Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?
June 16, 2024, 08:31:22 am

Login with username, password and session length

Links

FSA logo

Author Topic: Ferguson  (Read 12238 times)

drfchound

• Forum Member
Re: Ferguson
« Reply #60 on February 09, 2019, 07:37:57 pm by drfchound »
I was giving him credit for that but the relegation was down to him and sticking with a system that clearly wasn't working.

You’ve never given him credit for taking us from the bottom of the table to the top 10 nor for the easiest promotion we’ve ever achieved.

Anyhow it’s irrelevent we had these discussions 2 years ago, we’re never going to agree.
Time to move on

As I have said before, 1947 was the easiest promotion the Rovers have ever had.

(want to hide these ads? Join the VSC today!)

ExileRover

• Forum Member
« Reply #61 on February 09, 2019, 07:40:43 pm by ExileRover »
He shushed Fergie whilst winking at him and doing the "loser" sign on his forehead. Bit unnecessary in my opinion and a bit disrespectful but Fergie certainly took the bait.

dickos1

• VSC Member
« Reply #62 on February 09, 2019, 07:41:09 pm by dickos1 »
Long before my time
Easiest promotion in 70 years then

drfchound

• Forum Member
« Reply #63 on February 09, 2019, 07:42:06 pm by drfchound »
Long before my time
Easiest promotion in 70 years then

before my time too, but I had to look it up to stop you saying it all the time.   ;)

BillyStubbsTears

• VSC Member
« Reply #64 on February 09, 2019, 07:42:29 pm by BillyStubbsTears »
Ferguson is like someone who builds and flies their own plane, and is for the most part great at building it, but shite at flying it.

Then says the air traffic controller should be shot when he crashes it.

If you look at his record with other clubs he’s very good at flying planes at this level, he’s strugggkd at championship level but not really a surprise when your Peterborough manager in the championship.

He's done reasonably well when he's had a shite load of money to spend.

He has never, not once, exceeded expectations. He's a distinctly average manager but an embarrassment of a man.

drfchound

• Forum Member
« Reply #65 on February 09, 2019, 07:43:08 pm by drfchound »
He shushed Fergie whilst winking at him and doing the "loser" sign on his forehead. Bit unnecessary in my opinion and a bit disrespectful but Fergie certainly took the bait.

Ferguson did the hand sign of "chatter chatter" back to him I hear.

Donnywolf

• VSC Member
« Reply #66 on February 09, 2019, 07:44:49 pm by Donnywolf »
Yes and if he had looked back he would have seen a man nearly as old as his dad doing a w****r sign back to him

Muppet - him not me !

Filo

• VSC Member
« Reply #67 on February 09, 2019, 07:46:18 pm by Filo »

Ferguson did the hand sign of "chatter chatter" back to him I hear.

He did and Wilks wanted to go toe to toe with him until Mcann ushered him into the dugout. Fergie was an embarressment, compouned by his post match interview, he must have been watching a different game to me

dickos1

• VSC Member
« Reply #68 on February 09, 2019, 07:47:05 pm by dickos1 »
Ferguson is like someone who builds and flies their own plane, and is for the most part great at building it, but shite at flying it.

If you look at his record with other clubs he’s very good at flying planes at this level, he’s strugggkd at championship level but not really a surprise when your Peterborough manager in the championship.

He has never, not once, exceeded expectations. He's a distinctly average manager but an embarrassment of a man.

He’s had the same amount of money as all the other Peterborough managers have had, and they’ve only ever won promotion twice both with him as manager

Getting successive promotions from league 2 to the championship cannot be described as doing reasonably well

Chris Black come back

• Forum Member
« Reply #69 on February 09, 2019, 07:54:11 pm by Chris Black come back »

He’s had the same amount of money as all the other Peterborough managers have had, and they’ve only ever won promotion twice both with him as manager

Getting successive promotions from league 2 to the championship cannot be described as doing reasonably well

You have no idea how much the other Peterborough managers have had to spend. That is more made up stuff.

Monkcaster_Rover

• VSC Member
« Reply #70 on February 09, 2019, 07:54:56 pm by Monkcaster_Rover »
Groundhog Day.

silent majority

• VSC Member
« Reply #71 on February 09, 2019, 08:08:43 pm by silent majority »
When Ferguson joined us he said that we needed 3 players to perform well in Lg1. He got his 3 player's and then promtly got us relegated.

In Lg2 he was given a Lg1 budget to get us back, which he did.

In Lg1 he was given a top 10 budget and finished 15th.

His football was turgid and his motivational skills lacked.

5 out of 10 for me.

mushRTID

• Forum Member
« Reply #72 on February 09, 2019, 08:40:44 pm by mushRTID »
When Ferguson joined us he said that we needed 3 players to perform well in Lg1. He got his 3 player's and then promtly got us relegated.

In Lg2 he was given a Lg1 budget to get us back, which he did.

In Lg1 he was given a top 10 budget and finished 15th.

His football was turgid and his motivational skills lacked.

5 out of 10 for me.

Agreed, mediocre manager for us.

