Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?
April 23, 2024, 11:55:45 pm

Login with username, password and session length

Links

FSA logo

Author Topic: barnsley owners put money (euros in their case) before promotion  (Read 2882 times)

Colemans Left Hook

• Forum Member
when rovers lost 4-1 at Colchester after Rovers wereleading 1-0 at half time colchesteer scored 2 worldie goals from distance -- one was scored by moncur - he left colchester who were relegated think barnsley paid money for him. (Barnsley signed Moncur from Colchester on 21 June 2016 for an undisclosed fee, reported to be £500,000)

On 31 August 2016, REALLY REALLY EWARLY IN THE SEASON !!!!  Moncur joined Peterborough United on loan until 7 January 2017.[63] On 3 September 2016, he made his Peterborough debut coming on as a substitute in a 2–2 home draw against Swindon Town.[64] A week later he scored his first goals for Peterborough when he scored twice in a 2–2 draw with Port Vale on 10 September 2016.[65]

AS I SAID very early the following season he wasnt making the team i remember his dad moaning so he went on loan to peterbro

the sky reporter said today that Moncur had told bARNSLEY that he would sign a new contract this summer

so they sold him to of all teams Luton  just to get some of the £500,00 back - as you can see they put money before promotion

(want to hide these ads? Join the VSC today!)

RedJ

• Forum Member
Re: barnsley owners put money (euros in their case) before promotion
« Reply #1 on April 20, 2019, 07:05:28 pm by RedJ »
Well I doubt they can see the future and thought f**k it we'll sell to the team who will win the league. Jesus Christ.

tyke1962

• Forum Member
« Reply #2 on April 20, 2019, 07:36:01 pm by tyke1962 »
when rovers lost 4-1 at Colchester after Rovers wereleading 1-0 at half time colchesteer scored 2 worldie goals from distance -- one was scored by moncur - he left colchester who were relegated think barnsley paid money for him. (Barnsley signed Moncur from Colchester on 21 June 2016 for an undisclosed fee, reported to be £500,000)

On 31 August 2016, REALLY REALLY EWARLY IN THE SEASON !!!!  Moncur joined Peterborough United on loan until 7 January 2017.[63] On 3 September 2016, he made his Peterborough debut coming on as a substitute in a 2–2 home draw against Swindon Town.[64] A week later he scored his first goals for Peterborough when he scored twice in a 2–2 draw with Port Vale on 10 September 2016.[65]

AS I SAID very early the following season he wasnt making the team i remember his dad moaning so he went on loan to peterbro

the sky reporter said today that Moncur had told bARNSLEY that he would sign a new contract this summer

so they sold him to of all teams Luton  just to get some of the £500,00 back - as you can see they put money before promotion

No he told the club he wouldn't be signing a new contract on the terms that were offered to him which is fair enough .

Given he's out of contract this summer the club decided to let him go in the January window and at least get something for him .

He wasn't a first team player at Barnsley and he hasn't nailed down a regular place at Luton either .

I wouldn't personally have sold him to a promotion chasing rival but then again selling George Moncur hasn't affected us at all and it's debatable whether he's made Luton Town a better team .

The club operates on a self sufficiency model , it is what it is .

Our owners may be super wealthy but none the less the club only spends what it generates which is fine by us .

Colemans Left Hook

• Forum Member
no you can't pull the wool over my eyes this is interesting

https://www.peterboroughtoday.co.uk/sport/football/posh/transfer-latest-sensational-moncur-speaks-to-posh-barnet-striker-on-mccann-s-radar-1-7429798

"“We have had a bid accepted for George, but the deal has not yet been finalised,” Fry said. “George and his father have met Grant McCann. Grant used to play at West Ham with George’s father (John Moncur) and they got on great.

“We have agreed personal terms with George and his agent, but until he signs it is not a done deal. I’m sure Barnsley could blow us out of the water wages wise, but George says it’s not all about the money so we’re hopeful.

“George is a terrific talent and we like him a lot. He’s the sort of player Grant loves, good on the ball and capable of scoring and creating goals. He would be a sensational signing for us.

“We bid a little bit more than we initially wanted to because we are convinced he would be a great signing. I set the deal in motion before going to Portugal and while I was out there the deal progressed a bit further"

forked tongue anyone ??

loaning a new signing out in august after signing him in the summer deserves an entry in the guinness book of records

tyke1962

• Forum Member
« Reply #4 on April 20, 2019, 08:15:48 pm by tyke1962 »
no you can't pull the wool over my eyes this is interesting

https://www.peterboroughtoday.co.uk/sport/football/posh/transfer-latest-sensational-moncur-speaks-to-posh-barnet-striker-on-mccann-s-radar-1-7429798

"“We have had a bid accepted for George, but the deal has not yet been finalised,” Fry said. “George and his father have met Grant McCann. Grant used to play at West Ham with George’s father (John Moncur) and they got on great.

