Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?
May 23, 2024, 09:33:55 pm

Login with username, password and session length

Links

FSA logo

Author Topic: Match Officials  (Read 2221 times)

POD

• Forum Member
Match Officials
« on January 19, 2019, 05:47:14 pm by POD »
Terrible performance today. I was sat in the West Stand between halfway and the South Stand and have the following observations.
1) why was the penalty given and then cancelled in the first half?
2) the referee and west stand linesman missed two tip overs by the Burton Keeper in the second half, giving a goal kick both times.
3) the west stand linesman failed to flag for any infringements, except one to Burton in the second half.  On one occasion, the Burton player had Smith’s shirt right the way up his back and he failed to flag despite looking right at it.
4) worst of all, the west stand linesman was never up with play when the ball was played forward and consequently he never gave offside.  He allowed the Burton attack to run offside several times in the first half because he was five yards behind play.  In the second half he was equally bad, but in Rovers favour.  Marquis was offside when he ran clear and shot over and Smith was offside for his second goal.

With all that said, it made for a very entertaining game and although a draw was disappointing it was just about the right result. 

(want to hide these ads? Join the VSC today!)

stuey

• Forum Member
Re: Match Officials
« Reply #1 on January 19, 2019, 05:51:48 pm by stuey »
1) He got that spot on eventually. I said as soon as the pen was given I thought Tommy Rowe handballed it.

Totally agree with all your other points though, especially number 2, unbelievable.

Chris Black come back

• Forum Member
« Reply #2 on January 19, 2019, 05:54:56 pm by Chris Black come back »
Total bunch of cowboys. All of them making it up as they went along. About as bad as it gets in terms of basic competence.

Peebles Rover

• Forum Member
« Reply #3 on January 19, 2019, 06:07:25 pm by Peebles Rover »
Should their first goal have counted? Suggestions of high boot on the commentary.

drfchound

• Forum Member
« Reply #4 on January 19, 2019, 06:08:03 pm by drfchound »
Total bunch of cowboys. All of them making it up as they went along. About as bad as it gets in terms of basic competence.

As sad as it sounds, we could say the same every week.

Arsenal Of The North

• Forum Member
« Reply #5 on January 19, 2019, 06:08:21 pm by Arsenal Of The North »
I’ve seen better Sunday league refs!

big fat yorkshire pudding

• VSC Member
« Reply #6 on January 19, 2019, 06:14:57 pm by big fat yorkshire pudding »
Alan southstand would have had a heart attack.

Paul Simpson

• Forum Member
« Reply #7 on January 19, 2019, 06:18:17 pm by Paul Simpson »
Diabolical performance from the officials 💩

DonnyBazR0ver

• VSC Member
« Reply #8 on January 19, 2019, 06:22:22 pm by DonnyBazR0ver »
Wasn't gutted about the penalty as didn't see it either way but I think McCann was upset with the way it was overturned as there seemed to be some interference from "upstairs'.

I'm sure Marquis was onside as Copps time the pass perfectly however less sure about Smiths although it looked as though there may have been a Burton player on the far side might have played him on.

With 3 gilt edged chances from Marquis, Copps and May going begging, we didn't get the extra insurance we need. The weakness of not geing able to see a game out is a bit concerning but for the spin of a ball, we could be at least 3 points better off in the last two games.

Is Rowe a spent force? On todays first half showing, not got enough to command a central midfield role. Not energetic enough and too careless with the ball.

Wilks. Talented but too unpredictable to be a team player.

Well played Smith and May when they came on, just a pity we didn't deliver the result their contribution warrented.

rich1471

• Forum Member
« Reply #9 on January 19, 2019, 06:24:29 pm by rich1471 »
He did miss a lot but I think he was onside on the second , I just think he was that quick when the ball was played he was onside

Chris Black come back

• Forum Member
« Reply #10 on January 19, 2019, 06:26:04 pm by Chris Black come back »
Smith head down straight for goal. No f**king about. Direct.

esdailles left foot

• Forum Member
« Reply #11 on January 19, 2019, 06:27:28 pm by esdailles left foot »
Obviously something going on with Rowe now uncle Darren has gone.

drfchound

• Forum Member
« Reply #12 on January 19, 2019, 06:29:02 pm by drfchound »
I like the look of Smith on that showing.
Very quick and works hard for the team.
He also looks to be the predator striker we have been longing for.
Him and Marquis could be brilliant together for these last 18 games.

On the subject of Rowe, I noticed that he looked uncomfortable with his left knee from about 30 minutes into the game.

the vicar

• Forum Member
« Reply #13 on January 19, 2019, 06:32:19 pm by the vicar »
They was probably the worst I have seen but we can't blame a officials as we were totally shit first half

PDX_Rover

• VSC Member
« Reply #14 on January 19, 2019, 06:34:32 pm by PDX_Rover »
I think Rowe’s still carrying an injury of sorts. I’d rest him until he is 100%.

glosterred

• VSC Member
« Reply #15 on January 19, 2019, 06:35:59 pm by glosterred »
We’ve had some shite refs and Lino’s this season, but these 3 jokers were the worst by far

COYR

bobbymax

• VSC Member
« Reply #16 on January 19, 2019, 06:38:52 pm by bobbymax »
Collectively, as bad as I've seen in a very long time. Marquis and Smith were having the shirts pulled off their backs all through the second half.

northern soul

• Forum Member
« Reply #17 on January 19, 2019, 06:39:03 pm by northern soul »
Should their first goal have counted? Suggestions of high boot on the commentary.
This was my arguement. He almost kicked the defender in the face.

POD

• Forum Member
« Reply #18 on January 19, 2019, 06:40:38 pm by POD »
He did miss a lot but I think he was onside on the second , I just think he was that quick when the ball was played he was onside
The issue was that he was never in the right position to judge the offsides.  The ball was always played quickly, but as a linesman you need to be in line with the second last defender (including the keeper) at all times and he was never in line to make those decisions.
« Last Edit: January 19, 2019, 06:45:01 pm by POD »

RoversAlias

• Forum Member
« Reply #19 on January 19, 2019, 07:33:15 pm by RoversAlias »
Probably the most inept overall refereeing display I've ever seen, counting the Mick Russell Pompey shambles as blatant cheating which it must have been.

You've got it all spot on POD, so many dreadful errors today. The linesman on the West Stand side, was he out on the lash last night? I've never seen an official so bad at keeping up with play.

RedJ

• Forum Member
« Reply #20 on January 19, 2019, 08:03:02 pm by RedJ »
There were a few occasions with the shirt pulling (not read the thread so may have been mentioned already) where they'd pulled our player's top over his f**king head and they just weren't arsed. Mad.

Can't blame them for the result but Jesus wept.

rich1471

• Forum Member
« Reply #21 on January 19, 2019, 08:36:41 pm by rich1471 »
The issue was that he was never in the right position to judge the offsides.  The ball was always played quickly, but as a linesman you need to be in line with the second last defender (including the keeper) at all times and he was never in line to make those decisions.
i don't disagree with anything you say, they were the worst set off officials i have seen in a long time but in the first half so were rovers we were not at the races and at half time most people would have taken a draw and we missed some sitters in the second half we should have scored, but life goes on   

TinyPortal © 2005-2012