Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?
May 23, 2024, 11:29:33 pm

Login with username, password and session length

Links

FSA logo

Author Topic: Stocky  (Read 2176 times)

glosterred

• VSC Member
Stocky
« on December 19, 2018, 03:32:22 pm by glosterred »
Has announced his retirement from playing football to take up a coaching role with Bournemouth

END OF AN ERA - Hawks skipper Brian Stock (@Stocky_22) has announced his retirement from playing in January to take up a coaching role with AFC Bournemouth

#ThankYouSkip #COYH

COYR

(want to hide these ads? Join the VSC today!)

drfchound

• Forum Member
Re: Stocky
« Reply #1 on December 19, 2018, 04:00:51 pm by drfchound »
Stocky was a fine player.
I really enjoyed watching him as a Rovers player.

RoversAlias

• Forum Member
« Reply #2 on December 19, 2018, 04:28:34 pm by RoversAlias »
What a fantastic opportunity for him, starting his coaching career at a Premier League club, and one with a strong footballing philosophy too.

He was such a great player, I think it's clear he could still have been playing at a decent level these last few years but I presume playing for Havant allowed him to be as close to home as possible and allowed him to pursue non-footballing business interests at the same time.

Bezza

• Forum Member
« Reply #3 on December 19, 2018, 04:42:50 pm by Bezza »
All the best Stocky , top player for us

Draytonian III

• VSC Member
« Reply #4 on December 19, 2018, 05:16:09 pm by Draytonian III »
Stocky is either related to Eddie Howe or was his best man I can’t remember which it is

Campsall rover

• Forum Member
« Reply #5 on December 19, 2018, 05:40:11 pm by Campsall rover »
All the best to him. Top player for us as part of the best midfield i have ever seen at Rovers.

NickDRFC

• Forum Member
« Reply #6 on December 19, 2018, 05:47:40 pm by NickDRFC »
Stocky is either related to Eddie Howe or was his best man I can’t remember which it is

Hadn’t heard either of those but they would have played together at Bournemouth and I think Howe signed him for Burnley so obviously knows him/is a fan.

Absolutely loved Stock as a player - his passing range was exceptional and he still put himself about for someone who looked so relaxed whilst playing.

JBRover

• Forum Member
« Reply #7 on December 19, 2018, 08:21:37 pm by JBRover »
And what a great penalty taker for us, don't think he ever missed one and always as cool as a cucumber. Scored some fabulous goals from distance too, the one against forest  (I think) hit the net like a missile. Great player for Rovers 👍

drfchound

• Forum Member
« Reply #8 on December 19, 2018, 08:32:59 pm by drfchound »
The way he waited for the keeper to dive and then he rolled that pen in against Southend was coolness personified.

Branton Rover

• VSC Member
« Reply #9 on December 19, 2018, 08:40:32 pm by Branton Rover »
Top top lad he contacted me direct after my mam died he was a special player for us & lead the team with distinction as a Captain - he put his body on the line many times for us when he probably shouldn’t have played but did so anyway - I can’t remember the circumstances but I somehow found myself in Stocky’s parents house in Hatfield

BillyStubbsTears

• VSC Member
« Reply #10 on December 19, 2018, 09:31:11 pm by BillyStubbsTears »
Got to admit, I didn't see his talent when he first joined. I was blinded by the frustration of our dire early performances under O'Driscoll, and wanted shut of both of them.

Shows what I know. One of our all time greats. The best player in our 2nd or 3rd best side of all time.

Lesonthewest

• VSC Member
« Reply #11 on December 19, 2018, 09:42:05 pm by Lesonthewest »
Brilliant player, THE best passer of a football I have ever seen in a Rovers shirt, his intelligence & vision was second to none, an absolute pleasure to watch. Best of luck to him in his new role.

Herbert Anchovy

• Forum Member
« Reply #12 on December 19, 2018, 10:02:52 pm by Herbert Anchovy »
An absolutely top player for us. Great player, great skipper, great fella

DonnyBazR0ver

• VSC Member
« Reply #13 on December 19, 2018, 10:21:31 pm by DonnyBazR0ver »
Always seem to stroll through a game, caressing the ball long or short with little effort!

Chris Black come back

• Forum Member
« Reply #14 on December 19, 2018, 10:28:29 pm by Chris Black come back »
Always seem to stroll through a game, caressing the ball long or short with little effort!

Just like John Sheridan.

Sorry. I thought that was “effect” rather than “effort”.

rover-n-out

• Forum Member
« Reply #15 on December 20, 2018, 12:18:40 am by rover-n-out »
Thanks for everything you brought to the Rovers Stocky, good luck and good health in your new role. It was a pleasure to witness your talent in a Rovers shirt.

TinyPortal © 2005-2012