“We have agreed personal terms with George and his agent, but until he signs it is not a done deal. I’m sure Barnsley could blow us out of the water wages wise, but George says it’s not all about the money so we’re hopeful.

“George is a terrific talent and we like him a lot. He’s the sort of player Grant loves, good on the ball and capable of scoring and creating goals. He would be a sensational signing for us.

“We bid a little bit more than we initially wanted to because we are convinced he would be a great signing. I set the deal in motion before going to Portugal and while I was out there the deal progressed a bit further"

forked tongue anyone ??

loaning a new signing out in august after signing him in the summer deserves an entry in the guinness book of records

George Moncur isn't good enough for the championship , it's a proven fact and it's unlikely as seems probable he will see much of it at Kenilworth Road next season .

His attitude and work rate is questionable , the big star at Colchester United thought he was coming to Oakwell to start every game and push Connor Hourihane out of the side , some hope .

He brought his dad down to Oakwell to fight his corner when he was on the bench every week and so Hecky gave him the first team football he craved and sent him to Peterborough on loan for the rest of that season .

He didn't pull any trees up there either and finished up on their bench too .

Only two people up until now think George Moncur is an immensely talented footballer , George himself and his dad .

keith79

• Forum Member
« Reply #5 on April 20, 2019, 09:28:43 pm by keith79 »
How many would rather sell marquis than risk losing him on a free?

RoversAlias

• Forum Member
Don't waste your time on Coleman, tyke. He spouts bizarre gibberish every single time he posts and none of us have any clue what it's all about.

tyke1962

• Forum Member
« Reply #7 on April 21, 2019, 07:52:12 am by tyke1962 »
Don't waste your time on Coleman, tyke. He spouts bizarre gibberish every single time he posts and none of us have any clue what it's all about.

Not sure where the euros come in to it either Alias , the consortium who own the club include two Americans , two from India and a man from China .

:headbang:

RobTheRover

• VSC Member
Perhaps they'd been on holiday and had a few left over. We've all done it.

tyke1962

• Forum Member
« Reply #9 on April 21, 2019, 09:06:10 am by tyke1962 »
Perhaps they'd been on holiday and had a few left over. We've all done it.

Tell you what Rover what these people with the amount of money they have collectively see in us is a complete mystery .

Second wealthiest owners in the entire EFL .

Nothing to see here with regard to the kind of profit that could interest people with their wealth .

It's like Bill Gates buying a Vaping Shop in Wombwell .

RedJ

• Forum Member
« Reply #10 on April 21, 2019, 04:37:39 pm by RedJ »
Why do you assume I post to get my post count up? :laugh:

You used to say that when you posted as Kenny senior or whatever the f**k it was and I've never understood the reason. I post because I want to, f**k all to do with my post count and even less to do with what you think, cocker x

Even dropped in a token swear word or two for you :kiss:

Drover

• Forum Member
« Reply #11 on April 21, 2019, 04:47:39 pm by Drover »

Not sure where the euros come in to it either Alias , the consortium who own the club include two Americans , two from India and a man from China .

What a surprise that other posters are trying to belittle others ones, and a token contribution from RedJ with a swear word to get his post count up.

Whilst I can’t decipher every post of CLH’s, I don’t think it’s correct to be insulting towards fellow posters. On the whole, I think he sometimes makes a better contribution than a lot of folk.

Cue the expected comments back aimed at me, but it’s like water off a ducks back as far as I’m concerned as I understand there’s a general lack of respect amongst elements of contributors.

OH the Irony!

DINGLE

• Forum Member
« Reply #12 on April 21, 2019, 05:54:30 pm by DINGLE »

What a surprise that other posters are trying to belittle others ones, and a token contribution from RedJ with a swear word to get his post count up.

Whilst I can’t decipher every post of CLH’s, I don’t think it’s correct to be insulting towards fellow posters. On the whole, I think he sometimes makes a better contribution than a lot of folk.

Cue the expected comments back aimed at me, but it’s like water off a ducks back as far as I’m concerned as I understand there’s a general lack of respect amongst elements of contributors.

Having read this site quite a bit, I’ve come to the conclusion that you’re the biggest bell end on the Internet.

