Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?
May 29, 2024, 12:21:43 pm

Login with username, password and session length

Links

FSA logo

Author Topic: Alfie May  (Read 19911 times)

Filo

• VSC Member
Alfie May
« on August 25, 2018, 05:26:44 pm by Filo »
81 minutes of a player clearly out of his depth

(want to hide these ads? Join the VSC today!)

steve@dcfd

• Forum Member
Re: Alfie May
« Reply #1 on August 25, 2018, 05:27:51 pm by steve@dcfd »
There was more than but pick on Alfie

Filo

• VSC Member
« Reply #2 on August 25, 2018, 05:28:51 pm by Filo »
There was more than but pick on Alfie

Harsh, but at this level he's dogshite

roversdude

• VSC Member
« Reply #3 on August 25, 2018, 05:30:46 pm by roversdude »
He was as good as the other two up front today

Prez

• VSC Member
« Reply #4 on August 25, 2018, 05:31:20 pm by Prez »
A bit harsh, i thought Marquis was shocking.

Alan Southstand

• Forum Member
« Reply #5 on August 25, 2018, 05:32:26 pm by Alan Southstand »
So, what's the answer? Don't just knock someone who has just worked his nads off for the cause - who is going to do better?

steve@dcfd

• Forum Member
« Reply #6 on August 25, 2018, 05:33:20 pm by steve@dcfd »
Wilkes gone backwards Marquis in frustration stage. Kiwomya purely not good enough and fit enough.

MEGA1879

• Forum Member
« Reply #7 on August 25, 2018, 05:33:31 pm by MEGA1879 »
Alfie May
He's clearly not good
enough at this level!!! And with that performance GM will know aswell 🤔

Akinfenwa

• Forum Member
« Reply #8 on August 25, 2018, 05:34:08 pm by Akinfenwa »
Same as always. Works his nuts off, and for that he deserves applause. But just not good enough a footballer.

the vicar

• Forum Member
« Reply #9 on August 25, 2018, 05:34:57 pm by the vicar »
He had a good game today

RoversAlias

• Forum Member
« Reply #10 on August 25, 2018, 05:35:01 pm by RoversAlias »
Unfair this, I feel. Of our three forwards he was the best one today. He put himself about, he won some tricky balls and played others in a lot. Good movement, he contributed more than Marquis and far more than Wilks.

Another one who has joined the category of scapegoat for some of our fans.

steve@dcfd

• Forum Member
« Reply #11 on August 25, 2018, 05:36:50 pm by steve@dcfd »
He was no better or worse than Wilkes we shows why we needed another striker but that won’t happen.

Lesonthewest

• VSC Member
« Reply #12 on August 25, 2018, 05:37:11 pm by Lesonthewest »
I always thought he would improve, but he's just not good enough for this level, the way he went down looking for a foul when he could have just chased the ball down was embarrassing, we need better.

Filo

• VSC Member
« Reply #13 on August 25, 2018, 05:37:56 pm by Filo »
Unfair this, I feel. Of our three forwards he was the best one today. He put himself about, he won some tricky balls and played others in a lot. Good movement, he contributed more than Marquis and far more than Wilks.

I don't have scapegoats, I say as I see, he's conference level at best, works his nuts off bur just not good enough, and thats based on seeing him play since we got him, not just todays game

Alan Southstand

• Forum Member
« Reply #14 on August 25, 2018, 05:38:51 pm by Alan Southstand »
His mate Wilks was even worse! To be fair, Pompey did it countless times and got free kicks.

Akinfenwa

• Forum Member
« Reply #15 on August 25, 2018, 05:40:29 pm by Akinfenwa »
Our other fowards have shown that they are capable of doing something at this level even if they played badly today.

May hasn't, despite being given plenty of opportunities to prove himself. He never looks like scoring. Ever.

That's the difference for me.

Park Rover

• Forum Member
« Reply #16 on August 25, 2018, 05:43:10 pm by Park Rover »
Today’s game shows we need to stop the obsession for midfielders, and bring a quality striker in. Today Wilkes and Mays first touch was atrocious, and Marquis was dropping far too deep looking for the ball . No pressure on the strikers because there’s no one to bring on when it’s not happening for them.