Did he meet or have any contact with any of the board would you know?

dickos1

• VSC Member
« Reply #73 on February 09, 2019, 09:00:53 pm by dickos1 »

You have no idea how much the other Peterborough managers have had to spend. That is more made up stuff.

They’ve had the same owner, and spent similar money every season. As Evans did this season

dickos1

• VSC Member
« Reply #74 on February 09, 2019, 09:03:08 pm by dickos1 »
Not sure scoring more goals than anyone else in the division can be described as turgid football.
And at the meet the owners at the beginning of last season we were told the seasons aim was to consolidate and to push on the season after which we did comfortably.
You may not like him, he may not have spoke nicely to you but that doesn’t mean he is a useless manager

drfchound

• Forum Member
« Reply #75 on February 09, 2019, 09:09:08 pm by drfchound »
Not sure scoring more goals than anyone else in the division can be described as turgid football.
And at the meet the owners at the beginning of last season we were told the seasons aim was to consolidate and to push on the season after which we did comfortably.
You may not like him, he may not have spoke nicely to you but that doesn’t mean he is a useless manager

The turgid football was last season, especially after Christmas.

dickos1

• VSC Member
« Reply #76 on February 09, 2019, 10:34:02 pm by dickos1 »
Yeah so a spell was poor
But that doesn’t mean you can say his football was turgid,
People just conveniently forget how good we were that season in league two, the football was great as was the football for the first dozen games in league 1 when he first came

drfchound

• Forum Member
« Reply #77 on February 09, 2019, 10:36:36 pm by drfchound »
We did have a L1 squad in L2 so should have been better than the rest.

BillyStubbsTears

• VSC Member
« Reply #78 on February 09, 2019, 10:38:00 pm by BillyStubbsTears »
And then we had a run only matched in our history  by the management  Weaver and Bergara...

I still to this day can't believe he survived that.

dickos1

• VSC Member
« Reply #79 on February 09, 2019, 10:39:41 pm by dickos1 »
Like I said before
You can’t give any recognition.

We had a championship squad in league one but we were bottom of the league.
Many people on here said we would struggle in league two that year, it’s there for all to see. But we didn’t struggle we got promoted at ease, yet people who didn’t like Ferguson can’t acknowledge it

dickos1

• VSC Member
« Reply #80 on February 09, 2019, 10:40:43 pm by dickos1 »
And then we had a run only matched in our history  by the management  Weaver and Bergara...

Yeah we went back to how we were before he took over, he never really signed anyone that season. And he took over an absolutely abysmal squad

drfchound

• Forum Member
« Reply #81 on February 09, 2019, 10:42:00 pm by drfchound »
Like I said before

Many people on here said we would struggle in league two that year, it’s there for all to see. But we didn’t struggle we got promoted at ease, yet people who didn’t like Ferguson can’t acknowledge it

We weren’t bottom when Ferguson came in.
If we did have a Championship squad when he came to us why did he take us down.

BillyStubbsTears

• VSC Member
« Reply #82 on February 09, 2019, 10:44:02 pm by BillyStubbsTears »

Yeah we went back to how we were before he took over, he never really signed anyone that season. And he took over an absolutely abysmal squad

No. We didn't.

We went back to firm that we've only ever seen under Bergara and Weaver.

dickos1

• VSC Member
« Reply #83 on February 09, 2019, 10:47:21 pm by dickos1 »
No we didn’t
We ended up where we were when he took over

dickos1

• VSC Member
« Reply #84 on February 09, 2019, 10:48:51 pm by dickos1 »
Like I said before

We weren’t bottom when Ferguson came in.
If we did have a Championship squad when he came to us why did he take us down.

Sorry 2nd bottom then 🙄

BillyStubbsTears

• VSC Member
« Reply #85 on February 09, 2019, 10:53:20 pm by BillyStubbsTears »
No we didn’t
We ended up where we were when he took over
Through having a run of form that has only been matched in our history by Weaver and Bergara.

That's a fact. It's odd to continue arguing the toss.

dickos1

• VSC Member
« Reply #86 on February 09, 2019, 10:58:47 pm by dickos1 »
Like I’ve said he was a victim of his own success, it was unbelievable how we found ourselves in the top ten. If he’d carried on struggling all season like we had been doing it wouldn’t have looked as bad but the fact that he initially transformed us from 2nd bottom to top ten just magnified the poor results when we went back to how we were

BillyStubbsTears

• VSC Member
« Reply #87 on February 09, 2019, 11:00:15 pm by BillyStubbsTears »
No.
The fact that we had the worst run in our history outside of Weaver and Bergara emphasised how bad that run was.

And once again. In terms of form, we DIDN'T go back to how bad we were before. We went to a situation FAR worse than anything we'd since under Dickov.

IDM

• VSC Member
« Reply #88 on February 09, 2019, 11:01:54 pm by IDM »
So our collapse to relegation was relatively worse because we had a decent spell before.??

It was shite, end of..

DonnyBazR0ver

• VSC Member
« Reply #89 on February 09, 2019, 11:03:53 pm by DonnyBazR0ver »
I wish we could stop this obsession with him. He's moved on, why can't we?

TinyPortal © 2005-2012