Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?
March 28, 2024, 09:46:10 pm

Login with username, password and session length

Links

FSA logo

Author Topic: Penalty  (Read 3941 times)

GazLaz

• Forum Member
Penalty
« on October 13, 2018, 05:22:24 pm by GazLaz »
It didn’t look a penalty to me.

(want to hide these ads? Join the VSC today!)

NickDRFC

• Forum Member
Re: Penalty
« Reply #1 on October 13, 2018, 05:24:20 pm by NickDRFC »
Looked as though Wilks was tugged back to me but only saw it the once. He may have just slipped.

glosterred

• VSC Member
« Reply #2 on October 13, 2018, 05:26:07 pm by glosterred »
There’s or ours?

COYR

CottyRover

• VSC Member
« Reply #3 on October 13, 2018, 05:29:12 pm by CottyRover »
Nick seems to be talking about the one we could have had when Wilks ended up being booked for simulation

Wiltshire Exile

• VSC Member
« Reply #4 on October 13, 2018, 05:29:30 pm by Wiltshire Exile »

It didn’t look a penalty to me.

Some fans thought it was, some thought it wasn’t and quite a few probably couldn’t make up their mind! The bloke who matters, the ref, decided no pen. To state the obvious, that’s what he’s there for. Who’d be a ref, eh?  :(

DonnyBazR0ver

• VSC Member
« Reply #5 on October 13, 2018, 05:31:15 pm by DonnyBazR0ver »
Just seen the one given against us and the ref was conned I think.

NickDRFC

• Forum Member
« Reply #6 on October 13, 2018, 05:38:21 pm by NickDRFC »
Nick seems to be talking about the one we could have had when Wilks ended up being booked for simulation

Whoops yep I was taking about the one that wasn’t given for us - so much happened between their penalty and the end I’d pretty much forgotten about it!

I thought theirs looked soft but again would like to see it again.

POD

• Forum Member
« Reply #7 on October 13, 2018, 05:39:11 pm by POD »
Looks like it was Marquis who gave away the penalty.  It looked on the replay as though he may have got a touch on the ball, but as he put his head in his hands and didn’t argue, it must have been a nailed on penalty!

mrfrostsdad

• Forum Member
« Reply #8 on October 13, 2018, 06:56:33 pm by mrfrostsdad »

I've just seen it as well Barry and it looked like a stone waller to me. Marquis didn't protest much. Their second looked a bit like a Marquis own goal as well

selby

• VSC Member
« Reply #9 on October 13, 2018, 07:11:26 pm by selby »
 In real time their penalty looked like Marquis played the ball and their player came in late. As I saw it I would have given a free kick to the Rovers for a late challenge.
  It was very similar to the one awarded last season in the Cheka trade when Cannon came from behind and went over.

Bristol Red Rover

• Forum Member
« Reply #10 on October 13, 2018, 07:11:38 pm by Bristol Red Rover »
It were never a pen for them, and this guy agrees so that's that.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=zC2GJ6-5j6s

donnievic

• Forum Member
« Reply #11 on October 13, 2018, 07:13:10 pm by donnievic »
wilks didn’t get booked though do not sure why he gave them a free kick for it,and liked a pen to me.the one that was given for them I actually thought he was giving a free kick to us,but thought the red and linesman on our side was shit all game

NickDRFC

• Forum Member
« Reply #12 on October 13, 2018, 07:20:09 pm by NickDRFC »
wilks didn’t get booked though do not sure why he gave them a free kick for it,and liked a pen to me.the one that was given for them I actually thought he was giving a free kick to us,but thought the red and linesman on our side was shit all game

Don’t think it was given for a dive - the ref looked like he gestured for a pull after he blew the whistle.

DonnyBazR0ver

• VSC Member
« Reply #13 on October 13, 2018, 07:27:00 pm by DonnyBazR0ver »
In real time their penalty looked like Marquis played the ball and their player came in late. As I saw it I would have given a free kick to the Rovers for a late challenge.
  It was very similar to the one awarded last season in the Cheka trade when Cannon came from behind and went over.

That's how I saw it!

RoversAlias

• Forum Member
« Reply #14 on October 13, 2018, 08:40:35 pm by RoversAlias »

Don’t think it was given for a dive - the ref looked like he gestured for a pull after he blew the whistle.

Correct or else he'd have booked Wilks for simulation, which he didn't.

I did not think the Marquis foul was a penalty at the time. He didn't protest though I don't think.

The Red Baron

• VSC Member
« Reply #15 on October 13, 2018, 09:51:36 pm by The Red Baron »
The one with Marquis was a penalty. He didn't get a touch on the ball. I haven't seen the Wilks one.

CottyRover

• VSC Member
« Reply #16 on October 14, 2018, 08:45:15 am by CottyRover »

Correct or else he'd have booked Wilks for simulation, which he didn't.

