Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?
March 29, 2024, 08:37:37 am

Login with username, password and session length

Links

FSA logo

Author Topic: New Belles  (Read 5916 times)

graingrover

• VSC Member
New Belles
« on June 04, 2019, 04:30:30 pm by graingrover »
After a long long and no doubt difficult negotiation with the Lygo family The Belles are now in the fold and care of Club Doncaster .Had the negotiations been done in a better way the club may have been able to stay in The Championship and not have to self relegate to the National League and loose all the first team .Following a second consecutive relegation the new Belles have to start from a much lower base .However three  have Julie Chipchase  who is a vital part of their DNA and have appointed a new CEO to replace Mrs Lygo.It will be interesting to see who they have appointed and what the plans are  for the next few years and what players they  decide to recruit ...if any since they are now engaged in developing youngsters again .

(want to hide these ads? Join the VSC today!)

keith79

• Forum Member
Re: New Belles
« Reply #1 on June 04, 2019, 04:58:48 pm by keith79 »
Exciting times ahead for the belles.

roversontheup

• VSC Member
« Reply #2 on June 04, 2019, 07:23:06 pm by roversontheup »
I really hope so.  I played for their second string back in their heyday when nearly all the team were internationals.

DonnyOsmond

• Forum Member
« Reply #3 on June 04, 2019, 07:41:20 pm by DonnyOsmond »
Could be a bit like the story of Rovers dropping into the Conference and rebirth. Obviously no ill will from the Lygos.

silent majority

• VSC Member
« Reply #4 on June 04, 2019, 10:40:07 pm by silent majority »
Could be a bit like the story of Rovers dropping into the Conference and rebirth. Obviously no ill will from the Lygos.

No ill will from the Lygo's? Somebody tell me something positive that they did?

DonnyOsmond

• Forum Member
« Reply #5 on June 05, 2019, 07:00:26 am by DonnyOsmond »

They're not Ken Richardson is all I'm saying.

Danensian

• VSC Member
« Reply #6 on October 13, 2019, 06:16:18 pm by Danensian »

They only kept the club afloat during the WSL years. The only negative aspect of their time in charge was an apparent reluctance to develop links with the men's club.

BobG

• VSC Member
« Reply #7 on December 02, 2019, 11:36:46 pm by BobG »
There was that bizarre splash in the press about the Belles under Lygo developing a super duper training academy with flags, bells and whistles all over the place. I believe they even said the site had been selected and construction work was due to start very shortly after the press launch. So either something went very badly wrong very quickly with the Lygo business, or, there was something very odd going on.

BobG

TinyPortal © 2005-2012