Colemans Left Hook

• Forum Member

You used to say that when you posted as Kenny senior or whatever the f**k it was and I've never understood the reason. I post because I want to, f**k all to do with my post count and even less to do with what you think, cocker x

A certain poster who shall remain "nameless" has a habit of literally coming "interview" on my threads when I post  translating his unhappiness in his day job  via the "conduit" of this site  whilst "allegedly" earning a crust . sorry crumbs . Perhaps if the said poster brushed up on his "interview technique" both on here and in the future workplace he might be a credit to the site and not a debit.
have a nice day

Colemans Left Hook

• Forum Member

The consortium own two football clubs a "nice" club and a "orrible club" sorry Barnsley  hopefully those of you that don't have negative IQ's can work out the link to euros ?

The consortium would never have bought Barnsley if they didn't play in red Shirts 

on the subject of Moncur and the transfer To Luton - i think we will see him loaned out next season if Luton are promoted and i think he will "run down " his contract so Barnsley get sod all for a sell on fee - simply say he won't resign .

the backroom staff at Barnsley are not the "cleverest of people"   as was demonstrated by the non transfer of Andy Yiadom who they picked up for nowt and got nowt for when he left

yes the cock up below happened before the new owners   but they got their "fingers burned"

Barnsley

Yiadom joined Barnsley in May 2016 for a free transfer, on a two year contract.[8] He made 32 appearances for Barnsley in his first season, helping them retain Championship status impressing at right back.[9] He was offered a new deal by Barnsley on 30 July 2017, which he turned down.[10]

On 10 August 2017, after rejecting two bids from Premier League side Huddersfield Town, Barnsley agreed a fee with Huddersfield (believed to be around £3 million) for the signing with the player to undertake a medical to complete the move,[11] However on 18 August 2017, the move collapsed and Yiadom returned to Barnsley.[12] On transfer deadline day 31 August 2017, Yiadom had agreed to join Premier League side Swansea City, however on 1 September it was announced that the paperwork submitted for the move had not gone through before the 23:00 BST transfer window deadline and the move was thus not sanctioned, leading Yiadom to return to Barnsley.[13]

He was made Barnsley captain during the 2017–18 season.[14]
Reading

On 17 May 2018, Yiadom agreed to join Reading at the end of his contract, joining up with the Royals on 1 July after signing a four-year contract.[15] 

--------------------------------
so 3 million pounds went up in red smoke

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Andy_Yiadom

----------------------------------

then the club was sold on December 20th 2017

https://www.bbc.co.uk/sport/football/42426661

APART FROM PLAYING IN RED SHIRTS which nobody seems to have twigged you can see why they their angle on buying the club.

But the fact is they are "currently" one division lower than when when they took over ... now is that what you call progress ?

Simon Chadwick, a professor of sport enterprise at Salford University, said it was both an "odd" choice and a "strange location" to buy a club when taking into consideration a Chinese government clampdown on "irrational investments", and the number of higher profile teams in the area.

Good luck to the wobbly Dingles by the way later today

would also like your comments on this below

quote from Chris kamara on sky "Shrewsbury should be 2 or 3 goals in front of the Pringles " but they are not because barnsley are resilient  2-1 to pringles

« Last Edit: April 22, 2019, 03:56:16 am by Colemans Left Hook »

tyke1962

• Forum Member
« Reply #15 on April 22, 2019, 09:42:31 am by tyke1962 »

The consortium own two football clubs a "nice" club and a "orrible club" sorry Barnsley  hopefully those of you that don't have negative IQ's can work out the link to euros ?

The consortium would never have bought Barnsley if they didn't play in red Shirts 

on the subject of Moncur and the transfer To Luton - i think we will see him loaned out next season if Luton are promoted and i think he will "run down " his contract so Barnsley get sod all for a sell on fee - simply say he won't resign .

the backroom staff at Barnsley are not the "cleverest of people"   as was demonstrated by the non transfer of Andy Yiadom who they picked up for nowt and got nowt for when he left

yes the cock up below happened before the new owners   but they got their "fingers burned"

Barnsley

Yiadom joined Barnsley in May 2016 for a free transfer, on a two year contract.[8] He made 32 appearances for Barnsley in his first season, helping them retain Championship status impressing at right back.[9] He was offered a new deal by Barnsley on 30 July 2017, which he turned down.[10]

