Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?
June 16, 2024, 02:47:37 am

Login with username, password and session length

Links

FSA logo

Author Topic: Poss road disruption this weekend  (Read 4910 times)

normal rules

• Forum Member
Poss road disruption this weekend
« on March 19, 2019, 03:55:44 pm by normal rules »
For those going to footy, keep an eye on traffic news this weekend. There is large growing support for go slows on major routes this weekends which will no doubt result in disruption. Most of the stuff is on Facebook page entitled Brexit protest and direct action group. The page started last Friday and already had 17,000 members. Go slows planned for most major motorways and blockades at some ports.
Seems like some are taking a lead out if the french,s book starting with traffic protest.

(want to hide these ads? Join the VSC today!)

Axholme Lion

• Forum Member
Re: Poss road disruption this weekend
« Reply #1 on March 19, 2019, 04:01:41 pm by Axholme Lion »
For those going to footy, keep an eye on traffic news this weekend. There is large growing support for go slows on major routes this weekends which will no doubt result in disruption. Most of the stuff is on Facebook page entitled Brexit protest and direct action group. The page started last Friday and already had 17,000 members. Go slows planned for most major motorways and blockades at some ports.
Seems like some are taking a lead out if the french,s book starting with traffic protest.

Hopefully they will make their way down to parliament and bring the traitors to account.

Donnywolf

• VSC Member
« Reply #2 on March 19, 2019, 04:31:22 pm by Donnywolf »
Sorry have to ask again. Do you mean the 1976 traitors or the latest ones  :laugh:

Worried we might get delayed on way to Luton but hope Grayling is put in charge - then it all may fizzle out

Donnywolf

• VSC Member
« Reply #3 on March 19, 2019, 04:32:59 pm by Donnywolf »

Cheers .....  meanwhile about a Million look to be turning out in London on a People Vote 2 march
https://www.ofoc.co.uk/put_it_to_the_people_march
« Last Edit: March 19, 2019, 04:36:08 pm by Donnywolf »

swifty50

• Forum Member
« Reply #4 on March 19, 2019, 06:14:19 pm by swifty50 »
Well I hope they try and arrest them all, as they did with the miners during the miners strike,

the vicar

• Forum Member
« Reply #5 on March 19, 2019, 06:54:37 pm by the vicar »

Cheers .....  meanwhile about a Million look to be turning out in London on a People Vote 2 march
https://www.ofoc.co.uk/put_it_to_the_people_march

we don't need a people's vote the country has spoken now now get on with it

foxbat

• VSC Member
« Reply #6 on March 19, 2019, 07:05:58 pm by foxbat »
the People are going to vote again.
Get on with it - Revoke article 50 and bury Brexit

the vicar

• Forum Member
« Reply #7 on March 19, 2019, 07:13:28 pm by the vicar »
And stab 17.4m in the back is so democracy is well and truly dead and any future election can be disputed

the vicar

• Forum Member
« Reply #8 on March 19, 2019, 07:14:17 pm by the vicar »
Not only that there will be hell on if they do

normal rules

• Forum Member
« Reply #9 on March 19, 2019, 08:09:33 pm by normal rules »
I get the impression this weekend is just a warm up.
Teresounous May stated no less than 108 times that we will leave the Eu with OR without a deal on match 29.
Let’s see if she is a monumental liar.
Incidentally there is a Doncaster road protest planned on a1/m18 junction. Meet at Morrison’s near black bank.
« Last Edit: March 19, 2019, 08:16:59 pm by normal rules »

normal rules

• Forum Member
« Reply #10 on March 19, 2019, 08:16:11 pm by normal rules »
The donny go slow for A1 m18 junction is 11-30am meet up at Morrison’s. Dn4 5 jp .

There is a Facebook page called Yorkshire Brexit action group.

graingrover

• VSC Member
« Reply #11 on March 19, 2019, 08:34:30 pm by graingrover »
Meanwhile on my side of the water French border control want more money post Brexit to control travel documents so are on go slow .A Eurostar journey of two hours from Brussels to London  took 4 hours on Sunday night .I have to factor this in whenever I come to a match in  Uk My next is scheduled for Bradford away in the first post Brexit week Arrive London St Pancras at 9 am hopefully in time for the 9 .33 out of Kings Cross. ...I am an an optimist !

IDM

• VSC Member
« Reply #12 on March 19, 2019, 08:40:53 pm by IDM »

And stab 17.4m in the back is so democracy is well and truly dead and any future election can be disputed

You mean general elections that we have any 5 years.?

Are you saying the current government should last forever.?

What this parliament eventually agrees for a brexit deal will be nowhere near what leave voters wanted and certainly not what the remain voters wanted so no one is happy..

Put the proposed deal to the vote, and have done with it, when we actually know what we are voting for.?

Or are you one of the head in the sand no deal supporters.?

