Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?
June 16, 2024, 02:48:43 am

Login with username, password and session length

Links

FSA logo

Author Topic: Dunk  (Read 2519 times)

Chris Black come back

• Forum Member
Dunk
« on November 15, 2018, 09:11:33 pm by Chris Black come back »
Playing (and starting) tonight for England - admittedly in a joke game.

(want to hide these ads? Join the VSC today!)

The Red Baron

• VSC Member
Re: Dunk
« Reply #1 on November 15, 2018, 09:31:08 pm by The Red Baron »
I do find it quite ironic that the fiancée of our current centre forward is Lewis Dunk's sister.

Chris Black come back

• Forum Member
« Reply #2 on November 15, 2018, 09:32:35 pm by Chris Black come back »
Well, Dunk certainly f**ked over a previous centre forward.

NickDRFC

• Forum Member
« Reply #3 on November 15, 2018, 10:23:46 pm by NickDRFC »
I do find it quite ironic that the fiancée of our current centre forward is Lewis Dunk's sister.

Why’s that ironic?

Draytonian III

• VSC Member
« Reply #4 on November 15, 2018, 10:55:51 pm by Draytonian III »
It’s a pity that internet,social media etc wasn’t about in the Richardson era, I know Dunk committed a terrible foul on Billy Sharp and maybe we got relegated because of it ,but what about the Accrington Stanley player who all but ended Sean Mcdaid’s career.
 Things have to be put into perspective

Drover

• Forum Member
« Reply #5 on November 15, 2018, 11:15:59 pm by Drover »
It’s a pity that internet,social media etc wasn’t about in the Richardson era, I know Dunk committed a terrible foul on Billy Sharp and maybe we got relegated because of it ,but what about the Accrington Stanley player who all but ended Sean Mcdaid’s career.

If it was,he would still have got caught,by snapchat or messenger intead of a text to the ex sas man.  :silly:

Colemans Left Hook

• Forum Member
« Reply #6 on November 16, 2018, 01:39:55 am by Colemans Left Hook »
Playing (and starting) tonight for England - admittedly in a joke game.
[/quote

it would be if he ever signed for Reading (think about it)

:chair: :chair: :chair:

The Red Baron

• VSC Member
« Reply #7 on November 16, 2018, 08:20:22 am by The Red Baron »

Before this particular myth becomes established fact some clarification is needed.

Sean McDaid was injured by a bad tackle in a JPT game in December 2006. He was out for a while but was a regular member of the squad in 2007-08. Just before the end of the season he dislocated his knee in a practice match. It kept him out of the next couple of seasons and then he moved to Carlisle United.

It was while at Carlisle that a serious problem was found with his other knee, not the one he dislocated, and he retired on medical advice.

It was a shocking challenge and a red card should have been shown, as in the case of Dunk, but it wasn't a career ending one.

Donnyjim

• VSC Member
« Reply #8 on November 16, 2018, 08:39:58 am by Donnyjim »
let's face it Billy Sharp has not looked back since lol

Chris Black come back

• Forum Member
« Reply #9 on November 16, 2018, 09:03:46 am by Chris Black come back »
Nah. He is finished. Will never get to double figures in Championship. Excluding penalties. Excluding goals scored with his feet or head. Excluding goals scored away. Excluding goals scored at home. Excluding goals scored by him.

Done. Over hill. Finished.

RoversAlias

• Forum Member
« Reply #10 on November 16, 2018, 12:25:14 pm by RoversAlias »
Sounds like Dunk played well and he deserves his call-up, been very good for Brighton this season. Hope he continues to kick on, England need more solid centre halves.

NickDRFC

• Forum Member
« Reply #11 on November 16, 2018, 12:56:30 pm by NickDRFC »

Sounds like Dunk played well and he deserves his call-up, been very good for Brighton this season. Hope he continues to kick on, England need more solid centre halves.

I’d be interested to see where you’ve read or heard that - I thought he didn’t look up to scratch, even against weak opposition. Nearly gifted them a goal and was generally pretty careless in possession. He’s some way down the pecking order for me.

GazLaz

• Forum Member
« Reply #12 on November 16, 2018, 01:27:48 pm by GazLaz »

Stones is world class and Gomez and Maguire are exceptional. Lewis Dunk is a selling plater.

RoversAlias

• Forum Member
« Reply #13 on November 16, 2018, 02:35:21 pm by RoversAlias »
It doesn't hurt to have options. I forgot about Gomez to be honest but I am a big fan of Maguire and have defended Stones for a long time, he's clearly going to be the defensive anchor for England for years to come.

elmsallrover

• Forum Member
« Reply #14 on November 16, 2018, 08:00:38 pm by elmsallrover »
Let it lie...

TinyPortal © 2005-2012