Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?
May 28, 2024, 09:30:20 pm

Login with username, password and session length

Links

FSA logo

Author Topic: Well that window shut with a whimper  (Read 9816 times)

Wiltshire Exile

• VSC Member
Re: Well that window shut with a whimper
« Reply #90 on August 10, 2018, 02:16:50 pm by Wiltshire Exile »
Personally I think we haven’t invested nothing Sm tbh,..............

So, if you believe that we haven’t invested nothing, doesn’t that mean that we have invested something? Get it?
 :laugh:

(want to hide these ads? Join the VSC today!)

DearneValleyRover

• VSC Member
« Reply #91 on August 10, 2018, 02:34:40 pm by DearneValleyRover »

So, if you believe that we haven’t invested nothing, doesn’t that mean that we have invested something? Get it?
 :laugh:b

Probably not

CottyRover

• VSC Member
« Reply #92 on August 10, 2018, 02:57:12 pm by CottyRover »
One thing I have noticed in all the discussion in this thread about who has come and who has gone is that while some posts forget certain departing players and other posts forget different ones, the name that has been consistently left out is Rodney Kongolo. I wonder why? Not too hard to figure out, perhaps. I'm not making any kind of point, just noticing. 

RoversAlias

• Forum Member
« Reply #93 on August 10, 2018, 02:58:55 pm by RoversAlias »
" we’re down on numbers then the squad overall is weaker. That’s self explanatory."

How is that true? A squad can be filled with dross and players who don't get a game, then those can be shipped out for better players but you don't have to replace them all like for like.

I posted last week in one thread directly comparing our departures to our incomings in terms of perceived quality and it worked out that we were maybe only one down on last season's squad. I'm not doing it again but when you look at our squad overall it is at least as strong if not stronger than last year on the face of it. Signing loads of new players doesn't always equate to a better team, it doesn't work that way.

I’m fed up with discussing it now, there’s a few of you that are so unbelievably defensive of the board it’s untrue.
Let’s just see what happens,

So I've challenged a direct quote of yours and you've no answer for it so just say you're fed up, sure.

We had this last year where you labelled a clutch of other supporters as being needlessly critical of Ferguson, who you defended to the ends of the earth. Now you've changed your stance and it's a clutch of posters being too defensive of the board instead. In other words, if several voices disagree with yours then lump them all together and brand them untrue.

Plenty of irony here I feel. And I don't just go against you for the sake of it, I was on your side more often than not last season in the Fergie debates as you well know.

DearneValleyRover

• VSC Member
« Reply #94 on August 10, 2018, 03:07:10 pm by DearneValleyRover »
RA dickos is the only poster I know who will go round and round in circles because he is unwilling to listen to any point of view that differs to his even when his opinion (although always posted has fact) is proven incorrect, I fear you are wasting your time but admire your tenacity

silent majority

• VSC Member
« Reply #95 on August 10, 2018, 03:27:56 pm by silent majority »
Copps signed a new contract on reduced terms the others were all under contract and I’m not sure when they get older it goes up each year it’s more likely to go down.

Your doing it again! Since when does your opinion become a fact?

The difference between you and the posters you mention is that they read what I write and then adjust their position. Unfortunately with you the determination to argue your point means that you change your position on a continuous basis and ignore valid reasons that differ with your view. You also post stuff as fact because it suits you to do so, despite having no proof or knowledge that it's right to do so.

You argue budgets, salaries and reasons for managers leaving when you have absolutely nothing to base that upon apart from your opinion. Despite me offering the right version you continue to argue, there's no debate with you, just your strongly held view which gets repeated over and over.

Ferguson stated at the time the contract offer to coppinger would be in reduced terms.
Jonathan hasn’t adjusted his position, he clearly felt the money hasn’t been invested on an experienced midfielder and cover for Marquis. Same view as myself.

I couldn’t care less about the budget, but shouting about it being bigger than last years back in May was silly.

I find it amazing how you keep changing horses just to support your opinion.

At the time DF left you were convinced it was all about the budget. You argued with me, changed my words, misreported what I'd written and generally told me that we were lying. For someone who doesn't care about the budget you've banged on about it for long enough.

