Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?
April 26, 2024, 08:06:31 am

Login with username, password and session length

Links

FSA logo

Author Topic: Beestin  (Read 5275 times)

wing commander

• Forum Member
Beestin
« on February 14, 2019, 01:51:46 pm by wing commander »
   Has been sent back from his loan spell by Chesterfield after failing to break into there match day 16.All I can say is they must have some bloody good lads upfront for that level...

(want to hide these ads? Join the VSC today!)

GazLaz

• Forum Member
Re: Beestin
« Reply #1 on February 14, 2019, 01:55:39 pm by GazLaz »
   Has been sent back from his loan spell by Chesterfield after failing to break into there match day 16.All I can say is they must have some bloody good lads upfront for that level...

I’m not sure how Chesterfield play but he may not fit into their style.

Branton Rover

• VSC Member
« Reply #2 on February 14, 2019, 02:00:47 pm by Branton Rover »
Alfie B is a footballer with a footballing brain - the two are not necessarily compatible at that level where blood & guts are a more valued commodity

RoversAlias

• Forum Member
« Reply #3 on February 14, 2019, 02:01:30 pm by RoversAlias »
Sheridan said he's a very good footballer but he does have a lot of options there and 5 other loanees in the squad.

I guess it's a case of either letting Beestin compete with our many front 3 options, or else sending him out to a different NL team.

big fat yorkshire pudding

• VSC Member
« Reply #4 on February 14, 2019, 02:02:34 pm by big fat yorkshire pudding »
What a difference 12months make.

Alan Southstand

• Forum Member
« Reply #5 on February 14, 2019, 02:08:15 pm by Alan Southstand »
He doesn't fit into our style, either.

steve@dcfd

• Forum Member
« Reply #6 on February 14, 2019, 02:17:39 pm by steve@dcfd »
He will have to change his game to get any where near our side. He suited DF but the teams moved on and we have better younger players than him.

Branton Rover

• VSC Member
« Reply #7 on February 14, 2019, 02:19:50 pm by Branton Rover »
It’s a true statement football is a unforgiving profession you either fit in or you don’t - is his contract up this year or has he got another season like Kiwomya?

DonnyOsmond

• Forum Member
« Reply #8 on February 14, 2019, 02:54:13 pm by DonnyOsmond »
I feel like he can be understudy to Copps in one of the wide options.

Alan Southstand

• Forum Member
« Reply #9 on February 14, 2019, 02:57:29 pm by Alan Southstand »
OOC in summer, Branton

steve@dcfd

• Forum Member
« Reply #10 on February 14, 2019, 03:35:40 pm by steve@dcfd »
I feel like he can be understudy to Copps in one of the wide options.

You may feel that but the manager has shown he does not feel the same as yet.

One_Matty_Lucas

• Forum Member
« Reply #11 on February 14, 2019, 04:05:08 pm by One_Matty_Lucas »
What are the odds of him ending up at Peterborough next season ?

rich1471

• Forum Member
« Reply #12 on February 14, 2019, 04:12:06 pm by rich1471 »
The manager said out of all the loan player , he was the only one who mivht be her next year who are ooc

PDX_Rover

• VSC Member
« Reply #13 on February 14, 2019, 07:25:44 pm by PDX_Rover »
Definite potential.

Alan Southstand

• Forum Member
« Reply #14 on February 14, 2019, 09:34:09 pm by Alan Southstand »
U23's maybe, but not first team!

IDM

• VSC Member
« Reply #15 on February 14, 2019, 09:35:59 pm by IDM »
A year or so ago he was good enough for the first team, so he can be again.. not at the moment maybe, but some time maybe.?

DonnyBazR0ver

• VSC Member
« Reply #16 on February 14, 2019, 10:56:33 pm by DonnyBazR0ver »
You wonder how he'll cope with another knock back. Might be another chat with Copps on the cards. Who knows what will happen from here but it may not be easy for him  and let's hope he shows some spirit. There's some good young players coming up behind him. If he can do well in the development squad it might not be the end.

steve@dcfd

• Forum Member
« Reply #17 on February 15, 2019, 06:17:40 am by steve@dcfd »
A year or so ago he was good enough for the first team, so he can be again.. not at the moment maybe, but some time maybe.?

He was in the first team because at that time we had no better.
Alfie May improved, we’ve brought in Sadlier, Wilks and Smith.
Coppinger now plays in the front three. With other young lads behind them I do not see how he will get anywhere near the first team. If he gets a years contract he must work on his strength and stamina play in the development side and maybe in the middle three. I never thought he was a striker/ forward he does not score enough at any level.

keith79

• Forum Member
« Reply #18 on February 15, 2019, 06:25:52 am by keith79 »
How old is he?