If parliament is going to honour the referendum then a deal is essential.  Why not confirm that with the electorate.?
« Last Edit: March 19, 2019, 08:54:51 pm by IDM »

Superspy

• VSC Member
« Reply #13 on March 19, 2019, 08:58:01 pm by Superspy »
Jesus wept it's like reading the comments section on a BBC article.

IDM

• VSC Member
« Reply #14 on March 19, 2019, 08:58:57 pm by IDM »
Maybe this should be in off topic now.?

the vicar

• Forum Member
« Reply #15 on March 19, 2019, 09:03:04 pm by the vicar »

You mean general elections that we have any 5 years.?

Are you saying the current government should last forever.?

What this parliament eventually agrees for a brexit deal will be nowhere near what leave voters wanted and certainly not what the remain voters wanted so no one is happy..

Put the proposed deal to the vote, and have done with it, when we actually know what we are voting for.?

Or are you one of the head in the sand no deal supporters.?

If parliament is going to honour the referendum then a deal is essential.  Why not confirm that with the electorate.?
I mean what I say ANY Election if they go back now the presidece is set by themselves

selby

• VSC Member
« Reply #16 on March 19, 2019, 09:07:18 pm by selby »
The new meaning of a democracy is a dictatorship we voted for. Or in the EU case a dictatorship with leaders no one voted for.

vaya

• Forum Member
« Reply #17 on March 19, 2019, 09:09:43 pm by vaya »

Not a right lot to do with football anymore.

the vicar

• Forum Member
« Reply #18 on March 19, 2019, 09:26:48 pm by the vicar »
Yes people kicking people around

vaya

• Forum Member
« Reply #19 on March 19, 2019, 09:52:07 pm by vaya »
Yes people kicking people around

Not entirely sure you've grasped football there.

the vicar

• Forum Member
« Reply #20 on March 19, 2019, 10:05:24 pm by the vicar »
I have grasped a lot of things mate

drfchound

• Forum Member
« Reply #21 on March 19, 2019, 10:45:54 pm by drfchound »

Not a right lot to do with football anymore.

.....or disruption to traffic at the weekend.

bobjimwilly

• VSC Member
« Reply #22 on March 19, 2019, 11:03:01 pm by bobjimwilly »
I have grasped a lot of things mate

just not politics or the political system in this country or the difference between a referendum and an election?

BillyStubbsTears

• VSC Member
« Reply #23 on March 19, 2019, 11:11:13 pm by BillyStubbsTears »
Watch out, after we extend A50.

The internet will be brought to a standstill by millions of florid pensioners typing, "Tsk... typical. I don't know why I bother voting." in the latest revolutionary act devised by Benito Farage.

tommy toes

• Forum Member
« Reply #24 on March 19, 2019, 11:20:24 pm by tommy toes »
Let me get this straight as I don't do Facebook.
Is this go slow pro or anti Brexit?

BillyStubbsTears

• VSC Member
« Reply #25 on March 19, 2019, 11:36:23 pm by BillyStubbsTears »
My understanding is that there's the thick end  of half a million Remainers going down to London this weekend.

And a few dozen folk who've been duped out of 50 quid by Nige to walk in single file down the A1.
« Last Edit: March 20, 2019, 07:57:49 am by BillyStubbsTears »

Padge_DRFC

• Forum Member
« Reply #26 on March 20, 2019, 06:39:58 am by Padge_DRFC »
Fair play to the remainers. There's not as many of them. Over a million to be precise but they're a passionate bunch and they'll kick and scream and patronise everyone until they get what they want. Perfect example this forum as one of them.

tommy toes

• Forum Member
« Reply #27 on March 20, 2019, 07:34:06 am by tommy toes »
There's nothing patronising in pointing out that the 2016 referendum was completely flawed, which it undoubtedly was.

I don't care what anyone says people had no idea about the consequences of leaving. They were told a pack of lies.

And had the man in the street even heard of the customs union and the single market? Or the Irish border issue. Christ! even the Government hadn't considered that one.

And as far as immigration goes, which was THE main reason for the leave vote (don't tell me it wasn't  look at the Boston vote) they ain't going to get what they wanted.

And any deal that this lousy government brokers will be far worse than JUST STAYING IN.

IDM

• VSC Member
« Reply #28 on March 20, 2019, 08:07:59 am by IDM »
I voted remain and I have no issue with people who voted leave on the basic principle of this country’s laws etc not being driven from Brussels and influences by other countries.

I believe many folks knew little more about what would actually happen but voted leave in good faith.  Then there are those who’s main concern was immigration..

But since this happened nearly 3 years ago, all we have had since is spin and politics and a government shown up to be completely incompetent in getting a deal agreed by all parties and to honour the referendum result.

Things have changed so much in that timescale so surely it is logical given this is so inportant, to go back to the people again.?

Glyn_Wigley

• VSC Member
« Reply #29 on March 20, 2019, 08:09:31 am by Glyn_Wigley »

Is democracy dead in Denmark and Ireland?

Not that I've noticed.
« Last Edit: March 20, 2019, 08:12:35 am by Glyn_Wigley »

TinyPortal © 2005-2012