Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?
May 29, 2024, 11:41:00 am

Login with username, password and session length

Links

FSA logo

Author Topic: Statler and Waldorf  (Read 2847 times)

belton rover

• Forum Member
Statler and Waldorf
« on January 01, 2019, 06:52:35 pm by belton rover »
I’ve read a lot on here recently about our minority young idiot ‘fans’ bringing shame and embarrassment to the club. If only it was just those who don’t know better.

Sat behind my daughter and I today were a pair of the most foul mouthed, arrogant, ignorant old men (must have been 60+) I have ever had to listen to in 40 years of watching. The one thing to commend on was there total lack of discrimination: they were vile to Rochdale players, the Referee and his assistants and many of our players (particularly Ali Crawford) who was ‘useless’ for most of the match.
Wilks was ‘a f**king idiot’ for not shooting, and then ‘a greedy bas**rd’ for shooting.
Crawford was ‘f**king useless rubbish’, a ‘f**king clueless Kitson’, and had ‘no f**king idea’ - until he was ‘f**king brilliant’ after his goal.
Lawlor, apparently, is a ‘f**king idiot’ every time he kicks the ball.
The ref and the linesmen were ‘total f**king idiots’ every time any decision was ever made.
Waldorf could whistle really loudly as well - just in case no one could hear their constant vile outbursts.
I honestly think they were disappointed when Crawford scored.
How can people be so angry, and feel it is acceptable to behave in such a vile way?
Shame on you, whoever you are.
« Last Edit: January 01, 2019, 06:59:12 pm by belton rover »

(want to hide these ads? Join the VSC today!)

drfchound

• Forum Member
Re: Statler and Waldorf
« Reply #1 on January 01, 2019, 06:54:38 pm by drfchound »
Where do you sit mate.

RedJ

• Forum Member
« Reply #2 on January 01, 2019, 06:55:06 pm by RedJ »
f**king clowns.

POD

• Forum Member
« Reply #3 on January 01, 2019, 07:01:00 pm by POD »
Where do you sit mate.
I noticed on the scoreboard today that there is a number you can text during the match if anyone displays anti-social behaviour.  You just give the block, row and seat number of the offenders and presumably someone from the club(senior steward perhaps)will come and investigate.  This sounds to me like anti-social behaviour (others may disagree)? and if you are in the same position next match, this may be worth considering, as it clearly spoiled your enjoyment of the match.

belton rover

• Forum Member
« Reply #4 on January 01, 2019, 07:03:48 pm by belton rover »
Where do you sit mate.
South Stand, so not usually around the same people twice. Today we were about 5 rows from the top, just about in line with the left hand 18 yard line.

adamtherover

• Forum Member
« Reply #5 on January 01, 2019, 07:07:01 pm by adamtherover »
We used to sit very near there mate, there was always a group of 3.or 4 let's say angry gentlemen.   We just moved in the end! 

Chris Black come back

• Forum Member
« Reply #6 on January 01, 2019, 07:19:43 pm by Chris Black come back »
Gammon.

foxbat

• VSC Member
« Reply #7 on January 01, 2019, 07:22:42 pm by foxbat »
classic Brexit supporters as well.

Move DRFC

• Forum Member
« Reply #8 on January 01, 2019, 07:27:30 pm by Move DRFC »
Get the miserable old bas**rds out of our club

The Mighty Brian Rowe

• VSC Member
« Reply #9 on January 01, 2019, 07:31:14 pm by The Mighty Brian Rowe »
Where do you sit mate.
South Stand, so not usually around the same people twice. Today we were about 5 rows from the top, just about in line with the left hand 18 yard line.
I was sat a couple of seats away from them with my daughter, a few rows behind Saturday Santa.
As you say, both vile but one much worse than the other. Nearly moved at half time but couldn't be arsed in the end.
2 prime cuts of British Gammon

Sent from my SM-G935F using Tapatalk

esdailles left foot

• Forum Member
« Reply #10 on January 01, 2019, 07:31:31 pm by esdailles left foot »
Few old guys who sit behind me usually moan about nowt. Even they were quiet today.

belton rover

• Forum Member
« Reply #11 on January 01, 2019, 08:16:28 pm by belton rover »
I was close to asking them exactly why they came to games. They were the ultimate ‘Old Gits’ with all the humour missing. Not being very confrontational, the best I could do was turn to them as the announcer declared Crawford as the scorer of the brilliant free kick, and shouted ‘bloody rubbish’. They left Crawford alone then and moved on to Wilks.

drfchound

• Forum Member
« Reply #12 on January 01, 2019, 08:17:53 pm by drfchound »
I was close to asking them exactly why they came to games. They were the ultimate ‘Old Gits’ with all the humour missing. Not being very confrontational, the best I could do was turn to them as the announcer declared Crawford as the scorer of the brilliant free kick, and shouted ‘bloody rubbish’. They left Crawford alone then and moved on to Wilks.

.........Wilks, who was outstanding today.

belton rover

• Forum Member
« Reply #13 on January 01, 2019, 08:19:29 pm by belton rover »
Where do you sit mate.
I was sat a couple of seats away from them with my daughter, a few rows behind Saturday Santa.
As you say, both vile but one much worse than the other. Nearly moved at half time but couldn't be arsed in the end.
2 prime cuts of British Gammon

We must have been very close - Satdi was about 3 rows below us.

The Mighty Brian Rowe

• VSC Member
« Reply #14 on January 01, 2019, 08:20:14 pm by The Mighty Brian Rowe »
I think you were maybe sat directly in front of us Belton.
I was tempted a few times to say something but like you I'm not confrontational. I suspect there were lots in the same situation.

drfcbenny625

• Forum Member
« Reply #15 on January 01, 2019, 08:30:15 pm by drfcbenny625 »
I thought we were brilliant today. The old blokes behind me thought Marquis was greedy, Kane was too cocky and Blair shouldn’t have made that last ditch tackle because he might have been sent off. It would have been funny if it wasn’t so annoying.

arkseyrover

• Forum Member
« Reply #16 on January 01, 2019, 08:32:02 pm by arkseyrover »
That's a really good idea having the number to contact when there are pillocks like them around. Perhaps it should be more prominently displayed throughout the game.

RoversAlias

• Forum Member
« Reply #17 on January 01, 2019, 08:56:16 pm by RoversAlias »
I came away from the ground today convinced I had seen one of the best performances by Rovers in 20 years of going. How on earth ANYONE can watch that and have things to complain about is beyond me. What on earth are they watching? Wilks was top, top class today and so was Crawford. They were our two best players and actually, all 11 performed really really well.

I despair at some of the imbeciles who support Rovers sometimes.

IDM

• VSC Member
« Reply #18 on January 01, 2019, 08:59:55 pm by IDM »
If they fell in a barrel of tits, they would come out sucking their thumbs..

roversdude

• VSC Member
« Reply #19 on January 02, 2019, 12:07:22 pm by roversdude »
Why should you have to move though, it’s Neanderthals like that, that should be moved (away from KMS)

Albert Trousers

• Forum Member
« Reply #20 on January 02, 2019, 01:42:55 pm by Albert Trousers »
Anyone else hear the Scottish, giving abuse to their keeper throughout the 1st half 😂😂

TinyPortal © 2005-2012