Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?
June 01, 2024, 04:17:11 pm

Login with username, password and session length

Links

FSA logo

Author Topic: Taylor hamstrung  (Read 3591 times)

albie

• Forum Member

(want to hide these ads? Join the VSC today!)

steve@dcfd

• Forum Member
Re: Taylor hamstrung
« Reply #1 on November 13, 2018, 05:26:50 pm by steve@dcfd »
Taylor should never had been signed especially for a season, wrong decision by GM he should have got some one better.

the vicar

• Forum Member
« Reply #2 on November 13, 2018, 06:01:07 pm by the vicar »
We all know we would struggle with regards injuries and squad depth

selby

• VSC Member
« Reply #3 on November 13, 2018, 06:12:28 pm by selby »
  One in one out was the statement at the start of the season on transfers, we already had better.

idler

• VSC Member
« Reply #4 on November 13, 2018, 08:06:59 pm by idler »
My physio is a Bradford City fan and she said Taylor was/is a great player to bring on or play for ten minutes. Not good enough fitness wise to play long stretches.

selby

• VSC Member
« Reply #5 on November 13, 2018, 09:25:49 pm by selby »
  That was 2 seasons ago, it is much shorter now.

steve@dcfd

• Forum Member
« Reply #6 on November 13, 2018, 10:08:19 pm by steve@dcfd »
My physio is a Bradford City fan and she said Taylor was/is a great player to bring on or play for ten minutes. Not good enough fitness wise to play long stretches.
That’s what he is  like now so why o why did  GM sign Tayls if his judgement was wrong on a player he knows very well, can he be trusted with more funds to get better players time will tell.

selby

• VSC Member
« Reply #7 on November 13, 2018, 10:16:09 pm by selby »
  Steve, all I am going to answer that with is, he signed Kane

Chris Black come back

• Forum Member
« Reply #8 on November 13, 2018, 10:24:35 pm by Chris Black come back »
Taylor reminds me of slightly more mobile Robbie Blake.

steve@dcfd

• Forum Member
« Reply #9 on November 14, 2018, 08:48:31 am by steve@dcfd »
  Steve, all I am going to answer that with is, he signed Kane

Yes the one bright shining light of the season so far pity he is not ours. But he is the best loan signing we have signed as a club for years. It appears when it comes to signing players at the club whether young or old the chaff out number the gems.

drfchound

• Forum Member
« Reply #10 on November 14, 2018, 09:02:28 am by drfchound »
.........that could be because the majority of loan signings have been young players and they are generally inconsistent in their performances.

RoversAlias

• Forum Member
« Reply #11 on November 14, 2018, 09:03:35 am by RoversAlias »
How many clubs sign 90% gems like? Law of averages suggest every club will sign it's fair share of average or worse players.

selby

• VSC Member
« Reply #12 on November 14, 2018, 10:01:02 am by selby »
 The signings he has made, apart from Taylor, on loan and permanent,Anderson, Crawford, Wilks, are all better players than such as Beestin and Ben Khemis and other Fringe players given contracts previously.
  Taylor has been a complete let down, but out of his signings the only one, and Kane must be in the running to be the best loan signing in the football league this season.

NickDRFC

• Forum Member
« Reply #13 on November 14, 2018, 12:44:06 pm by NickDRFC »
The signings he has made, apart from Taylor, on loan and permanent,Anderson, Crawford, Wilks, are all better players than such as Beestin and Ben Khemis and other Fringe players given contracts previously.
  Taylor has been a complete let down, but out of his signings the only one, and Kane must be in the running to be the best loan signing in the football league this season.

Comparing Taylor and Anderson - Taylor came on against Gillingham and scored the equaliser Anderson came on against Rochdale and scored what turned out to be the winner. Other than that neither has broken into the side and they’ve both made mostly sub appearances - I’ve not seen a lot of games but Taylor has generally been bright and Anderson disappointing when I’ve seen them come on. So I’d be interested to hear why one has been a complete let down and the other not.

steve@dcfd

• Forum Member
« Reply #14 on November 14, 2018, 01:16:26 pm by steve@dcfd »

Selby you are right. All came from league football whether Scotland or England to be part of the first team so they should be better. The Background of the other fringe players are they came from lower non league football or our academy, all ones for the future when signed. Blaney and Watters were brought in for our club to develop along with Academy players. Beestin was progressing in league 2 but this season as yet has not kicked on. Even Alfie May as not scored enough goals when given the chance yet he was playing in a league in the 7th tier. They were all risk signings at the time.

