Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?
April 19, 2024, 02:05:42 pm

Login with username, password and session length

Links

FSA logo

Author Topic: Top six  (Read 5011 times)

Chris Black come back

• Forum Member
Top six
« on April 19, 2019, 07:20:21 pm by Chris Black come back »
We have now played all the other five of the top six. We have only managed to score two goals in all those five games.

(want to hide these ads? Join the VSC today!)

sha66y

• Forum Member
Re: Top six
« Reply #1 on April 19, 2019, 07:23:05 pm by sha66y »
We have now played all the other five of the top six. We have only managed to score two goals in all those five games.

Sorry don’t get what your saying....we have played both home and away, which means 10 games?

since-1969

• VSC Member
« Reply #2 on April 19, 2019, 07:25:35 pm by since-1969 »
Our playoffs are not going to be easy if we can’t score against teams above us .

Chris Black come back

• Forum Member
« Reply #3 on April 19, 2019, 07:26:22 pm by Chris Black come back »
In the five away games, we have only scored twice. Problem with play offs is that to get promoted you have to play two games away and only one at home.

mushRTID

• Forum Member
« Reply #4 on April 19, 2019, 07:28:05 pm by mushRTID »
If we make it I don’t think anyone will be worried about us. Really need John to start scoring again though.

dknward2

• VSC Member
« Reply #5 on April 19, 2019, 08:19:29 pm by dknward2 »
Just hope we dont face sunderland as we have no hope.

Not that they are a good or better side it just seems like the refs are doing all they can to make sure they go up.

Nudga

• Forum Member
« Reply #6 on April 19, 2019, 08:24:28 pm by Nudga »

Not that they are a good or better side it just seems like the refs are doing all they can to make sure they go up.

They are a better side, organisational side of things anyway. They are dull as f**k but their players have the quality to put into practice what they go through in training.
We lack ideas on how to break these teams down.

big fat yorkshire pudding

• VSC Member
« Reply #7 on April 19, 2019, 08:34:54 pm by big fat yorkshire pudding »

They are a better side, organisational side of things anyway. They are dull as f**k but their players have the quality to put into practice what they go through in training.
We lack ideas on how to break these teams down.

Experience helps there. Look at our team today and not many have played at a high level. Crawford has played at bigger, fuller grounds and he was one who wasnt overawed.  Not many of our team have played in front of 34000 and I think that affected them.

Colemans Left Hook

• Forum Member
« Reply #8 on April 19, 2019, 10:46:44 pm by Colemans Left Hook »
ok

time to give you all a bit of confidence

Rovers are a top priced 1/14 (meaning put £1 on to win 7 pence) Peterbru are 8/1 & coventry 20/1

as regards DREXIT (winning the play offs - it's time to get that phrase in the public domain) Rovers are a mere 4/1 same as Charlton

Rovers91

• Forum Member
« Reply #9 on April 20, 2019, 02:12:01 pm by Rovers91 »
We are capable of getting a result at home but cant see us beating any of the other teams away from home.

jackthelad

• Forum Member
« Reply #10 on April 20, 2019, 02:57:38 pm by jackthelad »
The playoffs are one big lottery, of course we probably wouldn’t be the most fancied team but we shouldn’t be completely dismissed.
If we are in them then we have a chance. Simple.

scawsby steve

• Forum Member
« Reply #11 on April 20, 2019, 04:43:55 pm by scawsby steve »
The playoffs are one big lottery, of course we probably wouldn’t be the most fancied team but we shouldn’t be completely dismissed.
If we are in them then we have a chance. Simple.

I totally agree with that Jack, but the thing that's concerning a lot of people is our terrible away form.

We'll have to play 2 of our 3 playoff games away from home, and it will need a huge turnaround in form for us to be successful.
« Last Edit: April 20, 2019, 04:47:00 pm by scawsby steve »

RedJ

• Forum Member
« Reply #12 on April 20, 2019, 05:09:19 pm by RedJ »
If we get Sunderland I can't see us making it to Wembley.

drfchound

• Forum Member
« Reply #13 on April 20, 2019, 08:30:48 pm by drfchound »
We are capable of getting a result at home but cant see us beating any of the other teams away from home.

Well we didn’t beat Southend away in the last play off semi final but we managed to sneak through to Wembley.
I seem to recall people panicking then as well as Southend were the form team leading up to the end of the league season,

jackthelad

• Forum Member
« Reply #14 on April 21, 2019, 01:03:51 am by jackthelad »
As far as I see it let’s just ensure we get to the play offs first and then take it from there.

