Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?
May 28, 2024, 08:40:18 pm

Login with username, password and session length

Links

FSA logo

Author Topic: Is this the Day ?  (Read 3279 times)

since-1969

• VSC Member
Is this the Day ?
« on June 28, 2019, 07:55:39 am by since-1969 »
When we can cash our betting slip in 🤪
Latest odds with Skybet:
Steven Robinson fav
Steve Evans 6/4
Roy Keane 2/1
Richie Wellens 7/1
David Flitcroft 8/1
Darren Moore 9/1
Michael Appleton 11/1
Jimmy Floyd Hasselbaink 16/1
Nigel Adkins 20/1
Uwe Rosler 22/1
David Healy 25/1
Dino Mammria 25/1
Kevin Nolan 25/1
Michael Flynn 25/1
Simon Grayson 25/1
Sol Campbell 25/1
Stuart McCall 25/1
Chris Coleman 33/1
Dave Challinor 33/1
Gary McSheffrey 33/1
James Coppinger 33/1
Lee Carsley 33/1
Mark Cooper 33/1
Paul Raynor 33/1
Sami Hyppiä 33/1
Sean O'Driscoll 33/1
Steve Lovell 33/1
Aidy Boothroyd 40/1
Billy Russell 40/1
Chris Hughton 40/1
Fatih Tekke 40/1
Garry Monk 40/1
Paul Heckingbottom 40/1
Paul Scholes 40/1
Rob Jones 40/1
Stephen Constantine 40/1

(want to hide these ads? Join the VSC today!)

drfchound

• Forum Member
Re: Is this the Day ?
« Reply #1 on June 28, 2019, 07:59:34 am by drfchound »
No.
This is the final day for applications to be in.

MachoMadness

• Forum Member
« Reply #2 on June 28, 2019, 09:15:01 am by MachoMadness »
I imagine the shortlist will be drawn up after 5pm today. We might see some shift in the betting late this evening or over the weekend but the board are usually pretty watertight.

DonnyOsmond

• Forum Member
« Reply #3 on June 28, 2019, 09:18:24 am by DonnyOsmond »
It'll be something like shortlisting over the weekend. Interviews Wednesday/Thursday. Announcement Friday.

Michael Shaw

• Forum Member
« Reply #4 on June 28, 2019, 09:27:10 am by Michael Shaw »
I think McCann had 2 stages of interview and the board said they were going to follow the same process. It took 3 weeks to appoint McCann so I expect a similar time frame. I don't think we will hear who has the job by the end of next week. At best, only who has been recalled for the second interview, but again knowing the board, we still probably won't have any names officially.

Retdon1

• Forum Member
« Reply #5 on June 28, 2019, 09:54:04 am by Retdon1 »
Let’s just hope Gary Caudwell doesn’t make the shortlist this time around

MachoMadness

• Forum Member
« Reply #6 on June 28, 2019, 10:07:00 am by MachoMadness »
I think McCann had 2 stages of interview and the board said they were going to follow the same process. It took 3 weeks to appoint McCann so I expect a similar time frame. I don't think we will hear who has the job by the end of next week. At best, only who has been recalled for the second interview, but again knowing the board, we still probably won't have any names officially.
I believe the board said it'd be a similar process but streamlined, so I doubt it'd take that long.

WSBBA_Ben

• Forum Member
« Reply #7 on June 28, 2019, 11:06:33 am by WSBBA_Ben »
It'll be something like shortlisting over the weekend. Interviews Wednesday/Thursday. Announcement Friday.

This would make sense. I'd be happy with Robinson or Moore. You can probably discredit Keane and Evans, neither of who fit into the Club Doncaster make up.

NickDRFC

• Forum Member
« Reply #8 on June 28, 2019, 11:43:17 am by NickDRFC »

This would make sense. I'd be happy with Robinson or Moore. You can probably discredit Keane and Evans, neither of who fit into the Club Doncaster make up.

I'm not sure about whether we wouldn't hire someone like Keane or Evans if we felt they were the right fit, let's not forget that for our second last appointment we hired someone convicted of assaulting his wife and I'm sure it was similar criteria listed back then.

DonnyOsmond

• Forum Member
« Reply #9 on June 28, 2019, 12:31:02 pm by DonnyOsmond »

I'm not sure about whether we wouldn't hire someone like Keane or Evans if we felt they were the right fit, let's not forget that for our second last appointment we hired someone convicted of assaulting his wife and I'm sure it was similar criteria listed back then.

I'd say it's more Evans transfer record of signing a new team every window and neither of them have got a record with developing players.

mushRTID

• Forum Member
« Reply #10 on June 28, 2019, 12:39:52 pm by mushRTID »
Wonder if any big hitters will have been hanging on to see if anything better became available and then submit at the last minute?

DRNaith

• VSC Member
« Reply #11 on June 28, 2019, 12:53:25 pm by DRNaith »
Wonder if any big hitters will have been hanging on to see if anything better became available and then submit at the last minute?
I would have thought they could always retract their application if Old Trafford come calling ;)

Retdon1

• Forum Member
« Reply #12 on June 28, 2019, 01:14:04 pm by Retdon1 »
I’ve just tweeted skybet for odds on Gareth ainsworth. He’s gone 8th favourite at 14/1... I wouldn’t take much noticed on any odds until the interview stage when names will start to be leaked

MachoMadness

• Forum Member
« Reply #13 on June 28, 2019, 01:39:06 pm by MachoMadness »
Martin O'Neill's just resigned. Probably had the same thought. Still time to get that CV in lad!

silent majority

• VSC Member
« Reply #14 on June 28, 2019, 02:00:11 pm by silent majority »

Apparently that's a common approach. Maybe not waiting to see if anything else crops up but managers who are already in work, assistant managers and coaches as well, deliberate if they wish to make an application. It's why the club run the advert for a whole week.

One_Matty_Lucas

• Forum Member
« Reply #15 on June 28, 2019, 02:31:34 pm by One_Matty_Lucas »

Apparently that's a common approach. Maybe not waiting to see if anything else crops up but managers who are already in work, assistant managers and coaches as well, deliberate if they wish to make an application. It's why the club run the advert for a whole week.

I would also imagine it isn't just submitting a CV and a cover page, but a dossier about how they would change things etc. Candidates need a week to review the tapes and prepare their application.

since-1969

• VSC Member
« Reply #16 on June 30, 2019, 10:56:29 am by since-1969 »
If Robinson is a target who makes the first move , if it’s Rovers do they still expect him to submit a  C V ? It will be interesting to know of the list how many actually applied .
« Last Edit: June 30, 2019, 10:54:50 pm by since-1969 »

TinyPortal © 2005-2012