On 10 August 2017, after rejecting two bids from Premier League side Huddersfield Town, Barnsley agreed a fee with Huddersfield (believed to be around £3 million) for the signing with the player to undertake a medical to complete the move,[11] However on 18 August 2017, the move collapsed and Yiadom returned to Barnsley.[12] On transfer deadline day 31 August 2017, Yiadom had agreed to join Premier League side Swansea City, however on 1 September it was announced that the paperwork submitted for the move had not gone through before the 23:00 BST transfer window deadline and the move was thus not sanctioned, leading Yiadom to return to Barnsley.[13]

He was made Barnsley captain during the 2017–18 season.[14]
Reading

On 17 May 2018, Yiadom agreed to join Reading at the end of his contract, joining up with the Royals on 1 July after signing a four-year contract.[15] 

--------------------------------
so 3 million pounds went up in red smoke

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Andy_Yiadom

----------------------------------

then the club was sold on December 20th 2017

https://www.bbc.co.uk/sport/football/42426661

APART FROM PLAYING IN RED SHIRTS which nobody seems to have twigged you can see why they their angle on buying the club.

But the fact is they are "currently" one division lower than when when they took over ... now is that what you call progress ?

Simon Chadwick, a professor of sport enterprise at Salford University, said it was both an "odd" choice and a "strange location" to buy a club when taking into consideration a Chinese government clampdown on "irrational investments", and the number of higher profile teams in the area.

Good luck to the wobbly Dingles by the way later today

would also like your comments on this below

quote from Chris kamara on sky "Shrewsbury should be 2 or 3 goals in front of the Pringles " but they are not because barnsley are resilient  2-1 to pringles

If you want to take a swipe at my club then that is perfectly fine , that is what these boards are all about however where you fall down is your lack of facts .

The club wanted to sell Andy Yiadom  after he refused the offer of a new contract .

Huddersfield Town matched our valuation , around £2m I believe and the deal was set to go through .

The problem was he failed the medical at Huddersfield due to a problem in his back that needed immediate surgery , it was an unusual one given Andy or the club weren't aware of it and his performance levels were very good , clearly it was only identified due to a robust medical that only occur when a player joins a club in a big money transaction .

Basically both Andy and the club missed the boat and his contract then ran down which allowed him to leave on a free .

You are aware I take it that the club over the last 3 years have accumulated around £25m in the transfer market for our players the majority of whom were recruited for a pittance .

Alfie Mawson came for nowt from Brentford and was sold for £6.5m , Marc Roberts for 15k from Halifax Town and went to Birmingham for £3.5m , Connor Hourihane went to Villa for a similar fee having cost 250k .

We also received a further £8m from Everton for John Stones as a sell on clause when he joined Man City .

You can add James Bree , Mason Holgate and Sam Winnall to that list too , £4m received for an £250k collective investment .

I think it's fair to say at least financially the club is in good shape and self sufficient .

Of course it's frustrating to lose your better players and relegation to League One was a major factor but we know what we are and are realistic to know we can't pay the wages our better players believe they can attain elsewhere .

FFP prevents the ownership from spending huge sums of money and in all honesty none of us want to see the club becoming yet another financially crippled basket case when it all goes tyts up .

Shrewsbury created some excellent chances on friday afternoon , unfortunately for them they came across the best keeper in the league at the top of his game and he saved em , which is what he's paid to do .

« Last Edit: April 22, 2019, 09:47:33 am by tyke1962 »

RoversAlias

• Forum Member
« Reply #16 on April 22, 2019, 09:51:45 am by RoversAlias »

A certain poster who shall remain "nameless" has a habit of literally coming "interview" on my threads when I post  translating his unhappiness in his day job  via the "conduit" of this site  whilst "allegedly" earning a crust . sorry crumbs . Perhaps if the said poster brushed up on his "interview technique" both on here and in the future workplace he might be a credit to the site and not a debit.
have a nice day

You don't know me at all Coleman, so don't come on here casting aspersions about my profession or happiness. Don't know who you think you are quite frankly, going down that road.

As for being a credit to the site? You seem to think I have some vendetta against you but I don't, I simply get sick of reading unintelligible nonsense from you when I'm trying to engage in discussions with Rovers fans, and this thread was created purely so you could take some confusing dig at Barnsley for reasons unbeknown to most. I felt it only right to point out to Tyke that us fellow Rovers fans don't know what you're on about half the time so he needn't spend his time on your strange attempt to get a rise out of him or other Barnsley fans.

I come on here to chat about Rovers and football with other Rovers fans. I'm not really sure what you're going for in this thread. And deciding this morning to take no less than three pot shots at me is just sad, really.

TinyPortal © 2005-2012