We probably won’t be promoted, but we never expected that in August anyway and it is all about making progress which we definitely have done.

I’m just enjoying the ride and let’s see what happens.
« Last Edit: April 21, 2019, 10:20:22 am by jackthelad »

idler

• VSC Member
« Reply #15 on April 21, 2019, 07:29:40 am by idler »
Definitely defiant Jack.😉 Predictive text.😕

Chris Black come back

• Forum Member
« Reply #16 on April 21, 2019, 08:15:07 am by Chris Black come back »
Monday and Tuesday could see everything finally sewn up. Coventry are playing Portsmouth (nine wins in ten) and Peterborough are playing Sunderland. Both Portsmouth and Sunderland pushing very hard for the final automatic spot.

If both Coventry and Peterborough lose and we win, then we can probably relax. Come final game Coventry will be on beach with nothing to play for, so even if we need three points then, we can look positively.

ravenrover

• VSC Member
« Reply #17 on April 21, 2019, 09:43:56 am by ravenrover »
I wouldn't put money on Sunderland to beat Peterboro based on what I saw of Sunderland on Friday

Chris Black come back

• Forum Member
« Reply #18 on April 21, 2019, 09:52:15 am by Chris Black come back »
They have the third best away record in League One - no team has lost fewer games or conceded fewer goals.

Peterborough have the twelfth best home record, level with Plymouth. They have won eight league games at home all season, one more than relegated Bradford City. Peterborough have managed to score 27 goals at home in the league, as comparison, we have scored 42.

steve@dcfd

• Forum Member
« Reply #19 on April 21, 2019, 11:34:34 am by steve@dcfd »
All we can hope is that our team can produce. The defeat against Sunderland was not unexpected but the embarrassing performance let themselves and supporters down.

We are one of about Five teams who have not been consistent enough in our case especially away from home to challenge the top five.

If we keep 6th place we will have to be on our top form to beat any others in the playoffs, but that is the same for the other teams challenging for the last place.

i_ateallthepies

• VSC Member
« Reply #20 on April 21, 2019, 12:04:03 pm by i_ateallthepies »
I wouldn't put money on Sunderland to beat Peterboro based on what I saw of Sunderland on Friday

Don't kid yourself ravenrover, Sunderland barely got out of 2nd gear on Friday, the didn't need to.  The difference in class was there for all to see.

ravenrover

• VSC Member
« Reply #21 on April 21, 2019, 12:09:55 pm by ravenrover »
Class or not I can't see Posh playing as badly as we did.

RoversAlias

• Forum Member
« Reply #22 on April 21, 2019, 02:22:11 pm by RoversAlias »
Why not? Peterborough weren't very good against us the other month.

Anything can happen at this stage of the season to be fair, let's hope Sunderland turn up, play their best and do us a favour.

dickos1

• VSC Member
« Reply #23 on April 22, 2019, 12:52:13 pm by dickos1 »
They have the third best away record in League One - no team has lost fewer games or conceded fewer goals.

Peterborough have the twelfth best home record, level with Plymouth. They have won eight league games at home all season, one more than relegated Bradford City. Peterborough have managed to score 27 goals at home in the league, as comparison, we have scored 42.

Not looking like the Coventry game is going to be a dead rubber at the minute

steve@dcfd

• Forum Member
« Reply #24 on April 22, 2019, 01:01:05 pm by steve@dcfd »
Coventry winning at the moment 0. 1

RedJ

• Forum Member
« Reply #25 on April 22, 2019, 01:01:33 pm by RedJ »

Could be a candidate for Sky coverage. Us or one of the million teams that can still be relegated.

donnievic

• Forum Member
« Reply #26 on April 22, 2019, 01:04:37 pm by donnievic »
sunderland didn’t get out 2nd gear against us

NickDRFC

• Forum Member
« Reply #27 on April 22, 2019, 01:41:37 pm by NickDRFC »

4 points from our next 2 games will make it all by impossible for them to catch us, that should be doable for us.

DearneValleyRover

• VSC Member
« Reply #28 on April 22, 2019, 01:57:02 pm by DearneValleyRover »
sunderland didn’t get out 2nd gear against us

Really? You were watching a different game to me then, they looked very nervous and given how poor we were they should have been far better than they were.

donnievic

• Forum Member
« Reply #29 on April 22, 2019, 02:14:15 pm by donnievic »
Well I must of been

TinyPortal © 2005-2012