I did not think the Marquis foul was a penalty at the time. He didn't protest though I don't think.

The commentator on i-Follow said Mallik's "foul" was for simulation, but as he wasn't booked, probably got it wrong.

Draytonian III

• VSC Member
« Reply #17 on October 14, 2018, 09:53:09 am by Draytonian III »
I was in line with the Marquis penalty decision and it looked a stonewall penalty,if you see it again watch his reaction he knows it is straight away

Jonathan

• Forum Member
« Reply #18 on October 14, 2018, 10:11:06 am by Jonathan »
I thought the penalty they were awarded was fair enough.

I have utterly no idea why we didn’t get a penalty at the end when Wilks was dragged down. Looked clear as day.

The amount of injury time played was astonishing, but we held out well.

Rode our luck at times but that’s the game. The previous week we created a series of gilt edged chances in the first half against Fleetwood and went in 3-0 down at the break. It is what it is.

Alan Southstand

• Forum Member
« Reply #19 on October 14, 2018, 10:32:58 am by Alan Southstand »
I'm not disputing their penalty for one second, but, when you look where the ball comes in from and the fact JM was in front of their player, there's possibly sufficient reason to cast doubt on any decision, but the referee immediately blew for it. It's as though he couldn't wait to give them something. Then, fast forward to the Wilks incident and he somehow sees something entirely different. Totally inconsistent and this is why supporters get so hacked off with officials.

Was it not entirely impossible that their player made the most of the JM challenge?

We more often than not seem to get the shitty end of the stick!

big fat yorkshire pudding

• VSC Member
« Reply #20 on October 14, 2018, 10:40:10 am by big fat yorkshire pudding »
I think their guy made a bit of it and it was a tad harsh but if it wasn't given you'd be annoyed if you were them.  The big wrong was not giving a pen on Wilks. Clear as day.

VivaRovers

• Forum Member
« Reply #21 on October 14, 2018, 01:55:06 pm by VivaRovers »
I'm not disputing their penalty for one second, but, when you look where the ball comes in from and the fact JM was in front of their player, there's possibly sufficient reason to cast doubt on any decision, but the referee immediately blew for it. It's as though he couldn't wait to give them something. Then, fast forward to the Wilks incident and he somehow sees something entirely different. Totally inconsistent and this is why supporters get so hacked off with officials.

So you're not disputing their penalty, but are criticising the referee for being certain about it !?!
I feel increasingly sorry for referees, the poor sods can't win.

Wilks incident; looked a penalty to me too, but I was a lot further away from the ref. But that he's given that as a foul to the home team doesn't make him 'inconsistent', these are completely different incidents. In our box, it's one player running across the path of another and being caught before the ball got to either. In theirs, it's two players running side by side for a good number of yards before one goes down. It's not like for like in any sense.

Alan Southstand

• Forum Member
« Reply #22 on October 14, 2018, 03:33:21 pm by Alan Southstand »
Didn't say giving them a foul made him inconsistent!

PDX_Rover

• VSC Member
« Reply #23 on October 14, 2018, 04:58:51 pm by PDX_Rover »
Not convinced the Dale pen was a pen. Wilks one does look a pen from that angle.

VivaRovers

• Forum Member
« Reply #24 on October 14, 2018, 05:38:48 pm by VivaRovers »
Didn't say giving them a foul made him inconsistent!

No, and that's not my point either. I'm saying that you can't label a referee 'inconsistent' because he gave a penalty at one end, but didn't at the other, when the nature of the respective incident was very different.

pib

• Forum Member
« Reply #25 on October 14, 2018, 08:05:49 pm by pib »
I don't normally have a go at referees because I'm usually not arsed and I think they have a difficult job, but the bloke yesterday was diabolical.

RoversAlias

• Forum Member
« Reply #26 on October 14, 2018, 09:34:31 pm by RoversAlias »
Nthle made the most of going over Marquis' foot even if Marquis did foul him.

drfchound

• Forum Member
« Reply #27 on October 14, 2018, 09:43:23 pm by drfchound »
Nthle made the most of going over Marquis' foot even if Marquis did foul him.

To be fair, you can’t blame him for that, trying to gain an advantage for his team.
He isn’t the first to do that and certainly won’t be the last.

Alan Southstand

• Forum Member
« Reply #28 on October 14, 2018, 09:47:10 pm by Alan Southstand »
No, and that's not my point either. I'm saying that you can't label a referee 'inconsistent' because he gave a penalty at one end, but didn't at the other, when the nature of the respective incident was very different.

Fair enough Viva, but I've read today that both manager's agreed that it should have been a penalty on Wilks!

PDX_Rover

• VSC Member
« Reply #29 on October 15, 2018, 09:25:38 pm by PDX_Rover »
Ref was Scott Oldham from Lancashire. What did we expect? Middle names Bury and Rochdale?

TinyPortal © 2005-2012