Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?
March 29, 2024, 08:23:47 am

Login with username, password and session length

Links

FSA logo

Author Topic: Nail biting finish, just caught the last bit on text  (Read 2510 times)

SydneyRover

• VSC Member
Nail biting finish, just caught the last bit on text
« on October 13, 2018, 05:05:42 pm by SydneyRover »
Rovers maintain 4th as top teams win.
« Last Edit: October 13, 2018, 05:09:12 pm by SydneyRover »

(want to hide these ads? Join the VSC today!)

RedJ

• Forum Member
Re: Nail biting finish, just caught the last bit on text
« Reply #1 on October 13, 2018, 07:09:38 pm by RedJ »
Felt shite dropping down my leg when I saw the board go up.

StocksArmy

• VSC Member
« Reply #2 on October 13, 2018, 07:15:22 pm by StocksArmy »
In my opinion it would have been no more than they deserved. How did we win that game? Thought our full backs had very hard afternoons. May in that position doesnt work and that is up there with the worst I have seen Marquis play. Having said all that, there is just something about this team where you always expect us to score. And we owe today to Copps.

sedwardsdrfc

• Forum Member
« Reply #3 on October 13, 2018, 08:37:27 pm by sedwardsdrfc »
We put enough forward thinking players on the pitch that even when we are playing poor we can score 3 goals, in fact it almost feels like we score more when we're not playing well! Although we don't control games the same way.

RoversAlias

• Forum Member
« Reply #4 on October 13, 2018, 08:48:10 pm by RoversAlias »
In my opinion it would have been no more than they deserved. How did we win that game? Thought our full backs had very hard afternoons. May in that position doesnt work and that is up there with the worst I have seen Marquis play. Having said all that, there is just something about this team where you always expect us to score. And we owe today to Copps.

We were clinical, they wasted good chances and we defended well against some others with Marosi and the defence making great blocks. We deserved to win today, a team can have 20 chances but if they only take 2 and the opposition take 3 then the opposition deserves to win.

NickDRFC

• Forum Member
« Reply #5 on October 13, 2018, 08:52:50 pm by NickDRFC »

We were clinical, they wasted good chances and we defended well against some others with Marosi and the defence making great blocks. We deserved to win today, a team can have 20 chances but if they only take 2 and the opposition take 3 then the opposition deserves to win.

I think that’s a very simplistic way of looking at it - are you saying that there’s never a result that isn’t deserved? I don’t think we deserved to win today, or even get a point, but the important thing as always is that we got the win.

RoversAlias

• Forum Member
« Reply #6 on October 13, 2018, 08:57:46 pm by RoversAlias »

I think that’s a very simplistic way of looking at it - are you saying that there’s never a result that isn’t deserved? I don’t think we deserved to win today, or even get a point, but the important thing as always is that we got the win.

Aye maybe it is a bit simplistic to be fair but I do think we deserved to win today. Rochdale were good but we battled well, gave as good as we got and made a number of good interventions to stop them scoring. We also scored three good goals. I didn't feel we were lucky to come away with the points at all.

RedJ

• Forum Member
« Reply #7 on October 13, 2018, 09:02:16 pm by RedJ »
We also hit the post and was it Blair had a great chance (should've scored really) saved in the first half.

Campsall rover

• Forum Member
« Reply #8 on October 13, 2018, 09:09:40 pm by Campsall rover »
Last week we were the better team and lost. This week we were most certainly not and won. Who scores the most and concedes the least wins. Simple. Does not mean you are the better team just because you won.
Performances are important because if you perform badly in 46 games you might win 10/12 if your lucky. End result is relegation.
The last 2 match results have gone against the norm. That happens from time to time in Football.
If we defend as we have done in those last 2 games over the remainder of the season we will lose more than we will win.
That’s not being negative it’s a fact. We won’t score 3 goals every week that’s also a fact. Nobody ever does.
Having said all that I still predict we will be in the play offs in May.
McCann will get it sorted.

selby

• VSC Member
« Reply #9 on October 13, 2018, 09:13:06 pm by selby »
 RedJ that was the best move football wise in the game, and a very good save by their keeper.

