Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?
May 28, 2024, 07:14:32 pm

Login with username, password and session length

Links

FSA logo

Author Topic: Free press  (Read 4328 times)

andyst79

• Forum Member

(want to hide these ads? Join the VSC today!)

Spilsby Red

• Forum Member
Re: Free press
« Reply #1 on May 28, 2019, 05:45:43 pm by Spilsby Red »
Totally agree. Let’s not be held to ransom. Players come, players go. But our club remains. In Grant I/we trust. Positive on Andrew.

Rovers91

• Forum Member
« Reply #2 on May 28, 2019, 06:13:44 pm by Rovers91 »
Would have liked to keep him but with how McCann says he thinks he can get a younger player who can have same amount of impact sounds like hes got someone lined up. I would imagine Rowes wage demands would have be up there with highest out of playing staff and his performances last season doesn't warrant that kind of money even though hes capable.

GazLaz

• Forum Member
« Reply #3 on May 28, 2019, 06:26:47 pm by GazLaz »
Three players were on big money. Copps, Rowe and Butler. Two of the three have moved on, that should free up plenty of funds.

watto-drfc

• Forum Member
« Reply #4 on May 28, 2019, 06:32:49 pm by watto-drfc »
Let Rowe go to Peterborough

Ziggazaggarover

• Forum Member
« Reply #5 on May 28, 2019, 06:41:40 pm by Ziggazaggarover »
Top 6 team that just needed a few extra additions , now looks like will need at least 7/8 players , Rowe was unlucky with injury's this season but showed how class he was when he came back , and McCann says get somebody in younger hes 30 year old look at copps , you need experience in the squad , for me a bad decision , will be a totally new starting eleven when marquis and whiteman leave.

big fat yorkshire pudding

• VSC Member
« Reply #6 on May 28, 2019, 06:42:03 pm by big fat yorkshire pudding »
It reads like he wants to use the budget differently essentially saying Rowe was paid too much for his value to he team. Which is fair enough. We will miss him but if he can be replaced it is a good move.  No doubt he didn't suit McCann's formation as well as he did Fergusons.

Branton Rover

• VSC Member
« Reply #7 on May 28, 2019, 06:46:06 pm by Branton Rover »
I’m not convicted Tommy’s body could cope with anywhere near as many games as Copps managed - Tommy on his day is fantastic as we saw at the Valley but these virtuoso performances are getting fewer & fewer & we must trust in GM to get us a younger, hungrier Tommy like player at a fraction of the cost

Retdon1

• Forum Member
« Reply #8 on May 28, 2019, 07:00:58 pm by Retdon1 »
Three players were on big money. Copps, Rowe and Butler. Two of the three have moved on, that should free up plenty of funds.

Idd guess marquis and whiteman are on more than all 3

DonnyOsmond

• Forum Member
« Reply #9 on May 28, 2019, 07:03:50 pm by DonnyOsmond »

Whiteman wouldn't be on anywhere near that.

Retdon1

• Forum Member
« Reply #10 on May 28, 2019, 07:10:31 pm by Retdon1 »

U don’t think whitemen is on more than Copps ?

RedJ

• Forum Member
« Reply #11 on May 28, 2019, 07:16:51 pm by RedJ »

Being on more than Coppinger is a different statement to him and Marquis being on more than Coppinger, Rowe and Butler combined though isn't it.

Retdon1

• Forum Member
« Reply #12 on May 28, 2019, 07:19:31 pm by Retdon1 »

Being on more than Coppinger is a different statement to him and Marquis being on more than Coppinger, Rowe and Butler combined though isn't it.
I ment he would be on more than all 3 individually not all 3 combined

andyst79

• Forum Member
« Reply #13 on May 28, 2019, 07:22:19 pm by andyst79 »
Copps will be on reduced terms this year also I should imagine.

DonnyOsmond

• Forum Member
« Reply #14 on May 28, 2019, 07:24:03 pm by DonnyOsmond »
Whiteman was a young attacking midfielder who was nowhere near our best midfielder when he signed. He'll be on similar to Wright, Lawlor, etc.

