Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?
June 14, 2024, 03:53:06 pm

Login with username, password and session length

Links

FSA logo

Author Topic: Which stand can we redevelop  (Read 3170 times)

redbrez

• VSC Member
Which stand can we redevelop
« on February 12, 2019, 03:58:10 pm by redbrez »
Shows there is interest ? Are ground is too small , still 6 days of sales left and a sell out ,how about an extra 5,000 stand tier on top of the south stand ,extra 2,000 seats at the away ,for the championship ,Leeds wedsday and co would deffo fill it .

Plus we can then do a Bradford and sell  cheap season tickets,when asked previously said it wasn't warranted because of the capacity making it not commercially viable

It would definitely get more fans coming cheaper season tickets ,and hopefully get the fan base ever increasing , bit toungue in cheek cos it would never happen , but if possible would the board consider it ?
All the money we get could go towards it ,bit we would need to try and fill it ? Would fans go for really cheap season tickets and average ,maybe ,10,000 to 12,000 season ticket holders ,then in championship your looking at massive crowds ?

Speculate to accumulate ,and just think how are fan base could increase .?
I know it's probably unrealistic but that's my vision would love a even more packed keepmoat every week ? And it just shows ,how many tickets could we off shifted for palace ?

Donny bob challenge ha ha
Raise the stadium ,and a full black bank would be worth an extra goal a game .

Seriously though how much would a project like this cost
I'll start saving myself anyone want to chip in a fiver lol

Ha ha bit of a ramble think the cup game has got me excited ,boy do I love this club .

(want to hide these ads? Join the VSC today!)

normal rules

• Forum Member
Re: Which stand can we redevelop
« Reply #1 on February 12, 2019, 04:05:23 pm by normal rules »
Won’t happen matey, unless you win the big one and feeling very charitable.
The demand would have to be huge to create a business plan even remotely worth spending millions on an extra tier on the east stand.
By huge I mean stable championship status, if there is such a thing or even prem. 5 figure season ticket sales every season and capacity crowds every week before it was even considered.
With the history of the club, there is a reason km was just 15,000.

RoversAlias

• Forum Member
« Reply #2 on February 12, 2019, 04:10:47 pm by RoversAlias »
This is one game that's sold out in about a decade, it doesn't justify expanding the stadium. That would cost a lot and recouping that outlay certainly wouldn't be helped by cheaper season tickets. If anything they'd probably go up for several years.

Unless we somehow, miraculously, become an established Premier League team one day, I cannot see us needing to expand the Keepmoat.

drfchound

• Forum Member
« Reply #3 on February 12, 2019, 04:14:12 pm by drfchound »
Dare to dream.
Bournemouth have done it.

pib

• Forum Member
« Reply #4 on February 12, 2019, 04:16:39 pm by pib »
I think sadly the ground is actually too big most of the time.

Only way we would have demand way in excess of current capacity would be getting to the PL. Wonder why Bournemouth haven't expanded theirs - it must not be as easy as we might think.

IDM

• VSC Member
« Reply #5 on February 12, 2019, 04:17:19 pm by IDM »
If we managed heaven forbid to reach the Prem, even for one season, then it would make sense to invest some of the massive amounts of cash in an upper tier on one or two stands.

That way, the capacity is then there should we ever make that step again, as well as the additional fans that that one season may generate.

However that’s a long way off IMHO.. plus the ground was big enough in those first couple of championship seasons..

silent majority

• VSC Member
« Reply #6 on February 12, 2019, 04:20:35 pm by silent majority »
A simple answer would be to remove the seats at either end. If you then incorporate another half step in place of the seats then you could multiply the capacity by 1.8.

Your 3,300 at either end then becomes 5,940. An increase of 2,640 x 2 = 5,280.

« Last Edit: February 12, 2019, 05:01:34 pm by silent majority »

normal rules

• Forum Member
« Reply #7 on February 12, 2019, 04:28:22 pm by normal rules »
I think sadly the ground is actually too big most of the time.

Only way we would have demand way in excess of current capacity would be getting to the PL. Wonder why Bournemouth haven't expanded theirs - it must not be as easy as we might think.

Bournemouth have plans to build and move to a 25,000 all seater near their current ground, which only hold 11k but is full every week.

normal rules

• Forum Member
« Reply #8 on February 12, 2019, 04:46:16 pm by normal rules »
Like this Sm?

Filo

• VSC Member
« Reply #9 on February 12, 2019, 04:49:16 pm by Filo »
Is this a thread where we can mention the mythical pins? 😀

Mustapha-Dump

• Forum Member
« Reply #10 on February 12, 2019, 04:50:17 pm by Mustapha-Dump »
Wasn’t it built with a ‘floating roof’ with half an eye on expanding one day? Not sure what stand that was planned for mind.

Drover

• Forum Member
« Reply #11 on February 12, 2019, 04:55:25 pm by Drover »
Has'nt it got foundations for the pillars already? :zzz:  :crying:   :whistle:

hoolahoop

• VSC Member
« Reply #12 on February 12, 2019, 04:59:23 pm by hoolahoop »
Like this Sm?

Wow when I was younger I would have loved that.

silent majority

• VSC Member
« Reply #13 on February 12, 2019, 05:02:17 pm by silent majority »

redbrez

• VSC Member
« Reply #14 on February 12, 2019, 05:09:47 pm by redbrez »
Dare to dream ,the stadium would get used possibly more , better sponsorship ? Everything would benefit ,make it a five year plan too fund , just think of 12,000 season ticket holders and rising every year , I'm sure we could recoup the money , start with the million we will win for getting to the semis ha ha , you never know ,if we can win big ask bit do able ,look at the other ties we could have good chance with another home game against some of the teams left ?