since-1969

• VSC Member
« Reply #10 on October 13, 2018, 09:30:41 pm by since-1969 »
Last week we were the better team and lost. This week we were most certainly not and won. Who scores the most and concedes the least wins. Simple. Does not mean you are the better team just because you won.
Performances are important because if you perform badly in 46 games you might win 10/12 if your lucky. End result is relegation.
The last 2 match results have gone against the norm. That happens from time to time in Football.
If we defend as we have done in those last 2 games over the remainder of the season we will lose more than we will win.
That’s not being negative it’s a fact. We won’t score 3 goals every week that’s also a fact. Nobody ever does.
Last we were not the better team !! Fleetwood trounced us , they tackled and pressed and scored good goals . All we did was play without conviction at the back and with glasses in at front . Fleetwood deserved the win . 0-4 isn’t a fluke !!

Pancho Regan

• VSC Member
« Reply #11 on October 13, 2018, 09:31:33 pm by Pancho Regan »
and that is up there with the worst I have seen Marquis play. Having said all that, there is just something about this team where you always expect us to score. And we owe today to Copps.

I agree totally with you about Copps but I couldn’t disagree more with your remark about Marquis. That’s the beauty of this crazy game of football, we all see different things.
I watched Marquis closely today and I thought his work rate was absolutely superb. There was a moment where he raced back from the centre-forward position to try and win the ball back on our left touchline, and in doing so he pressured their right back into playing a square ball across to the centre half. He then dallied on the ball before laying it across the the left back, during which time Marquis had run across the pitch and pressured the left back into playing a hurried ‘nothing ball’ upfield.

I turned to my brother at that moment and said ‘have we ever had a harder-working centre forward than Marquis?’

We decided that we had - a certain Chris Brown.
But Marquis is Chris Brown .... with goals.

I will not hear a bad word against him about today, the guy ran his socks off.

drfchound

• Forum Member
« Reply #12 on October 13, 2018, 09:37:50 pm by drfchound »
Last we were not the better team !! Fleetwood trounced us , they tackled and pressed and scored good goals . All we did was play without conviction at the back and with glasses in at front . Fleetwood deserved the win . 0-4 isn’t a fluke !!

I think that you are in a minority situation with those thoughts mate.
Had we scored our chances we would have at least been level at half time.

Pancho Regan

• VSC Member
« Reply #13 on October 13, 2018, 09:43:18 pm by Pancho Regan »

Sorry but 0-4 was a total fluke.

Campsall rover

• Forum Member
« Reply #14 on October 13, 2018, 10:39:30 pm by Campsall rover »
Well that’s your opinion isn’t it. Most people seem to disagree with you. On most days we would have won that match. It was a freek match and Fleetwood must have thought all their birthdays must have arrived at once. Anything that could have gone wrong for us did.
4 glaring misses in the 1st half which would have given us a 3/4-2 lead at least. They may well not have scored 2nd or 3rd or 4th goal if we had taken those chances. Goals change games.
Just as today when Rochdale missed 4 sitters in the 1st half. If they had scored 3 of those then the outcome would in all probability have been very different.

Alan Southstand

• Forum Member
« Reply #15 on October 14, 2018, 03:47:28 pm by Alan Southstand »
I thought we were awful second half last week, just when I thought we, at least, would have put up a bit of a fight. We got exactly what we deserved last week. Scoring chances created are part of the performance and we could have played 10 dustbins last week and still not scored, as we had one of those days. To say we played well is stretching it a bit.

The Red Baron

• VSC Member
« Reply #16 on October 14, 2018, 03:55:25 pm by The Red Baron »
I thought we were awful second half last week, just when I thought we, at least, would have put up a bit of a fight. We got exactly what we deserved last week. Scoring chances created are part of the performance and we could have played 10 dustbins last week and still not scored, as we had one of those days. To say we played well is stretching it a bit.

I realise we are going over old ground, but I agree with you about the second half. The fourth goal was crucial. At half time, even at three down, I thought we could still get something, because of the chances we had created. When the fourth went in we threw in the towel.

TinyPortal © 2005-2012