DonnyBazR0ver

• VSC Member
« Reply #15 on May 29, 2019, 06:50:12 pm by DonnyBazR0ver »
DFP also reporting today that McCann more hopeful of signing Downing saying we are 'in with a chance'.

Good to hear optimism with a note of caution.

sha66y

• Forum Member
« Reply #16 on May 29, 2019, 06:57:53 pm by sha66y »
Top 6 team that just needed a few extra additions , now looks like will need at least 7/8 players , Rowe was unlucky with injury's this season but showed how class he was when he came back , and McCann says get somebody in younger hes 30 year old look at copps , you need experience in the squad , for me a bad decision , will be a totally new starting eleven when marquis and whiteman leave.
Marquis and whiteman will be here next season irrespective of the Derby interest....

sedwardsdrfc

• Forum Member
« Reply #17 on May 29, 2019, 06:59:59 pm by sedwardsdrfc »
I probably missed Downing's best games with us because i'm not sure what the fuss is about. He's not a bad player but i didn't see him dominate in a way that made me think this guy is worth pushing the boat out for. Butler was the most dominant in the back line. I also think him and Wright are a bit similar too.

Like i say i probably missed his better games because general opinion is he's very good

Spud

• VSC Member
« Reply #18 on May 29, 2019, 08:01:30 pm by Spud »
Peterborough at home, him & Anderson were immense. I wondered how Butler was gonna get back in & still not sure how he did tbh, but credit to him when he did.
Hope we get Downing, Blackburn must have good cb's to let him go.

DonnyBazR0ver

• VSC Member
« Reply #19 on May 29, 2019, 11:00:37 pm by DonnyBazR0ver »
Sometimes it's a sign of good defence when you don't see much of your back 4 and your keeper because they do the basics well if unspectacular.

Alan Southstand

• Forum Member
« Reply #20 on May 30, 2019, 06:13:44 am by Alan Southstand »
The only problem I see, if we were to get Downing, is all 3 are right sided centre backs. Only Butler was left sided and obviously he has now departed.

Downing probably is captain material, should we get him, and we would have 3 good lads to pick 2 from.

It's to be hoped that the faith put on young Blaney's shoulders bears fruit this next season. He was starting to show signs at the back end of last season that there was a promising centre back in him (and he is left footed). Hopefully, he gets on the weights this summer and builds on his strength.

DonnyBazR0ver

• VSC Member
« Reply #21 on May 30, 2019, 09:10:49 am by DonnyBazR0ver »
I think a few or our players could do with weights and a diet of steak & Guinness! 😂

Woodhead Passer

• Forum Member
« Reply #22 on June 01, 2019, 09:18:10 am by Woodhead Passer »
I wouldn't be surprised to see Rowe sign for Salford. He lives in the Stockport region and Salford certainly have money to splash around.

jackthelad

• Forum Member
« Reply #23 on June 01, 2019, 09:35:36 am by jackthelad »
I wouldn't be surprised to see Rowe sign for Salford. He lives in the Stockport region and Salford certainly have money to splash around.

I would be surprised, he would be a unbelievable signing at that level.

dickos1

• VSC Member
« Reply #24 on June 01, 2019, 09:58:05 am by dickos1 »
We signed him at league two level didn’t we?

Chris Black come back

• Forum Member
« Reply #25 on June 01, 2019, 10:10:18 am by Chris Black come back »
He signed on loan originally when we were in League One. But then we got relegated to League Two and he signed permanently in the close season between League One and our relegation to League Two. Take your pick really - did he sign in League One, or after we were relegated to League Two?

glosterred

• VSC Member
« Reply #26 on June 01, 2019, 10:39:58 am by glosterred »
Isn’t so why do they still call it Free Press?

COYR

Woodhead Passer

• Forum Member
« Reply #27 on June 01, 2019, 11:06:14 am by Woodhead Passer »

I would be surprised, he would be a unbelievable signing at that level.

They've just signed Richie Towell from Brighton. He has been on loan at Rotherham for the past 2 seasons.

He's dropping from Championship football to League 2 at 27 years old. For me that's more of a surprise than Rowe joining them at 30y/o from League 1.

TinyPortal © 2005-2012