DonnyOsmond

• Forum Member
« Reply #19 on February 15, 2019, 06:55:31 am by DonnyOsmond »

He was in the first team because at that time we had no better.
Alfie May improved, we’ve brought in Sadlier, Wilks and Smith.
Coppinger now plays in the front three. With other young lads behind them I do not see how he will get anywhere near the first team. If he gets a years contract he must work on his strength and stamina play in the development side and maybe in the middle three. I never thought he was a striker/ forward he does not score enough at any level.

That's because he's a creative number 10 and created more per game than any of our players...

steve@dcfd

• Forum Member
« Reply #20 on February 20, 2019, 07:16:25 am by steve@dcfd »
Alfie B must fight now to prove he’s good enough for a new contract according to GM.

He must try and make a midfield three a place for him.

GM talks of Cody Prior and AJ Greaves but for me Alfie is more attacking than both of them. I said it before if he can add strength and stamina to his game this area would be the best place for his development.

If he could develop his game like Ali Crawford then he could be first backup to these players. He has the skill and physically he is taller than most in that area for us.

https://www.thestar.co.uk/sport/football/doncaster-rovers/doncaster-rovers-mccann-lays-down-gauntlet-to-alfie-beestin-to-earn-new-contract-1-9605014
« Last Edit: February 20, 2019, 07:22:54 am by steve@dcfd »

selby

• VSC Member
« Reply #21 on February 20, 2019, 09:55:58 am by selby »
  It is not a good sign being sent back from loan at a club two levels below us, and having made no impression at all to a couple of different managers at that club in his time there.
« Last Edit: February 20, 2019, 10:14:58 am by selby »

adamtherover

• Forum Member
« Reply #22 on February 20, 2019, 12:46:29 pm by adamtherover »
sadly like liam mandeville, even tho i believe he has acres of skill, i dont think he has the engine to work in a grant mmcan style.  He needs to take a strong hard look at John Marquis, someone who i would say he has more natural ability on the ball, but 92 mins on the clock and JM will be full speed sprinting to chase a loose ball..  thats the sort of players GM wants in his team.  Plus his tactics only work with 100% energy from everybody.  Theres no room for luxury players.  At 38 years of age, copps can run all day long,  if he can do it, theres no excuse for the youngsters.

steve@dcfd

• Forum Member
« Reply #23 on February 20, 2019, 04:03:54 pm by steve@dcfd »
He has to look Kane aswell to get round the pitch and still use the skill he has. He takes knocks but gets up and carries on.

POD

• Forum Member
« Reply #24 on February 20, 2019, 08:09:36 pm by POD »
It’s like many other youngsters that Rovers have brought to the fringes of the first team, but ultimately have been unable to make the grade.  Mandeville, Middleton, Fairhurst, Lund and many more have tried but failed and sadly Alfie Beestin is heading the same way.
Rovers have found it more beneficial to bring in young players who have been released by Championship or Premiership clubs and it makes you wonder if we should bother having an academy at all?

IDM

• VSC Member
« Reply #25 on February 20, 2019, 09:14:47 pm by IDM »
No it doesn’t..

RedJ

• Forum Member
« Reply #26 on February 21, 2019, 09:26:41 am by RedJ »
Beestin wasn't even in our academy so I fail to see the relevance of that to this thread.

adamtherover

• Forum Member
« Reply #27 on February 21, 2019, 01:05:23 pm by adamtherover »
Beestin wasn't even in our academy so I fail to see the relevance of that to this thread.

completely relevant to the ammount of opportunity our youngsters are going to get considering the strength of the current first 18,   at the minute, it appears to be next to none. GM has shown that he will look higher up the league to bring in youngsters.  With the greatest of respect to our lads, a 19yr old from liverpool, i.e. herbie is probably gonna be a better player than one of ours.  The lack of injuries this season has basically stopped any youth development. When we remember how bad the pitch was and apparantly injured players just by looking at it.  That myth has finally been put to bed!

RedJ

• Forum Member
« Reply #28 on February 21, 2019, 01:23:56 pm by RedJ »

completely relevant to the ammount of opportunity our youngsters are going to get considering the strength of the current first 18,   at the minute, it appears to be next to none. GM has shown that he will look higher up the league to bring in youngsters.  With the greatest of respect to our lads, a 19yr old from liverpool, i.e. herbie is probably gonna be a better player than one of ours.  The lack of injuries this season has basically stopped any youth development. When we remember how bad the pitch was and apparantly injured players just by looking at it.  That myth has finally been put to bed!

So a lad who didn't come through our system is relevant to our system how? and in any case, again, how is the success of our youth system relevant to a man who didn't come through it?...

phil old leake

• Forum Member
« Reply #29 on February 22, 2019, 05:50:57 pm by phil old leake »
I think to just accept that Kane or his like  are better than anything we can produce because he came from Liverpool is a bit naive. Some lower league clubs produce some gems.  Alot of it is about luck and being in the right place.  Saying that I agree that Kane is a bit good.

TinyPortal © 2005-2012