Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?
June 16, 2024, 06:42:04 am

Login with username, password and session length

Links

FSA logo

Author Topic: Attendance?  (Read 4165 times)

adamtherover

• Forum Member
Attendance?
« on May 04, 2019, 10:53:17 pm by adamtherover »
12794... really? 

(want to hide these ads? Join the VSC today!)

Copps is Magic

• Forum Member
Re: Attendance?
« Reply #1 on May 04, 2019, 10:56:09 pm by Copps is Magic »
Weird one. Only 1200 more for the Crystal Palace game? They brought 1200 more just away fans alone.

drfchound

• Forum Member
« Reply #2 on May 04, 2019, 10:56:34 pm by drfchound »
12794... really?

Yes, over ten thousand home fans there.
It looked like it too.

Chris Black come back

• Forum Member
« Reply #3 on May 04, 2019, 10:57:40 pm by Chris Black come back »
South Stand was sold out apparently - seemingly driven by a large collective of the town’s halfwits.

drfchound

• Forum Member
« Reply #4 on May 04, 2019, 10:59:15 pm by drfchound »
South Stand was sold out apparently - seemingly driven by a large collective of the town’s halfwits.

Some of our villages must have been quiet today.

WheatleyRover

• Forum Member
« Reply #5 on May 04, 2019, 11:08:09 pm by WheatleyRover »
More bums on seats at the front of the south/west corner than normal

Campsall rover

• Forum Member
« Reply #6 on May 05, 2019, 12:11:14 am by Campsall rover »
More bums on seats at the front of the south/west corner than normal
I guessed before kick off 12.150 gate so very pleased with 12.794

Campsall rover

• Forum Member
« Reply #7 on May 05, 2019, 12:16:17 am by Campsall rover »
We just need the 200 or so morons to stay away and going to the Moat will be a much better experience for everyone.
How is the club going to get parents with young children to come to matches on a regular basis when we have this small section of mindless youths ruining it for the majority.

PDX_Rover

• VSC Member
« Reply #8 on May 05, 2019, 02:08:29 am by PDX_Rover »
Thought there would have been more police there. There was a smoke bomb from the Coventry end too and their supporters came on. So it wasn’t just Rovers.

It was obvious what was going to happen when the idiots started congregating. Get the ones they can identify banned.

However it was great later on - iFollow kept the video going for the lap of honour.

Donnywolf

• VSC Member
« Reply #9 on May 05, 2019, 07:45:46 am by Donnywolf »
12794... really? 

Not for me.

Oxford was the same last week - 9000 exactly -  looked to be manipulated upwards by OUFC but why would a club do that ?

Yesterdays Gate was highest this Season I think (League) beating Sunderland Gate of 11881 by nearly a thousand ......Sunderland brought 3950 Fans meaning we had 7931 "home" fans.

Barnsley was our largest number of "home" fans when of 11731 we had 8075 the only time we cracked 8000 till yesterday

Then yesterday we had 12794 (2292 Away) and so that meant 10502 home fans. 2500 ish more than Barnsley game - not for me

glosterred

• VSC Member
« Reply #10 on May 05, 2019, 07:53:18 am by glosterred »
The attendance given yesterday is season tickets plus match day tickets sold, so 12794 is probably correct. Not all those who buy ticket eventually turn up for the game for one reason or the other.

COYR

WheatleyRover

• Forum Member
« Reply #11 on May 05, 2019, 08:37:52 am by WheatleyRover »
Now that i think about it, im mot sure how we had 10,000 fans, for the Palace game we had the West block open and all of the East Stand, and I'm sure we had 10,000 or just over for that game.

drfchound

• Forum Member
« Reply #12 on May 05, 2019, 09:09:41 am by drfchound »
Thought there would have been more police there. There was a smoke bomb from the Coventry end too and their supporters came on. So it wasn’t just Rovers.

It was obvious what was going to happen when the idiots started congregating. Get the ones they can identify banned.

However it was great later on - iFollow kept the video going for the lap of honour.

My group and plenty of other people would have liked to have had the opportunity to see the players do a lap of honour at the end but didn’t stay because we had no idea how long it would take to clear the pitch.
I bet there weren’t many supporters left to witness it.

adamtherover

• Forum Member
« Reply #13 on May 05, 2019, 08:42:51 pm by adamtherover »
It wasn't that long to be fair once the youths has left the pitch.  I do remember a while ago, waiting over 30 mins for the players to come back out, after a average season as well. 

the vicar

• Forum Member
« Reply #14 on May 05, 2019, 08:58:04 pm by the vicar »
We just need the 200 or so morons to stay away and going to the Moat will be a much better experience for everyone.
How is the club going to get parents with young children to come to matches on a regular basis when we have this small section of mindless youths ruining it for the majority.
Campsall if you are on about the lads at the front with the stewards, it was the 2 stewards that started the trouble, and they got duly removed from the scene as they should of been.  As for going on the pitch after the second goal that was out of order but after the game we know it in not a good thing, but we all wish out fans could show some more passion for the club, we moan when they don't I'm not defending them but just let's say they showed passion

Retdon1

• Forum Member
« Reply #15 on May 05, 2019, 09:31:28 pm by Retdon1 »
Campsall if you are on about the lads at the front with the stewards, it was the 2 stewards that started the trouble, and they got duly removed from the scene as they should of been.  As for going on the pitch after the second goal that was out of order but after the game we know it in not a good thing, but we all wish out fans could show some more passion for the club, we moan when they don't I'm not defending them but just let's say they showed passion