« Last Edit: August 10, 2018, 03:34:24 pm by silent majority »

dickos1

• VSC Member
« Reply #96 on August 10, 2018, 04:56:19 pm by dickos1 »
Copps signed a new contract on reduced terms the others were all under contract and I’m not sure when they get older it goes up each year it’s more likely to go down.

Your doing it again! Since when does your opinion become a fact?

The difference between you and the posters you mention is that they read what I write and then adjust their position. Unfortunately with you the determination to argue your point means that you change your position on a continuous basis and ignore valid reasons that differ with your view. You also post stuff as fact because it suits you to do so, despite having no proof or knowledge that it's right to do so.

You argue budgets, salaries and reasons for managers leaving when you have absolutely nothing to base that upon apart from your opinion. Despite me offering the right version you continue to argue, there's no debate with you, just your strongly held view which gets repeated over and over.

Ferguson stated at the time the contract offer to coppinger would be in reduced terms.
Jonathan hasn’t adjusted his position, he clearly felt the money hasn’t been invested on an experienced midfielder and cover for Marquis. Same view as myself.

I couldn’t care less about the budget, but shouting about it being bigger than last years back in May was silly.

I find it amazing how you keep changing horses just to support your opinion.

At the time DF left you were convinced it was all about the budget. You argued with me, changed my words, misreported what I'd written and generally told me that we were lying. For someone who doesn't care about the budget you've banged on about it for long enough.

You keep implying I’ve changed my view, I haven’t.
Ferguson in my opinion left because he wasn’t getting any money to sign enough players, the summer so far has backed this up.
Not sure how me saying that’s why he left means I myself care about the budget

dickos1

• VSC Member
« Reply #97 on August 10, 2018, 04:59:39 pm by dickos1 »
" we’re down on numbers then the squad overall is weaker. That’s self explanatory."

How is that true? A squad can be filled with dross and players who don't get a game, then those can be shipped out for better players but you don't have to replace them all like for like.

I posted last week in one thread directly comparing our departures to our incomings in terms of perceived quality and it worked out that we were maybe only one down on last season's squad. I'm not doing it again but when you look at our squad overall it is at least as strong if not stronger than last year on the face of it. Signing loads of new players doesn't always equate to a better team, it doesn't work that way.

I’m fed up with discussing it now, there’s a few of you that are so unbelievably defensive of the board it’s untrue.

So I've challenged a direct quote of yours and you've no answer for it so just say you're fed up, sure.

We had this last year where you labelled a clutch of other supporters as being needlessly critical of Ferguson, who you defended to the ends of the earth. Now you've changed your stance and it's a clutch of posters being too defensive of the board instead. In other words, if several voices disagree with yours then lump them all together and brand them untrue.

Plenty of irony here I feel. And I don't just go against you for the sake of it, I was on your side more often than not last season in the Fergie debates as you well know.

Because whatever I say you’ll just argue back again, just going around in circles

You think we haven’t spent money this summer because McCann doesn’t think he needs to I think it’s because there isn’t any money available to him.
That’s the difference, so all the other side arguments are irrelevant really cause we’ll never agree due to the main difference of opinion

IDM

• VSC Member
« Reply #98 on August 10, 2018, 05:05:44 pm by IDM »
You think, or you know?

There is a difference between not having a decent budget, and having one but not spending it all..

As far as I can see the club via Gavins press interview has set a budget at least the same as last season and reported to be competitive.

Why would we not believe this, based on assumptions about the players we have or haven’t signed?

I am no more the wiser as to the budget but whatever it is, no amount of discussion on here is going to change what it is..

Anyway, there’s a game tomorrow.!

silent majority

• VSC Member
« Reply #99 on August 10, 2018, 05:35:08 pm by silent majority »
Dickos, it's only opinion on your part.

And that's your problem, you take your opinion more seriously than those who understand these things better.

DonnyBazR0ver

• VSC Member
« Reply #100 on August 10, 2018, 06:03:04 pm by DonnyBazR0ver »

Wtf has that got to do with the board! Fergie has gone. Get over it!

drfchound

• Forum Member
« Reply #101 on August 10, 2018, 06:42:55 pm by drfchound »

:laugh:

I was going to mention that Wilts.....but I thought it might not be fully understood by raggy.

dickos1

• VSC Member
« Reply #102 on August 10, 2018, 06:46:24 pm by dickos1 »

Wtf has that got to do with the board! Fergie has gone. Get over it!

