Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?
April 20, 2024, 05:51:14 am

Login with username, password and session length

Links

FSA logo

Author Topic: Rochdale fans.........we’re not too popular! PART 2  (Read 5607 times)

adamtherover

• Forum Member
Re: Rochdale fans.........we’re not too popular! PART 2
« Reply #30 on October 14, 2018, 08:57:43 pm by adamtherover »
We know who these kids are and as a group they are potentially trouble.
By themselves they probably wouldn’t say boo to a goose.
As a club we shouldn’t want them or tolerate them.
Can they be made.aware to the club, I'm.embarrassed to be associated with such morons.   When a group have gone to the game solely to hurl.abuse at the opposition fans with no regard to the actual game, it's beyond me...  but because of their actions, myself and my lad had to endure a walk of suspense getting safely back to the car..

(want to hide these ads? Join the VSC today!)

bpoolrover

• Forum Member
« Reply #31 on October 14, 2018, 11:08:57 pm by bpoolrover »
There were 3 flares thrown which was wrong, but at most that is 3 people out of that group, I was sat just behind them and apart from that they did nothing wrong inside the ground, you seem intent on saying they all did something wrong which is incorrect

Barmby Rover

• Forum Member
« Reply #32 on October 14, 2018, 11:13:10 pm by Barmby Rover »
A repeat of the Scunny game earlier in the season then? Sounds like the same morons, good grief, I thought everybody carries a camera now, surely not beyond the club to ban these "people" from coming to matches?

dknward2

• VSC Member
« Reply #33 on October 15, 2018, 01:02:27 am by dknward2 »
Bans don’t work if they want to get in a match they will and if someone wants to get a smoke bomb or flare in they will.

Yes if the police see them and if they know they are banned then I’m sure they would get them out of the ground and to the nearest cell, but that’s a lot of ifs.

Unfortunately the world is far too p.c, I’m not asking for public hanging but letting the police and courts use the full extent of the law would be a start

RedJ

• Forum Member
« Reply #34 on October 15, 2018, 09:06:31 am by RedJ »
Unfortunately the world is far too p.c, I’m not asking for public hanging but letting the police and courts use the full extent of the law would be a start

What on earth are you talking about?

Or by that, and "far too p.c", do you mean they're not allowed to just knock f**k out of someone without consequence anymore?

Boomstick

• Forum Member
« Reply #35 on October 15, 2018, 09:24:04 am by Boomstick »
Bloody hell, this has blown completely out of proportion.
I can see the headlines now,
 'group of lads get rowdy at football shocker'
Some folks need to get a grip.
As for calling it major disorder, pathetic wet lettuce.
 :huh:

Maiden square revolution it was certainly not.

sha66y

• Forum Member
« Reply #36 on October 15, 2018, 09:37:38 am by sha66y »
There were 3 flares thrown which was wrong, but at most that is 3 people out of that group, I was sat just behind them and apart from that they did nothing wrong inside the ground, you seem intent on saying they all did something wrong which is incorrect

I think you are missing the point completely..It isn’t the act of setting off a flair that is the main problem....it’s the intent...

These GANGS are not there to watch the football nor marvel at the occasional passages of skill...

They are there to INTIMIDATE, THREATEN, ANTAGONISE, and physically hurt another person....they care little for consequence and are predominantly “ anti-social” and anti-establishment,

My fear is that NICE groups of friends do travel to away games to enjoy the atmosphere and the buzz, without wanting to fight...
And these are the ones that could be targeted by opposing yobs has easy targets for a beating....

I care little if our rats get kicked to pieces....I just don’t want to read about innocent kids getting a beating or even killed because of the few that could potentially “ tar” the rest ....

MachoMadness

• Forum Member
« Reply #37 on October 15, 2018, 11:25:46 am by MachoMadness »
Haven't we been fined before for using flares? Or at least reprimanded? All of the other stuff aside, if you're a fan why would you want us to get fined or worse?

Axholme Lion

• Forum Member
« Reply #38 on October 15, 2018, 11:51:40 am by Axholme Lion »
Bans don’t work if they want to get in a match they will and if someone wants to get a smoke bomb or flare in they will.

Yes if the police see them and if they know they are banned then I’m sure they would get them out of the ground and to the nearest cell, but that’s a lot of ifs.

How about a members only all ticket system for away games?

adamtherover

• Forum Member
« Reply #39 on October 15, 2018, 12:19:32 pm by adamtherover »

I think you are missing the point completely..It isn’t the act of setting off a flair that is the main problem....it’s the intent...

These GANGS are not there to watch the football nor marvel at the occasional passages of skill...

They are there to INTIMIDATE, THREATEN, ANTAGONISE, and physically hurt another person....they care little for consequence and are predominantly “ anti-social” and anti-establishment,

My fear is that NICE groups of friends do travel to away games to enjoy the atmosphere and the buzz, without wanting to fight...
And these are the ones that could be targeted by opposing yobs has easy targets for a beating....

I care little if our rats get kicked to pieces....I just don’t want to read about innocent kids getting a beating or even killed because of the few that could potentially “ tar” the rest ....

exactly...  walking back to the car was a nitemare.... as we were going directly into the stream of oncoming dale fans, many who were on the warpath, my lad had a simple red tracksuit top on, i was dreading any questions sent our way... we just stayed very close to a couple of bobbies walking our way..  Till then ran off chasing the riot van that had just hurtled by!!

Padge_DRFC

• Forum Member
« Reply #40 on October 15, 2018, 02:11:27 pm by Padge_DRFC »

Our attendances are bad enough home and away this season

idler

• VSC Member
« Reply #41 on October 15, 2018, 04:33:38 pm by idler »
Maybe getting rid of a dozen trouble causing idiots might attract fifty sensible fans.

Axholme Lion

• Forum Member
« Reply #42 on October 15, 2018, 04:46:34 pm by Axholme Lion »

Our attendances are bad enough home and away this season

It certainly keeps our crowds down.

Bristol Red Rover

• Forum Member
« Reply #43 on October 15, 2018, 06:17:49 pm by Bristol Red Rover »
How exciting - can't wait for PART 3 of this drama  :woot:

dknward2

• VSC Member
« Reply #44 on October 15, 2018, 07:30:43 pm by dknward2 »

What on earth are you talking about?

Or by that, and "far too p.c", do you mean they're not allowed to just knock f**k out of someone without consequence anymore?

I was taking about banning orders are pointless as they are easy to get around. And about being to p.c I’m talking about the complete opposite of your statement, the consequences for knocking some one out are far to easy going just like bring flares and smoke bombs to a football match, hence police and courts need more power or be able to use it.

Personally I would love the 3 strikes rule from the US

sheffield exile1

• Forum Member
« Reply #45 on October 15, 2018, 07:32:09 pm by sheffield exile1 »
Went into their social club for a pint, then to the chippy across from the away end pre-match. At the final whistle walked back to the coach. Only good memories of the day....never saw any bother....

StocksArmy

• VSC Member
« Reply #46 on October 15, 2018, 11:23:37 pm by StocksArmy »
Took the Mrs to the game and she was on edge the whole way through because of that lot. Practically begged me to stay behind after the game until they had gone.  They had their back to the match the whole game and p!**€d about amongst themselves whilst hurling abuse at opposition fans. I have always wanted more people to come and support our team but if thats what were getting at games then I would rather my own  :turd: than be associated with that lot. Utter morons.

TinyPortal © 2005-2012