Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?
June 01, 2024, 05:26:19 pm

Login with username, password and session length

Links

FSA logo

Author Topic: Nations league....  (Read 2276 times)

adamtherover

• Forum Member
Nations league....
« on November 19, 2018, 10:50:42 pm by adamtherover »
Surely we have a decent chance of winning now?   

France and Belgium both knocked out in the last minute..

Us, Swiss,. Dutch and Ronaldo...  place your bets..

(want to hide these ads? Join the VSC today!)

RedJ

• Forum Member
Re: Nations league....
« Reply #1 on November 19, 2018, 10:54:52 pm by RedJ »
I reckon we can do it.

I've really enjoyed the competition, not just from an England perspective.

GazLaz

• Forum Member
« Reply #2 on November 20, 2018, 06:15:43 am by GazLaz »
We are clear favourites to win it now.

NickDRFC

• Forum Member
« Reply #3 on November 20, 2018, 07:07:17 am by NickDRFC »

11/5 vs Portugal’s 23/10. Slender favourites.

GazLaz

• Forum Member
« Reply #4 on November 20, 2018, 07:12:51 am by GazLaz »

11/5 vs Portugal’s 23/10. Slender favourites.

That’s a shocking price for Portugal. They are shit. We are clear favourites.

DonnyOsmond

• Forum Member
« Reply #5 on November 20, 2018, 09:08:29 am by DonnyOsmond »
Netherlands won't be mugs, having topped a group with the world champions.

NickDRFC

• Forum Member
« Reply #6 on November 20, 2018, 09:28:16 am by NickDRFC »

I'm amazed at the Netherlands' results. They're starting with Ryan Babel up front FFS!

wing commander

• Forum Member
« Reply #7 on November 20, 2018, 10:16:42 am by wing commander »
   I've got to be honest, I only really watch England at major championships,years and years of watching hugely overrated idiots pretend that they were world class killed my interest in it..Does this competition have any knock on benefits or is it just treated as a mickey mouse thing like le tournoi was,I also read that Germany has been relegated but where too??

DonnyOsmond

• Forum Member
« Reply #8 on November 20, 2018, 10:17:26 am by DonnyOsmond »

I'm amazed at the Netherlands' results. They're starting with Ryan Babel up front FFS!

Koeman has them doing alright and with a few young players coming through like de Ligt and de Jong the future might be looking a bit brighter, along with van Dijk being solid at the back.

RedJ

• Forum Member
« Reply #9 on November 20, 2018, 10:27:21 am by RedJ »
   I've got to be honest, I only really watch England at major championships,years and years of watching hugely overrated idiots pretend that they were world class killed my interest in it..Does this competition have any knock on benefits or is it just treated as a mickey mouse thing like le tournoi was,I also read that Germany has been relegated but where too??
Gives the smaller countries a chance at actually winning games and I'm not sure how but it gives some of them a playoff ticket for Euro 2020 if they don't qualify through the group.

I think it's a good idea especially for the likes of Andorra who now have a chance of getting a draw or even occasional win rather than getting arseholed every international break.

dickos1

• VSC Member
« Reply #10 on November 20, 2018, 10:44:17 am by dickos1 »
Whoever finishes top of nations league group automatically goes into the playoffs for euro2020 as a safety net if they don’t qualify via the usual method.
Ie if Scotland win tonight there’ll be guarded a play off place.
The playoffs will be played by teams at each lever so there’ll be a team from the bottom level in the euros

MachoMadness

• Forum Member
« Reply #11 on November 20, 2018, 10:51:26 am by MachoMadness »
I imagine all the teams will be thinking the same thing. Switzerland rinsing Belgium like that shows they're no pushovers. Same with Holland topping their group.

BigKeif

• Forum Member
« Reply #12 on November 20, 2018, 11:13:49 am by BigKeif »
I like it me, all the top teams having to play each other in a genuine competition rather than in a meaningless friendly. It’ll make us better I think.

drfchound

• Forum Member
« Reply #13 on November 20, 2018, 11:18:37 am by drfchound »

This is exactly what I said on the Raheem Sterling thread.
Irrespective of how well England have done, and topping a group that also had Croatia and Spain in it, still doesn’t get the credit it deserves.
Some people will say that the big teams aren’t really bothered about it.
« Last Edit: November 20, 2018, 11:20:42 am by drfchound »

DonnyBazR0ver

• VSC Member
« Reply #14 on November 20, 2018, 12:40:51 pm by DonnyBazR0ver »
The good thing is the big teams have taken it seriously and it has become meaningful. It's just what we needed really, especially for the emerging talent and a chance for us to learn how to deal with knock out football better.

Southgate was partly responsible for not being brave and making subs early enough when we got beat by Croatia in the world Cup. He was more positive this time around and it paid off.

We have a great crop of talent at the moment and it looks like we can start to realise our potential against the top nations.

selby

• VSC Member
« Reply #15 on November 20, 2018, 12:46:29 pm by selby »
  Watching the Croatia and Spain games Hound, they looked bothered about it, and after people saying  we were lucky with the draw in the world cup,qualifying out of that group, and the away performances to do so, shows we should be considered  a top group international side.

drfchound

• Forum Member
« Reply #16 on November 20, 2018, 01:21:04 pm by drfchound »
  Watching the Croatia and Spain games Hound, they looked bothered about it, and after people saying  we were lucky with the draw in the world cup,qualifying out of that group, and the away performances to do so, shows we should be considered  a top group international side.

Agreed selby.
However as I said, there are still people who degrade the National team and try to find excuses for the opposition when we beat them.

RoversAlias

• Forum Member
« Reply #17 on November 20, 2018, 05:33:54 pm by RoversAlias »

Agreed selby.
However as I said, there are still people who degrade the National team and try to find excuses for the opposition when we beat them.

Those people will find something to moan about even if we win the World Cup, beating Germany 8-0 in the final. The nature of people is, there's always someone not satisfied.

RedJ

• Forum Member
« Reply #18 on November 27, 2018, 11:03:22 pm by RedJ »
What in Christ's name are you on about?

TinyPortal © 2005-2012