Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?
June 15, 2024, 09:51:11 pm

Login with username, password and session length

Links

FSA logo

Author Topic: Crawford injury  (Read 6117 times)

Retdon1

• Forum Member
Crawford injury
« on August 09, 2018, 01:32:25 pm by Retdon1 »
Crawford is the injured player

(want to hide these ads? Join the VSC today!)

wing commander

• Forum Member
Re: Crawford injury
« Reply #1 on August 09, 2018, 01:37:16 pm by wing commander »
Yep confirmed..No timescale at the minute..

Dissapointing as I was looking forward to watching him play on Saturday,

GazLaz

• Forum Member
« Reply #2 on August 09, 2018, 01:37:27 pm by GazLaz »
Looked like it was him from the post he did in London. Shame, I think he looks a decent player.

wing commander

• Forum Member
« Reply #3 on August 09, 2018, 01:39:08 pm by wing commander »
Although it's maybe not as bad as we feared..

GM | We're going to be without Ali Crawford for a little while, we won't put a timescale on it but he's already working with the physio. #DRFC

ChrisBx

• Forum Member
« Reply #4 on August 09, 2018, 01:46:53 pm by ChrisBx »
I'm quite worried about the depth of our squad. Are we expecting players like Jacob Fletcher and Cody Prior to feature more this season?

Branton Rover

• VSC Member
« Reply #5 on August 09, 2018, 01:56:32 pm by Branton Rover »
Matty Blair then who I feel was unlucky not to get the nod on Saturday

steve@dcfd

• Forum Member
« Reply #6 on August 09, 2018, 01:59:05 pm by steve@dcfd »

I feel he’s lucky to be in the squad at all but let’s see if he plays.

DonnyBazR0ver

• VSC Member
« Reply #7 on August 09, 2018, 02:02:03 pm by DonnyBazR0ver »
So it's not catastrophic. It's covetable although disappointing as we've not seen enough of his potential yet. That opens the door for Taylor although Rowe could resort to his left sided position.

Not sure whether GM will see fit to bring someone else in, and the next few hours will determine that but either way we should still be able to  peogress with his preferred system.

Roll on Saturday!

ravenrover

• VSC Member
« Reply #8 on August 09, 2018, 02:06:41 pm by ravenrover »
So what we have learned from this is the manager is a little economical with the truth, which is not a bad thing, the injured player played the full 90mins pfah😁
No incomings he says, is he sure about that😉

The Red Baron

• VSC Member
« Reply #9 on August 09, 2018, 02:08:13 pm by The Red Baron »
He made it pretty clear at the presser that he isn't bringing anyone in today. However we can bring loans in until the end of the month. I think we might go down that road now.

GazLaz

• Forum Member
« Reply #10 on August 09, 2018, 02:08:54 pm by GazLaz »
So what we have learned from this is the manager is a little economical with the truth, which is not a bad thing, the injured player played the full 90mins pfah😁
No incomings he says, is he sure about that😉
. Completely pointless not saying who it was initially.

The Red Baron

• VSC Member
« Reply #11 on August 09, 2018, 02:09:17 pm by The Red Baron »

Surely McCullough or Kane will come in.

RoversAlias

• Forum Member
« Reply #12 on August 09, 2018, 02:16:21 pm by RoversAlias »

Surely McCullough or Kane will come in.

That is my expectation too. If all the positions to lose a player to injury I think this was one of the ones we're better equipped to cover. If it had been Marquis, Mason or Butler it would've been a different story.

dickos1

• VSC Member
« Reply #13 on August 09, 2018, 02:41:22 pm by dickos1 »
I think he’ll put either Kane in or drop copps back and play kiwomya.