Wilks is the best second striker at the club at the moment yet he still is not good enough his development in the first team as stalled.
Crawford and Anderson have failed to get a consistent first midfield berth even with Tommy Rowe injured.
Back to Taylor he’s looks easy on the eye when given a chance but in all the games I’ve seen him play including development games his fitness and stamina have been in question. “He was going to take this league apart” no he’s not. He was not a young player he was a risk signing whether he will ever show his worth this season we’ll have wait and see when he recovers in the new year.
« Last Edit: November 14, 2018, 02:23:51 pm by steve@dcfd »

selby

• VSC Member
« Reply #15 on November 14, 2018, 04:36:07 pm by selby »
  Anderson's best game was at Walsall when he came on and looked very good, when crawford has played he has tried to play the positive ball forward, and looks like a player given a run, and played just behind the front two would set them away.

The Red Baron

• VSC Member
« Reply #16 on November 14, 2018, 04:41:21 pm by The Red Baron »
  Anderson's best game was at Walsall when he came on and looked very good, when crawford has played he has tried to play the positive ball forward, and looks like a player given a run, and played just behind the front two would set them away.

The problem we have with Crawford is that his best position is the one that Coppinger plays, and plays very well.

Tonight is an opportunity for Crawford to step into the master's shoes.

GazLaz

• Forum Member
« Reply #17 on November 14, 2018, 04:57:39 pm by GazLaz »

The problem we have with Crawford is that his best position is the one that Coppinger plays, and plays very well.

Tonight is an opportunity for Crawford to step into the master's shoes.

I don’t think it is John. I don’t think they are the same kind of player. Crawford is more a box to box man for me. A bit like Barry Bannan.

scawsby steve

• Forum Member
« Reply #18 on November 14, 2018, 05:11:34 pm by scawsby steve »
One thing's for sure, without significant recruitment in January we won't be making the play-offs, and then there'll be a massive clear-out in the summer.

selby

• VSC Member
« Reply #19 on November 15, 2018, 06:36:07 pm by selby »
 Crawford was one of a few successes last night, and when Anderson was substituted played more central and deeper, that is when he was dictating play, spreading the ball about well short and long, He is and can be a very important player for us, if he gets a run and can stay clear of injury.

NickDRFC

• Forum Member
« Reply #20 on November 15, 2018, 10:26:34 pm by NickDRFC »

Comparing Taylor and Anderson - Taylor came on against Gillingham and scored the equaliser Anderson came on against Rochdale and scored what turned out to be the winner. Other than that neither has broken into the side and they’ve both made mostly sub appearances - I’ve not seen a lot of games but Taylor has generally been bright and Anderson disappointing when I’ve seen them come on. So I’d be interested to hear why one has been a complete let down and the other not.

Hi Selby, you’ve obviously read this - could you tell me why Taylor has been such a let down and Anderson not, particularly in light of what happened last night?

selby

• VSC Member
« Reply #21 on November 16, 2018, 09:26:04 am by selby »
   I don't think it is a matter of ability with Anderson( and both have been a disappointment), but he is coming off two career changing injuries, and was about to get a big transfer for big money before the injuries.
   I think we have been used to get him fit by Peterborough, He has had months of training at our expense, and last night it was obvious that he was playing not to get injured, and with Peterborough stopping him being cup tied, him going back and hitting the ground running is not beyond the realms of possibility with Fry and Evans, I would not play droughts with them.
   Both players have ability, Taylor with his history both in the past and not so long ago off the field, I would not have touched with a barge pole, and has not played that many games over a long career, and certainly has fitness problems as well. Like Blake we have been used as a last hurrah by someone who  can't do it consistently, or for any length of time anymore.
   What do you think? I think in both instances the managers time factor being here as the season approached quickly, he thought the two players he knew being probably cheap and available ended up with two better players, and one definitely who plays and covers  positions we are short in leaving to our cost.
   Nick, Before last night's game and thinking he does not want to play or be here, Anderson , like Crawford apart from in preseason had not had much of a chance, we were playing well and making changes were few and far between, most on here knew, when injuries arrived or lack of form we would struggle because of lack of class and experience. I take no pleasure in the fact that Taylor has  been poor, but I did expect it. Anderson I can't get the feeling out of my head that Fry and Evans have screwed us over, which may become apparent later in the season, if he goes back to Peterborough.

TinyPortal © 2005-2012