What on earth does any of this topic have to do with Ferguson

dickos1

• VSC Member
« Reply #103 on August 10, 2018, 06:53:02 pm by dickos1 »

And that's your problem, you take your opinion more seriously than those who understand these things better.

It’s not my opinion,
The things I stated were happening back in December have continued.
Of course you’ll deny it and so will the club but it’s getting tedious,
We will just have to wait and see what happens

IDM

• VSC Member
« Reply #104 on August 10, 2018, 06:54:14 pm by IDM »
...the cold never bothered me anyway..

silent majority

• VSC Member
« Reply #105 on August 10, 2018, 07:54:49 pm by silent majority »

It’s not my opinion,
The things I stated were happening back in December have continued.
Of course you’ll deny it and so will the club but it’s getting tedious,
We will just have to wait and see what happens

You're unreal. Nothing happened in December, nothing is continuing.

Just 'cos you have a mate who works at Cantley Park who overheard a conversation between DF and someone else doesn't make it right. To suggest, like you did, that the club had to take out a loan to cover a shortfall (one that didn't exist) is just laughable. Denying DF funds to bring in players in the January window was proved wrong when we bought Whiteman, arranged the deal for Houghton, and brought in 2 x CB's to cover injuries.

I know who'll have egg on his face, and it won't be me.

dickos1

• VSC Member
« Reply #106 on August 10, 2018, 08:03:36 pm by dickos1 »
We can do this again if you’d like to

1, I don’t have a mate that works at cantley Park
2, Ferguson was told he couldn’t sign the players he wanted in January. You might not be aware of this but that’s ok. It happened though.
3, you always bring up whiteman, whiteman wasn’t on the list of players he wanted to sign, as he was on loan Signing him was a last minute decision when he almost signed for someone else.
Same with the two centre halves, as they came much later. So signing those players certainly doesn’t prove he was told he couldn’t pursue his targets in jan.
4, I’ve said many times the loan issue was a rumour
5, He didn’t over hear a conversation between Ferguson and someone else.

You’re hilarious how you make all these things up in an effort to make the things I say look less plausible

IDM

• VSC Member
« Reply #107 on August 10, 2018, 08:13:39 pm by IDM »
I refer the posters to my previous entry on this thread..

Let it go..

Please.!

RoversAlias

• Forum Member
« Reply #108 on August 10, 2018, 08:13:56 pm by RoversAlias »

Because whatever I say you’ll just argue back again, just going around in circles

You think we haven’t spent money this summer because McCann doesn’t think he needs to I think it’s because there isn’t any money available to him.
That’s the difference, so all the other side arguments are irrelevant really cause we’ll never agree due to the main difference of opinion

Why will I? I literally said in the post you're responding to that I don't just argue with you for the sake of it and agreed with most of what you were saying last season when Ferguson was the main talking point.

silent majority

• VSC Member
« Reply #109 on August 10, 2018, 08:19:06 pm by silent majority »
We can do this again if you’d like to

1, I don’t have a mate that works at cantley Park
2, Ferguson was told he couldn’t sign the players he wanted in January. You might not be aware of this but that’s ok. It happened though.
3, you always bring up whiteman, whiteman wasn’t on the list of players he wanted to sign, as he was on loan Signing him was a last minute decision when he almost signed for someone else.
Same with the two centre halves, as they came much later. So signing those players certainly doesn’t prove he was told he couldn’t pursue his targets in jan.
4, I’ve said many times the loan issue was a rumour
5, He didn’t over hear a conversation between Ferguson and someone else.

You’re hilarious how you make all these things up in an effort to make the things I say look less plausible

Look, I'm going to draw a line under this and wait for the inevitable capitulation. If that's OK with you of course?

dickos1

• VSC Member
« Reply #110 on August 10, 2018, 08:39:59 pm by dickos1 »
Fine with me but I certainly haven’t predicted a capitulation.

TinyPortal © 2005-2012