Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?
June 08, 2024, 03:25:59 pm

Login with username, password and session length

Links

FSA logo

Author Topic: Whos going to be Moore's first signing  (Read 35762 times)

DonnyBazR0ver

• VSC Member
Re: Whos going to be Moore's first signing
« Reply #270 on July 23, 2019, 04:34:34 pm by DonnyBazR0ver »
Such teasers aren't they!

(want to hide these ads? Join the VSC today!)

scunny rover

• Forum Member
« Reply #271 on July 23, 2019, 04:43:43 pm by scunny rover »
Oh I'm on the edge of my seat

the vicar

• Forum Member
« Reply #272 on July 23, 2019, 05:35:14 pm by the vicar »
Well, a little more than 10 days before the first game, and still no sign of anyone coming in.

As I've said, IMO our starting 11 is average at best, with absolutely no squad depth should anyone get injured.

I can't make the meeting tonight, however if I could, I'd be asking how many players Moore believes he needs to add to have a competitive league one squad. IMO has to be a minimum of 5 more maybe more.

The board stated its their aim to finish top 2 this season. That just sounds laughable at the moment, there's no evidence anywhere that suggests we are capable of this.

Did you read GB on the DFP website yesterday.?

I assume you didn’t but basically GB is saying funds are available to support the new manager..

Try to have a little patience, the transfer window is open until September..

We have 6 league games before September, we don’t want to beplaying catch up

I would expect some players to arrive before the season starts, just like most fans do.

Then maybe a couple more before the window ends.

We may be a little short for the start of the season but isn’t it better to get the right players, rather than any players.??
we realy need players to be playing I a couple of friendly gamed to get a bit of sharpness into them and so they know the system

goalkick

• Forum Member
« Reply #273 on July 23, 2019, 05:47:08 pm by goalkick »
Having been to Grimsby and seen nothing that gives confidence.i know it's a friendly.we look weak as a side.several of our squad from last year have departed leaving us with players who struggled to make the first team last year.its ok saying will improve and give them a chance.but will they improve.kiwoma as an example.god forbid early injuries.i hope dm has got it hand.i think most of the fans have faith and not start the season without a strong line up.

sha66y

• Forum Member
« Reply #274 on July 23, 2019, 06:35:12 pm by sha66y »
I must be the only one who doesn’t care one way or the other whether we sign anyone at all, I don’t fear losing like some.... i will go watch them week in week out and enjoy every win, ponder and deconstruct every draw, and lament the loss.....

And I will hopefully see some young diamonds begin to shine, I care little for paid success, that’s why last season was quite remarkable...

I want a manager to “Manage”, and go with him on his journey....

the vicar

• Forum Member
« Reply #275 on July 23, 2019, 06:48:03 pm by the vicar »
Quote from: DonnyBazR0ver I don't seeilink=topic=273141.msg882104#msg882104 date=1563893321
Well, a little more than 10 days before the first game, and still no sign of anyone coming in.

As I've said, IMO our starting 11 is average at best, with absolutely no squad depth should anyone get injured.

I can't make the meeting tonight, however if I could, I'd be asking how many players Moore believes he needs to add to have a competitive league one squad. IMO has to be a minimum of 5 more maybe more.

The board stated its their aim to finish top 2 this season. That just sounds laughable at the moment, there's no evidence anywhere that suggests we are capable of this.

Did you read GB on the DFP website yesterday.?

I assume you didn’t but basically GB is saying funds are available to support the new manager..

Try to have a little patience, the transfer window is open until September..

We have 6 league games before September, we don’t want to beplaying catch up

I would expect some players to arrive before the season starts, just like most fans do.

Then maybe a couple more before the window ends.

We may be a little short for the start of the season but isn’t it better to get the right players, rather than any players.??

