Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?
May 23, 2024, 11:53:02 pm

Login with username, password and session length

Links

FSA logo

Author Topic: Most hated player of the season  (Read 2165 times)

selby

• VSC Member
Most hated player of the season
« on August 05, 2018, 06:35:00 pm by selby »
  I see on the Southend forum that Butler has cemented his place after only one game as favourite to win the competition, followed closely by Wilkes.
  I think they should be commended for leaving such a great impression after only one game, I hope Butler cements his place in their affections by reminding them of his undoubted skill, and repeats his display in the return game at the Keepmoat.

(want to hide these ads? Join the VSC today!)

Monkcaster_Rover

• VSC Member
Re: Most hated player of the season
« Reply #1 on August 05, 2018, 06:37:02 pm by Monkcaster_Rover »
Did Butler do anything out the ordinary to warrant such a prize? I know he tried to shit house it off the line but that doesn't count.

RedJ

• Forum Member
« Reply #2 on August 05, 2018, 06:41:58 pm by RedJ »
I don't know why Butler.

Marquis or Wilks, now they were proper WUMs. Rowe in with a shout for his theatrics as well. Butler though? bit harsh.

selby

• VSC Member
« Reply #3 on August 05, 2018, 06:46:02 pm by selby »
  Go on their forum, I bet one guy never slept last night, it is hilarious, especially when you think of Ferdinand's display of petulance, and an atrocious tackle in midfield by one of their players at the KM last season.

Monkcaster_Rover

• VSC Member
« Reply #4 on August 05, 2018, 07:02:01 pm by Monkcaster_Rover »
Just signed up.

Got a lengthy coach journey back from London so should provide a few laughs.

the vicar

• Forum Member
« Reply #5 on August 05, 2018, 08:02:54 pm by the vicar »
Did Butler do anything out the ordinary to warrant such a prize? I know he tried to shit house it off the line but that doesn't count.
if the ball had not gone over the line then Butler would of got sent off

Monkcaster_Rover

• VSC Member
« Reply #6 on August 05, 2018, 08:06:22 pm by Monkcaster_Rover »
if the ball had not gone over the line then Butler would of got sent off

True that. I've had a read through their thread and they were mainly spitting feathers about his excessive use of elbows and moaning to the officials.

Soft gets

RoversAlias

• Forum Member
« Reply #7 on August 05, 2018, 08:18:44 pm by RoversAlias »
I half expected us to get a red card yesterday as it'd be typical considering we went the entirety of the last season without one.

These Southend fans online sound like a right set of numpties. Their team behaved like colossal tosspots at the Keepmoat last season and their manager at the time, Phil Brown, said some downright ridiculous things afterwards. Maybe sour grapes runs through that club and town deeper than usual.

Monkcaster_Rover

• VSC Member
« Reply #8 on August 05, 2018, 08:23:34 pm by Monkcaster_Rover »
I half expected us to get a red card yesterday as it'd be typical considering we went the entirety of the last season without one.

These Southend fans online sound like a right set of numpties. Their team behaved like colossal tosspots at the Keepmoat last season and their manager at the time, Phil Brown, said some downright ridiculous things afterwards. Maybe sour grapes runs through that club and town deeper than usual.

All bitter towards us. Saying we've always been a nasty team. Few special mentions for Marko and that's about it.

Like you've said, some of the stuff they pulled at the Keepmoat last year was disgraceful.

roversdude

• VSC Member
« Reply #9 on August 06, 2018, 05:52:42 am by roversdude »
Pleased to hear other team(s) think we’ve a nasty streak - we were rolled over too many times last season by bullying sides. All this with Anderson only on the bench too lol

big fat yorkshire pudding

• VSC Member
« Reply #10 on August 06, 2018, 08:54:07 am by big fat yorkshire pudding »
Exactly, if we are nastier we'll win more games.

TinyPortal © 2005-2012