StocksArmy

• VSC Member
« Reply #14 on August 09, 2018, 03:05:55 pm by StocksArmy »
From the outside looking in it does'nt look like he is keen on McCullough, unsure on whether now is the right time to throw Kane in as well otherwise, why mentioned dipping into the market whether the injury is 4 weeks or 4 months. So it looks like that position will be for Blair but he looked so uncomfortable in there on Saturday IMO. I would personally rather see us go to a DF system and play with 3 CB's, 2 wing backs with Whiteman, Rowe in there with Copps behind the strikers in a free role. Just a thought

jamesrover17

• Forum Member
« Reply #15 on August 09, 2018, 03:08:02 pm by jamesrover17 »
From the outside looking in it does'nt look like he is keen on McCullough, unsure on whether now is the right time to throw Kane in as well otherwise, why mentioned dipping into the market whether the injury is 4 weeks or 4 months. So it looks like that position will be for Blair but he looked so uncomfortable in there on Saturday IMO. I would personally rather see us go to a DF system and play with 3 CB's, 2 wing backs with Whiteman, Rowe in there with Copps behind the strikers in a free role. Just a thought

Strange how he said McCullough was a better player than Houghton, hence why they didn't sign him

GazLaz

• Forum Member
« Reply #16 on August 09, 2018, 03:10:10 pm by GazLaz »

Strange how he said McCullough was a better player than Houghton, hence why they didn't sign him

He was just making things up to deflect.

RoversAlias

• Forum Member
« Reply #17 on August 09, 2018, 03:21:10 pm by RoversAlias »
Good to see we've decided he doesn't rate McCullough because he wasn't selected for one game of the season.

Retdon1

• Forum Member
« Reply #18 on August 09, 2018, 03:34:06 pm by Retdon1 »
Idd drop copps back and play Taylor if hes fit. Having Copps in midfield will help us gain control of possession earlier imo.

StocksArmy

• VSC Member
« Reply #19 on August 09, 2018, 03:44:54 pm by StocksArmy »

Good to see we've decided he doesn't rate McCullough because he wasn't selected for one game of the season.

The signing and selection of Kane having not see him play a game for us suggests I maybe accurate. As I said its from the outside looking in and wouldnt be surprised if McCullough starts the game on Saturday.

GazLaz

• Forum Member
« Reply #20 on August 09, 2018, 03:57:20 pm by GazLaz »
It looks like the same knee injury he spent 4 months out with last season.

phil old leake

• Forum Member
« Reply #21 on August 09, 2018, 04:03:19 pm by phil old leake »
McCullough is a good enough player. I know a lot of people don’t rate him but I feel that given a good run of games he will improve and develop. I want to see him in the team.

keith79

• Forum Member
« Reply #22 on August 09, 2018, 04:09:42 pm by keith79 »
I rate McCullough imo he is our best defensive midfielder.

raggytash

• Forum Member
« Reply #23 on August 09, 2018, 04:13:27 pm by raggytash »
Well a week into the season I’m right with my moan and lack of ambition signing players who’ve played 14 times in 18 month... never want to see any player injured but yet another freebie crock arrives at drfc ..... we’ll done.

Dare to dream!

• Forum Member
« Reply #24 on August 09, 2018, 04:24:54 pm by Dare to dream! »
McCullough is the best CDM we have, he is better than Houghton was just unlucky with injuries

mpc123

• VSC Member
« Reply #25 on August 09, 2018, 04:26:32 pm by mpc123 »
Well a week into the season I’m right with my moan and lack of ambition signing players who’ve played 14 times in 18 month... never want to see any player injured but yet another freebie crock arrives at drfc ..... we’ll done.

Nobody anywhere at any club gets injured no only here

StocksArmy

• VSC Member
« Reply #26 on August 09, 2018, 04:36:54 pm by StocksArmy »
Have we even seen McCullough play a decent run of games in CDM? for the last 2 seasons he has been in and out of the team due to injuries and the one before that he played as a CB. I really don't see the hype with him. As a footballer he is pinching a living and will soon be in the same situation as Mandeville or Middleton. Everytime I have watched him he has been very poor.

Lesonthewest

• VSC Member
« Reply #27 on August 09, 2018, 04:45:22 pm by Lesonthewest »
I also don't think he is keen on McCullough in the starting eleven either, just opinions that's all.

Filo

• VSC Member
« Reply #28 on August 09, 2018, 04:48:34 pm by Filo »

I bet it was shit having nowt to moan about last weekend

since-1969

• VSC Member
« Reply #29 on August 09, 2018, 04:51:52 pm by since-1969 »
When will our luck change.  Every season this type of thing happens , are we just ginxt .
« Last Edit: August 09, 2018, 05:50:18 pm by since-1969 »

TinyPortal © 2005-2012