Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?
May 01, 2024, 04:47:09 pm

Login with username, password and session length

Links

FSA logo

Author Topic: Mandeville  (Read 3650 times)

Dare to dream!

• Forum Member
Mandeville
« on June 05, 2019, 01:25:16 pm by Dare to dream! »
Signed for chesterfield 2 year deal

(want to hide these ads? Join the VSC today!)

RoversAlias

• Forum Member
Re: Mandeville
« Reply #1 on June 05, 2019, 01:44:00 pm by RoversAlias »
Links up with two former Rovers there then in John Sheridan and Glynn Snodin.

RedRover45

• Forum Member
« Reply #2 on June 05, 2019, 01:53:09 pm by RedRover45 »
That a surprise, thought he'd end up at Morecambe as he seemed happy there. Wonder if it's to do with Morecambe's finances. Good luck to him whatever.

since-1969

• VSC Member
« Reply #3 on June 05, 2019, 02:00:13 pm by since-1969 »
We have kept up the long tradition of turning out quality players to maintain their careers in football .
« Last Edit: June 05, 2019, 04:17:37 pm by since-1969 »

Move DRFC

• Forum Member
« Reply #4 on June 05, 2019, 02:45:41 pm by Move DRFC »
He's more than good enough for the Conference.

donny dave

• Forum Member
« Reply #5 on June 05, 2019, 02:57:02 pm by donny dave »
He will be one of the better players  and I hope he does well.

jackthelad

• Forum Member
« Reply #6 on June 05, 2019, 03:00:58 pm by jackthelad »
He's more than good enough for the Conference.

If he can be arsed.

stuey

• Forum Member
« Reply #7 on June 05, 2019, 05:49:03 pm by stuey »
About his level

drfchound

• Forum Member
« Reply #8 on June 05, 2019, 05:59:43 pm by drfchound »
Not bad to say that some people said he would probably go to a L1 club this summer.
He should be ok at National league level.

jackthelad

• Forum Member
« Reply #9 on June 05, 2019, 06:04:23 pm by jackthelad »
His career is taking a desperate plight... He needs to really crack on this season or he might be looking for a new trade before he's 25.

Retdon1

• Forum Member
« Reply #10 on June 05, 2019, 07:23:41 pm by Retdon1 »
He has the technical ability to be a good league 1 player, unfortunately it’s his attitude he needs to sort out or he will find himself at frickly or armthorpe in the near future.

DonnyOsmond

• Forum Member
« Reply #11 on June 05, 2019, 08:04:17 pm by DonnyOsmond »
Just been on Chesterfields forum and seen they've linked to this thread, so for any Chesterfield fans wondering. You've got an extremely talented player, the only issue is if he is up for it or if he's been out round town the night before. At his best he won EFL Young Player of the Month with us, got 6 in 7 in the season we went up from League Two but never pushed on. Position-wise I'd probably say he's a Number 10 but can play up front and Morecambe played him wide right last season hence the lack of goals. Looking at his numbers last season he got a fair few assists and created loads of chances but then playing him out wide he isn't the greatest defensively. Also, it depends on if you play football, if the balls flying over his head it wont get the best out of him but play football and if his heads in it he'll be one of the best players in the National League.

Reminds me somewhat of what Grealish was with mentality, but the difference being Grealish grew up.
« Last Edit: June 05, 2019, 08:07:12 pm by DonnyOsmond »

Alickismyhero

• VSC Member
« Reply #12 on June 05, 2019, 09:47:40 pm by Alickismyhero »
Just been on Chesterfields forum and seen they've linked to this thread, so for any Chesterfield fans wondering. You've got an extremely talented player, the only issue is if he is up for it or if he's been out round town the night before. At his best he won EFL Young Player of the Month with us, got 6 in 7 in the season we went up from League Two but never pushed on. Position-wise I'd probably say he's a Number 10 but can play up front and Morecambe played him wide right last season hence the lack of goals. Looking at his numbers last season he got a fair few assists and created loads of chances but then playing him out wide he isn't the greatest defensively. Also, it depends on if you play football, if the balls flying over his head it wont get the best out of him but play football and if his heads in it he'll be one of the best players in the National League.

Reminds me somewhat of what Grealish was with mentality, but the difference being Grealish grew up.

That's an very accurate comment for me Donny and I followed Mandy's performances very closely last season.

vaya

• Forum Member
« Reply #13 on June 05, 2019, 09:58:05 pm by vaya »

That's an very accurate comment for me Donny and I followed Mandy's performances very closely last season.

No. Really?

sedwardsdrfc

• Forum Member
« Reply #14 on June 05, 2019, 10:01:09 pm by sedwardsdrfc »
I'd worry for him that Beestin a similar type of player, technically good but no pace or physicality, went to chesterfield last season and never got much of a look in. Mandeville seemed to have more goals in him than Beestin though so fingers crossed he get chance to show it.

drfcdrfc

• Forum Member
« Reply #15 on June 05, 2019, 10:06:02 pm by drfcdrfc »

To the point he's got a restraining order.

Chris Black come back

• Forum Member
« Reply #16 on June 05, 2019, 10:18:35 pm by Chris Black come back »

Pointless post. Only dial-up internet in North Derbyshire so they will still be waiting next season to download that otherwise excellent summary. Try getting it on Ceefax for them to read instead.

ZiggerZagger

• VSC Member
« Reply #17 on June 05, 2019, 11:03:18 pm by ZiggerZagger »
Can remember being sat in the east stand against Grimsby? Chatting to one of Evertons scouts. Said he'd seen Mandy several times and today was his final report to Koeman. He said the lad has got it all, ability, skill, tremendous ball control, got no pace but it didn't matter as his football brain makes up for it. There were a few scouts there that game, all must of been well pleased as he scored his 7th in 9/10th game. Rest as they say is history, got injured, head went, lost himself with the wrong people. If he sorts his head out, wouldn't be surprised to see him win best player in thier league. Hope he does or it could be all over for him, shame really.

RoversAlias

• Forum Member
« Reply #18 on June 06, 2019, 02:08:40 am by RoversAlias »
I cannot imagine him turning out for Everton.

Not saying that didn't happen like, just the thought it has conjured in my head is a baffling one.

But then he did look a world beater for that few months in League 2. I thought we had a real diamond on our hands but it just hasn't panned out.

GazLaz

• Forum Member
« Reply #19 on June 06, 2019, 06:44:08 am by GazLaz »
Another one of our youth team graduates who hasn’t kicked in. We just don’t instil the attitude needed to be a good pro into our kids.

Draytonian III

• VSC Member
« Reply #20 on June 06, 2019, 01:38:21 pm by Draytonian III »
Manderville got involved with his agent, which is enough said

TinyPortal © 2005-2012