Maybe I'm too positive and ambitious ?
Think this is the only way we could get are fan base to raise dramatically ? Any idea how much a stand would cost , can remember someone showing what a two tier would look like ? You would get renewed interest for deffinate , bramall said he likes building things , might get discount with his old firm ha ha .

normal rules

• Forum Member
« Reply #15 on February 12, 2019, 05:16:04 pm by normal rules »
Like this Sm?

I seem to recall milk cates when I wer’ A lad.

roversdude

• VSC Member
« Reply #16 on February 12, 2019, 05:20:29 pm by roversdude »
How did Sheff Utd get on with that appeal

NickDRFC

• Forum Member
« Reply #17 on February 12, 2019, 06:00:15 pm by NickDRFC »
Dare to dream ,the stadium would get used possibly more , better sponsorship ? Everything would benefit ,make it a five year plan too fund , just think of 12,000 season ticket holders and rising every year , I'm sure we could recoup the money , start with the million we will win for getting to the semis ha ha , you never know ,if we can win big ask bit do able ,look at the other ties we could have good chance with another home game against some of the teams left ?

Think this is the only way we could get are fan base to raise dramatically ? Any idea how much a stand would cost , can remember someone showing what a two tier would look like ? You would get renewed interest for deffinate , bramall said he likes building things , might get discount with his old firm ha ha .

I’m not sure that the Field of Dreams model of “build it and they will come” is a realistic business plan for a League One club.

Expanding the stadium wouldn’t dramatically increase our fanbase, it would just mean there are more empty seats and higher overheads to absorb most weeks. The ways to increase our fanbase are to target youngsters and to have an entertaining, watchable and ultimately successful team. A bigger stadium would be a potential by-product of a bigger fan base, not the other way round.
« Last Edit: February 12, 2019, 06:04:40 pm by NickDRFC »

Padge_DRFC

• Forum Member
« Reply #18 on February 12, 2019, 06:02:46 pm by Padge_DRFC »
Good way of making the stadium feel even more emptier for league matches

adamtherover

• Forum Member
« Reply #19 on February 12, 2019, 06:09:28 pm by adamtherover »

I’m not sure that the Field of Dreams model of “build it and they will come” is a realistic business plan for a League One club.

Expanding the stadium wouldn’t dramatically increase our fanbase, it would just mean there are more empty seats and higher overheads to absorb most weeks. The ways to increase our fanbase are to target youngsters and to have an entertaining, watchable and ultimately successful team. A bigger stadium would be a potential by-product of a bigger fan base, not the other way round.
Darlington sadly would agree with you...

WheatleyRover

• Forum Member
« Reply #20 on February 12, 2019, 06:40:53 pm by WheatleyRover »
It will take time to grow the club, its the children and youth we need to attract, visiting schools and giving free tickets to schools even college students and Sunday league sides is the way to go, matches like this can only be good for the club, the interest is clearly there, if we could compete at championship level and get in the Prem, a 5000 expansion is more likely.
« Last Edit: February 12, 2019, 06:49:21 pm by WheatleyRover »

keith79

• Forum Member
« Reply #21 on February 12, 2019, 06:48:07 pm by keith79 »
1 proper sell out in 10 years. The stadium is not too big

normal rules

• Forum Member
« Reply #22 on February 12, 2019, 07:10:15 pm by normal rules »
The top tier in the east stand at elland road was left empty and unused for years.

ScillyRover

• Forum Member
« Reply #23 on February 12, 2019, 07:27:36 pm by ScillyRover »
Like this Sm?

Or ya dads shoulders 😂

I seem to recall milk cates when I wer’ A lad.

Chris Black come back

• Forum Member
« Reply #24 on February 12, 2019, 07:28:05 pm by Chris Black come back »
15k for as long as we will all be on this earth - unless standing sections introduced.

WheatleyRover

• Forum Member
« Reply #25 on February 12, 2019, 07:30:06 pm by WheatleyRover »
They could at least redo the roofs to make it look a little more interesting lol

normal rules

• Forum Member
« Reply #26 on February 12, 2019, 07:46:17 pm by normal rules »
The keepmoat is the envy of many clubs in the lower leagues

To have enclosed corners and a single roof going all the way round is perhaps something we take for granted. There are many top tier grounds that don’t have this.

With a full house on Sunday, there will be no complaints about having a boring roof.

Our floodlights are pretty special too, which other supporters have remarked upon.

We have to be proud of the km. it is our home, and will be for many years to come.

WheatleyRover

• Forum Member
« Reply #27 on February 12, 2019, 08:42:18 pm by WheatleyRover »
Could at least put some flags up their, maybe even an old style clock in the centre of the West Stand

Avsuptem

• Forum Member
« Reply #28 on February 12, 2019, 09:06:50 pm by Avsuptem »
And bring back the owl.

normal rules

• Forum Member
« Reply #29 on February 12, 2019, 09:12:01 pm by normal rules »
Perhaps a rickety tv gantry suspended precariously from the roof of the south stand obscuring the view for those in the upper seats?
Complete with a wire ladder for the brave camera man to climb up?

TinyPortal © 2005-2012