Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?
June 10, 2024, 09:44:02 am

Login with username, password and session length

Links

FSA logo

Author Topic: Foodbank  (Read 2028 times)

raithy

• VSC Member
Foodbank
« on January 18, 2019, 02:22:01 pm by raithy »
Does anyone know if the foodbank is available this Saturday, before the Burton game.                     

(want to hide these ads? Join the VSC today!)

silent majority

• VSC Member
Re: Foodbank
« Reply #1 on January 18, 2019, 03:39:59 pm by silent majority »
Does anyone know if the foodbank is available this Saturday, before the Burton game.                     

Yes it is, the usual spot.

Jimmydee

• VSC Member
« Reply #2 on January 18, 2019, 10:37:55 pm by Jimmydee »
Some people have to decide to heat or eat, our foodbank donations can help toward the eat and allowing the extra luxury for them to keep warm.

Belle View

« Reply #3 on January 19, 2019, 06:06:44 pm by Belle View »
Hi, I have a couple of bags of Food etc I would like to bring along to the Oldham game. Can you please confirm whereabouts they stand and if it is possible to bring my car in so I don't have to carry the bags from my usual parking (about a mile away). I had a look today before the game but could not see anyone - it was however almost KO time though so they may have packed up. Thanks for any info.

Jimmydee

• VSC Member
« Reply #4 on January 19, 2019, 06:51:44 pm by Jimmydee »
I pack up to go to my seat 15 minutes before kick off.
If you go to car park 2 and inform  the security stewards that you are dropping off your food donation then go around the stadium to us near the Belle Vue bar and I/we will get them for you.
Thank you.

Jimmydee

• VSC Member
« Reply #5 on January 19, 2019, 06:53:30 pm by Jimmydee »
I’m usually there for 1.30pm

Alexdrfc

« Reply #6 on January 19, 2019, 07:10:27 pm by Alexdrfc »
I got there at about 2.50 with a couple of bags and the food bank had gone however they took them in the club shop which was good

Jimmydee

• VSC Member
« Reply #7 on January 19, 2019, 08:58:47 pm by Jimmydee »
We store the food at the storage area at the back of the club shop until it is collected by the Trussell trust on a Tuesday.

Monkcaster_Rover

• VSC Member
« Reply #8 on January 19, 2019, 10:58:59 pm by Monkcaster_Rover »
Thank you all for your contributions. Don't get to as many home games as I like but my local coop has a deposit we're able to drop bits in.

Well done all.

Belle View

« Reply #9 on January 20, 2019, 10:43:32 am by Belle View »
Thanks Jimmydee - Ill see you on Saturday.

Jimmydee

• VSC Member
« Reply #10 on January 24, 2019, 08:10:48 pm by Jimmydee »
We’re getting noticed now, Lidl have just given us a lot of (in date) surplus Christmas goodies that’s been passed onto the DN7 foodbank at Stainforth.
Bring your surplus on Saturday and we will pass it on.

Drover

• Forum Member
« Reply #11 on January 24, 2019, 08:37:18 pm by Drover »
Hi,Is the foodbank there before the Oldham game?I've got some to donate.

Ignore that,I've just realised Belle vue's post was about the Oldham game(not Burton).We will drop it off. :thumbsup:
« Last Edit: January 24, 2019, 08:39:50 pm by Drover »

Colin C No.3

• VSC Member
« Reply #12 on January 24, 2019, 08:43:40 pm by Colin C No.3 »
You're doing a fantastic job there jimmydee but I have to say, what a sad reflection on society & more in more particular the state, that people find themselves in such a position as to have to queue up for donated food & essentials.

All members of parliament, those now sitting & those yet to be elected, should be made to sit down & watch Ken Loachs' film 'I, Daniel Blake'.

Jimmydee

• VSC Member
« Reply #13 on January 24, 2019, 09:08:56 pm by Jimmydee »
Everything has taken a back seat till Brexit is sorted, austerity and the universal credit isn’t News anymore.
Yes, the , I Daniel Blake film had inspired me to get involved and do the collection at the Keepmoat., and yes, it’s a shame that we have to help young families that are left with nothing in their cupboards.

roversdude

• VSC Member
« Reply #14 on January 25, 2019, 03:25:13 pm by roversdude »
JimmyDee I used to work with a homeless charity in Nottingham- they used to get unsold chicken from KFC and Nando’s. Don’t know if that would be any good to you guys !

Jimmydee

• VSC Member
« Reply #15 on January 25, 2019, 06:14:26 pm by Jimmydee »
Sorry, we don’t deal with fresh perishable food, I’m sure that there is a food kitchen for the homeless in Doncaster and a charity cafe that makes affordable meals for people on low income.
I could research for more information and a contact if it is required.

Jimmydee

• VSC Member
« Reply #16 on January 25, 2019, 06:26:36 pm by Jimmydee »
There is the Guru Naneks free kitchen and the Bread of Life  Breakfast Service in Doncaster, I have the links for them.

Jimmydee

• VSC Member
« Reply #17 on January 26, 2019, 10:28:13 am by Jimmydee »
According to another post, the BBC outside broadcast wagons are at the ground and have probably nicked our collection place so I will get as near as I can and will probably be hidden from normal view.
Just in case of any of the above posters are looking for us.

raithy

• VSC Member
« Reply #18 on February 08, 2019, 07:37:48 pm by raithy »
Would dog food and treats be of any use to the food bank collectors?
The reason I ask, our dog had to be put to sleep today and we have treats & food going spare, of course we can take it to our local dog rescue centre but just wondered that maybe the people that unfortunately have to use the food bank may also have a dog that would benefit from the surplus food.

Jimmydee

• VSC Member
« Reply #19 on February 08, 2019, 09:52:21 pm by Jimmydee »
Yes please, Raithy, I'm sorry about your loss.
Some people that rely on the foodbanks have only got a pet as company for them, I always put in dog and cat food as well as the usual food that I buy for my donation.
I've had to fight off Donny Dog a few times from nicking them from my collection box pre match.

TinyPortal © 2005-2012