Lesonthewest

• VSC Member
« Reply #17 on August 25, 2018, 05:44:05 pm by Lesonthewest »
Wilkes was poor today, needs to stay on his feet more & pass the ball when he's crowded out instead of trying to run through defenders.

Jonathan

• Forum Member
« Reply #18 on August 25, 2018, 05:51:58 pm by Jonathan »
When I saw the title of this thread I thought it must be there to praise him for a very tenacious performance today, so I’m surprised at what I’m reading. I honestly thought he did well. Some frustrating moments, but on the whole a decent display. As others have said, Wilks was far worse today and very frustrating. But he’ll come good again he’s only young.

Bentley Bullet

• VSC Member
« Reply #19 on August 25, 2018, 05:55:57 pm by Bentley Bullet »
May was the best forward on the pitch today. Thank god our manager is a cut above the average forum poster in terms of knowledge of the game. May had the most shots on target and ran himself into the ground.

An absolute injustice of a thread.

Campsall rover

• Forum Member
« Reply #20 on August 25, 2018, 06:01:25 pm by Campsall rover »
Would agree Alfie was no worse than Wilks today but Wilks will score goals and Alfie won’t at this level as quite simply he is a conference player at best.

Paul Simpson

• Forum Member
« Reply #21 on August 25, 2018, 06:03:13 pm by Paul Simpson »
Give the lad a chance. He scored was it 7 goals prior to his injury last season. Well done Alfie! 😀

Bentley Bullet

• VSC Member
« Reply #22 on August 25, 2018, 06:06:02 pm by Bentley Bullet »
Would agree Alfie was no worse than Wilks today but Wilks will score goals and Alfie won’t at this level as quite simply he is a conference player at best.

May HAS scored goals at this level!

Retdon1

• Forum Member
« Reply #23 on August 25, 2018, 06:08:24 pm by Retdon1 »
I thought may did ok today but the lad is not good enough at this level.

bobbymax

• VSC Member
« Reply #24 on August 25, 2018, 06:08:50 pm by bobbymax »
Well I wouldn't have swapped any of the Portsmouth forwards for one of ours and they were supposedly top of the league! A little bit of perspective and common sense please.

sedwardsdrfc

• Forum Member
« Reply #25 on August 25, 2018, 06:09:17 pm by sedwardsdrfc »
He wasn’t that bad in my eyes just can’t help but think someone else would of finished some of those chances he is a little weak when there’s a scramble or half chance he just falls over.

The whole team was good today just didn’t fall for us and we got a little frustrated up top that’s all move on

SOD

• Forum Member
« Reply #26 on August 25, 2018, 06:11:56 pm by SOD »
May was the best forward on the pitch today. Thank god our manager is a cut above the average forum poster in terms of knowledge of the game. May had the most shots on target and ran himself into the ground.

An absolute injustice of a thread.
Totally Agree, and Marquis had an awful game

DonnyBazR0ver

• VSC Member
« Reply #27 on August 25, 2018, 06:13:42 pm by DonnyBazR0ver »
There are certain standards you judge players by. Alfie hasn't really set a standard but Marquis has. Marquis is capable of going on a scoring run and maintaining a standard of performance that helps the team Alfie, unfortunately hasn't got the all round game.

Wilks wasn't on his game today for sure but he is capable of much more.

RoversAlias

• Forum Member
« Reply #28 on August 25, 2018, 06:14:47 pm by RoversAlias »

I don't have scapegoats, I say as I see, he's conference level at best, works his nuts off bur just not good enough, and thats based on seeing him play since we got him, not just todays game

Maybe you don't Filo but this thread is another demonstration of how qutie a few supporters do. It's so easy to label Alfie "Conference standard" because he came from non-league but his performances don't deserve such disrespect. I don't see anyone calling out players who had much worse games than him today, it happens a lot. It's as if, for some fans, May has to do a lot more than other players do to earn any praise.

I judge each player on the game of the day and May does not deserve to be singled out for criticism today when he played quite well, and certainly played better than the new golden boy Wilks and even our talisman Marquis.

sedwardsdrfc

• Forum Member
« Reply #29 on August 25, 2018, 06:16:03 pm by sedwardsdrfc »
He did a good job hassling them but needs to play with 2 touches for me too often he’s taking so many touches the options just dry up

TinyPortal © 2005-2012