Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?
June 09, 2024, 04:19:15 pm

Login with username, password and session length

Links

FSA logo

Author Topic: Belief  (Read 3219 times)

scawsby steve

• Forum Member
Belief
« on September 02, 2018, 09:24:42 pm by scawsby steve »
The tremendous team displays against Pompey and Peterborough have changed the parameters of belief for me, and I would imagine for the players and many fans as well. Playing like that has convinced me that we have one of the best teams in the league this season, and have no reason to fear anyone.

Of course, we're going to need some luck with injuries and suspensions up to January, but so do other clubs.

For the first time in a long while I feel quite optimistic.

(want to hide these ads? Join the VSC today!)

Campsall rover

• Forum Member
Re: Belief
« Reply #1 on September 02, 2018, 09:49:07 pm by Campsall rover »
The tremendous team displays against Pompey and Peterborough have changed the parameters of belief for me, and I would imagine for the players and many fans as well. Playing like that has convinced me that we have one of the best teams in the league this season, and have no reason to fear anyone.

Of course, we're going to need some luck with injuries and suspensions up to January, but so do other clubs.

For the first time in a long while I feel quite optimistic.
Snap

selby

• VSC Member
« Reply #2 on September 02, 2018, 10:03:18 pm by selby »
  Steve, we certainly have the individual ability in the team that played those two games,but at Peterborough we took the organisation, the playing from back to front to a new level.
   Every component functioned as a unit, the back four were solid down the middle, the full backs were solid defensively, and got down the flanks in attack, and the midfield played through the Peterborough players with ease, Marquis and Wicks offered themselves up front and got behind their defenders, we were very very good on the day, the team have set themselves a high bar to play like that on a regular basis, but that must be the target now.
  The last time we achieved that, we won the championship of this division with a team nowhere near as individually talented throughout the team, although the back four were immense. 

Campsall rover

• Forum Member
« Reply #3 on September 03, 2018, 08:59:08 am by Campsall rover »
The back 4 was emense Brian but we did have considerable ability in midfield and attack. Lundstrum, Forman, Keegan, Coppinger, Cotterill, Paynter, Brown, Hume. None of those players were without ability.
Its just the style of play this season which is much slicker and more fluent that is easier on the eye.
That team in 2012/13 was a team of winners and had more bottle than Coca Cola. If we can show the same this season and stay injury free we would have every chance of replicating that team and win the league again.

Campsall rover

• Forum Member
« Reply #4 on September 03, 2018, 09:01:37 am by Campsall rover »
That’s Furman not Forman. That would have been a knock out if we had him. Sorry. :facepalm:

scawsby steve

• Forum Member
« Reply #5 on September 03, 2018, 04:09:01 pm by scawsby steve »
That’s Furman not Forman. That would have been a knock out if we had him. Sorry. :facepalm:

Yes Campsall, but later on we had Nathan TYSON, and now we have ALI Crawford.

OK, I'll get my coat as well.

Bristol Red Rover

• Forum Member
« Reply #6 on September 03, 2018, 06:50:26 pm by Bristol Red Rover »

And there was LEWIS Guy and ROCKY Ravenhill... I think it was  :unsure:

Campsall rover

• Forum Member
« Reply #7 on September 03, 2018, 08:21:32 pm by Campsall rover »

I seem to have stared something on here. Thought this was a football forum. Apologies.

Bristol Red Rover

• Forum Member
« Reply #8 on September 04, 2018, 01:45:13 am by Bristol Red Rover »

I seem to have stared something on here. Thought this was a football forum. Apologies.
The wise money was always on LEWIS Guy to go down in the second.

elmsallrover

• Forum Member
« Reply #9 on September 06, 2018, 05:26:18 am by elmsallrover »
It's great playing this type of football but the end of the day we didn't win at Peterborough the club as made a big error in not sorting out a problem that's been going on for over a year now and that's getting in another main striker to help marquis

godlike1

• Forum Member
« Reply #10 on September 06, 2018, 05:45:42 am by godlike1 »
Without wanting to p*** all over this positive thread. The performances against Blackpool and Newcastle under 6's is stopping me from getting too carried away along with our lack of a win in 6 games

Campsall rover

• Forum Member
« Reply #11 on September 06, 2018, 08:34:00 am by Campsall rover »
It's great playing this type of football but the end of the day we didn't win at Peterborough the club as made a big error in not sorting out a problem that's been going on for over a year now and that's getting in another main striker to help marquis
We need back up yes. But Wilks was emense at Peterborough. Problem is he is inconsistent in his performances.

dickos1

• VSC Member
« Reply #12 on September 06, 2018, 11:46:19 am by dickos1 »
Without wanting to p*** all over this positive thread. The performances against Blackpool and Newcastle under 6's is stopping me from getting too carried away along with our lack of a win in 6 games

If we’d played shite in all the league games but well in the two cups would that make you happier though?

Barmby Rover

• Forum Member
« Reply #13 on September 06, 2018, 11:59:44 am by Barmby Rover »
Rovers are not world-beaters, or even League One beaters, but they show a good deal of enthusiasm for their football and try their best. I hope to be proved wrong, but with only a couple of important injuries we could struggle massively.

Bristol Red Rover

• Forum Member
« Reply #14 on September 06, 2018, 02:14:23 pm by Bristol Red Rover »
Consistency is a biggie for us as a team and individuals, that's what makes the difference when there are limited resources (yeah, injuries too  :pinch: ).

Some more "flair" players, like Wilks, will always vary, but that's up to the manager to crack and regulate. Others need to sort themselves out, and I think GM is good at helping  in this way, we'll see.

As mentioned in another thread, I do worry about Marosi given what's happened, but I think he's matured enough to deal with that quite quickly and if not, we have Lawlor.

godlike1

• Forum Member
« Reply #15 on September 06, 2018, 08:11:21 pm by godlike1 »

If we’d played shite in all the league games but well in the two cups would that make you happier though?

That's really not the point I'm making which I think you know

TinyPortal © 2005-2012