From what I saw it wasn’t the stewards that started things... they were just stopping fans trying to jump over the hordings when about 6 idiots started throwing punches at one. Yes he throw a few back but I think he had every right too in that situation.. the big guy with the bald head who came over a while after at first seemed to be calming things down untill again a few idiots started slapping him round the face while the rest of the stewards just stood there. He was asked to move away before he slotted one... the big question is though where was the police when all this was happening. A lad a few rows in front of us lit a flair after the first goal and openly waved it in the air. Again nothing happen to him and he stayed for the full game... was poor from the idiots at the front but then the stewards and police for just letting them do as they please.

roversdude

• VSC Member
« Reply #16 on May 05, 2019, 10:45:43 pm by roversdude »
I hope something is done about the Coventry fans doing their best to smash things after the game total pondlife
Were the city players prevented from acknowledging their fans btw - one player came out and seemed to be ushered away
It was great seeing the players celebrating with families

Campsall rover

• Forum Member
« Reply #17 on May 06, 2019, 08:22:54 am by Campsall rover »
Showing passion isn’t running on the pitch goading the opposition fans.
Passion is supporting your team the correct way. Travelling to all corners of the country on a Tuesday night, that’s what i call passion.

Campsall rover

• Forum Member
« Reply #18 on May 06, 2019, 08:42:34 am by Campsall rover »
I would like to know where the police were on Saturday.
This behaviour needs stamping out in and around football grounds and the authorities need to sort it. CCTV and cameras are everywhere.
It can’t be that difficult to catch the culprits. They then need to be served out punishment befitting of the crime. Come on please can we get this sorted. I am sick & tired of seeing this moronic section of our society get away with it week after week.  :crying:
We the public need to do our bit and and help the police get rid of the morons who are recking thousands of people’s match day experience.
Have we learnt nothing from the 70’s & 80’s hooliganism. :headbang:

Filo

• VSC Member
« Reply #19 on May 06, 2019, 08:50:49 am by Filo »
There were two Police Officers standing to one side towards the West Stand, they just filmed it all and never got involved

bpoolrover

• Forum Member
« Reply #20 on May 06, 2019, 08:53:51 am by bpoolrover »
What do you think the police would have done differently if there were more of them, the sheer number of people going onto the pitch made it impossible to stop them, there have been pitch invasions on the last day for over 40 years while they shouldn’t do it it’s not the end of the world is it

Campsall rover

• Forum Member
« Reply #21 on May 06, 2019, 08:59:43 am by Campsall rover »
What do you think the police would have done differently if there were more of them, the sheer number of people going onto the pitch made it impossible to stop them, there have been pitch invasions on the last day for over 40 years while they shouldn’t do it it’s not the end of the world is it
I am talking about the morons at the front of the South stand fighting with Stewards.
Why are they allowed to stand at the front. It contravenes stadium regulations. IT NEEDS SORTING.
IS SOMEONE GOING TO DO SOMETHING ABOUT IT OR ARE THE MORONS GOING TO RUN FOOTBALL
If this behaviour was taking place in Doncaster town centre then riot Police would be on the scene.
In a football ground it would seem it is acceptable behaviour. WELL IT ISN’T ACCEPTABLE.
« Last Edit: May 06, 2019, 09:03:59 am by Campsall rover »

bpoolrover

• Forum Member
« Reply #22 on May 06, 2019, 09:03:19 am by bpoolrover »
I agree with that yes but that really was a small minority and I’m sure they will just look at the cctv and ban them

Campsall rover

• Forum Member
« Reply #23 on May 06, 2019, 09:11:12 am by Campsall rover »
I agree with that yes but that really was a small minority and I’m sure they will just look at the cctv and ban them
BLACKPOOL ROVER my question is WILL THEY BAN THEM? Because by now there should be none of them left. 200 new culprits are turning up every week if they are getting banned.

bpoolrover

• Forum Member
« Reply #24 on May 06, 2019, 09:20:25 am by bpoolrover »
I’m sure the ones that will have done something that’s warrants a ban then yes

DRFCFAN12

• Forum Member
« Reply #25 on May 06, 2019, 11:00:25 am by DRFCFAN12 »
All you old Kitsons shut the f**k up let the lads enjoy themselves. Just cause you old boys can run no more. Let them enjoy it man. I’m 45 years old I didn’t run on the pitch but ffs let them enjoy it. Stop being toxic we need to stick together not f**king moan.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

vaya

• Forum Member
« Reply #26 on May 06, 2019, 11:05:29 am by vaya »
All you old Kitsons shut the f**k up let the lads enjoy themselves. Just cause you old boys can run no more. Let them enjoy it man. I’m 45 years old I didn’t run on the pitch but ffs let them enjoy it. Stop being toxic we need to stick together not f**king moan.

Although somewhat undermining your point by moaning about other people yourself.

knockers

• Forum Member
« Reply #27 on May 06, 2019, 11:09:40 am by knockers »

How bizarre!

nortikorner

• Forum Member
« Reply #28 on May 06, 2019, 11:14:51 am by nortikorner »
do not know the facts of what happen on saturday ie stewards and fans  but before people make comment they should find out . know this is hearsay the steward in the black coat who was taken from the incident by other stewards and sent home . alleged to have kick a fan  but thats hearsay

pib

• Forum Member
« Reply #29 on May 06, 2019, 11:48:03 am by pib »

When does “enjoying yourself” spill over into mindless idiocy though. Running on the pitch is not that much of a problem, but swinging on nets and causing damage is.

Oh and I’m much younger than you.

TinyPortal © 2005-2012