this month but due to move house September so waiting til then to re-do.

Thanks for that jd seems I've been haggling or at least giving in far too easily with them - what you're saying is give them notice and sit tight , don't take their first offer . I've been with them close to 15 years too .

shaun from thorne

• Forum Member
« Reply #15 on August 08, 2018, 11:20:21 am by shaun from thorne »
I got rid of sky sports and films and it cut my bill down to £62 a month, I pay 48 euro for 6 month subscription for IPTV through the internet and upgraded to sky fibre at no extra cost and it works fine. I did a 1 month trial first just to check it. You get every sport channel including live 3 pm games on a saturday

Filo

• VSC Member
« Reply #16 on August 08, 2018, 11:31:01 am by Filo »
I got rid of sky sports and films and it cut my bill down to £62 a month, I pay 48 euro for 6 month subscription for IPTV through the internet and upgraded to sky fibre at no extra cost and it works fine. I did a 1 month trial first just to check it. You get every sport channel including live 3 pm games on a saturday

Hey up Shaun, did you hear those two explosion like noises last night from your way out, no one seems to know what they were

shaun from thorne

• Forum Member
« Reply #17 on August 08, 2018, 01:59:28 pm by shaun from thorne »
Never heard owt Dave is there owt on Facebook

Filo

• VSC Member
« Reply #18 on August 08, 2018, 02:05:34 pm by Filo »
Never heard owt Dave is there owt on Facebook

No only people saying they heard it, but don't know what it was

karldew

• Forum Member
« Reply #19 on August 11, 2018, 06:39:30 pm by karldew »
You around Dunscroft/Stainforth area? If so the loud bangs other day were rumoured to be a car coming off the bridge. Been over today and half the face has been taken out, so could possibly be that?

turnbull for england

• Forum Member
« Reply #20 on August 11, 2018, 09:42:11 pm by turnbull for england »
You around Dunscroft/Stainforth area? If so the loud bangs other day were rumoured to be a car coming off the bridge. Been over today and half the face has been taken out, so could possibly be that?

Near new Inn? That's was a combine

hoolahoop

• VSC Member
« Reply #21 on August 12, 2018, 06:23:59 am by hoolahoop »

What face and are we talking about an out of control combine ? If so could cost up to £ 500,000 to replace new with all the add-ons .

northern soul

• Forum Member
« Reply #22 on August 14, 2018, 11:23:44 am by northern soul »
Anyone using IPTV, using a vpn too?

Any recommendations for either?

Edit- to update con to vpn, bloody auto correct. Thanks
« Last Edit: August 14, 2018, 12:06:01 pm by northern soul »

RedJ

• Forum Member
« Reply #23 on August 14, 2018, 11:27:06 am by RedJ »
I'm guessing that's meant to be VPN, I use IPVanish.

turnbull for england

• Forum Member
« Reply #24 on August 14, 2018, 12:06:08 pm by turnbull for england »

What face and are we talking about an out of control combine ? If so could cost up to £ 500,000 to replace new with all the add-ons .

Saw a photo of it on facebook , wasnt out of control just a bit wider than the road !

northern soul

• Forum Member
« Reply #25 on August 14, 2018, 12:07:58 pm by northern soul »
I was looking at them but then saw a 3 year deal with bid for 2 dollars a month.

TinyPortal © 2005-2012