I think we’ve wasted valuable time, Gavin said himself there was a wow factor when Moore applied but we still went through a three week process to appoint him 3 weeks wasted. Running up to Moore’s appointment we were told we had a whole raft of signings ready to go, then it comes out the Moore needs time to assess the squad, understandable but you’d think he would have been doing some reasearch during that three week process. And here we are 2 weeks after his appointment, no nearer a full squad and less than 2 weeks to go, 5 weeks wasted, is it any wonder that supporters are starting to get a little worried?

There's trust that DM is working hard behind the scenes, there's concern that we need a couple of key players in before the season starts, then there's panic from a minority and from an even smaller minority there complete senseless childlike tantrums including the usual board bashing!
I don't see any bashing just people concerned about not signing anyone, it is getting a bit close to the season, yes we might be playing some good football against grimsby but with no end product. Most people will be getting more anxious as the days go by,  I think the body's will come in if there is any left after they have been picked over  but we realy do neet to move a lot quicker to appease most of the fans

grayx

• Forum Member
« Reply #276 on July 23, 2019, 06:57:26 pm by grayx »
A couple of quality signings before the weekend and the mood will change.

silent majority

• VSC Member
« Reply #277 on July 23, 2019, 06:58:55 pm by silent majority »
Spent some time today chatting with the club about a range of issues.

Everything is in hand, don't worry!

dickos1

• VSC Member
« Reply #278 on July 23, 2019, 06:59:19 pm by dickos1 »
These things take time.. that was said too

Aye but said it should all be finalised with 24/48 hours.
Anyhow I’m not concerned regarding the assistant manager.
A couple of exciting signings and most, not all will be happy

silent majority

• VSC Member
« Reply #279 on July 23, 2019, 07:06:04 pm by silent majority »
These things take time.. that was said too

Aye but said it should all be finalised with 24/48 hours.
Anyhow I’m not concerned regarding the assistant manager.
A couple of exciting signings and most, not all will be happy

The phrase used was 'hope to have everything finalised within 24/48 hours'. Not quite the same thing.

My understanding is that it's definitely now done, just a matter of putting out an announcement.

Retdon1

• Forum Member
« Reply #280 on July 23, 2019, 07:07:25 pm by Retdon1 »

I know you can’t say specific details but can you expand on what was discussed ?

dknward2

• VSC Member
« Reply #281 on July 23, 2019, 07:11:17 pm by dknward2 »

Bit of positive news hopefully hear something soon

since-1969

• VSC Member
« Reply #282 on July 23, 2019, 08:24:49 pm by since-1969 »
There is no mention of any , Only the desire too. Why is it being left to
GB to talk about this , surly DM is able to
Speak about his plans  as after all he is in charge of all football matters according to GB . 

DonnyOsmond

• Forum Member
« Reply #283 on July 23, 2019, 08:25:35 pm by DonnyOsmond »
Speak about his plans  as after all he is in charge of all football matters according to GB . 

If you went to the AGM tonight you might get answers to that x

DearneValleyRover

• VSC Member
« Reply #284 on July 23, 2019, 08:30:44 pm by DearneValleyRover »

Darren might be a tad busy getting those players in you say we can’t afford

silent majority

• VSC Member
« Reply #285 on July 23, 2019, 08:32:13 pm by silent majority »

I know you can’t say specific details but can you expand on what was discussed ?

We covered an awful lot of ground today, across a lot of different topic areas, which is quite normal for us. But when discussing players it was clear that DM has 4 in his sights, but he will take his time. Some of those he needs are currently on tour etc, so it will take a few days to sort out.

But there's definitely no panicking on the clubs behalf.

dknward2

• VSC Member
« Reply #286 on July 23, 2019, 08:35:24 pm by dknward2 »

If you went to the AGM tonight you might get answers to that x

Hopefully someone will be kind enough to share with those that could make it and hopefully it will be on ifollow

redarmy82

• Forum Member
« Reply #287 on July 23, 2019, 08:35:54 pm by redarmy82 »
Doesnt the club usually do live tweets from these agms? Absolutely nothing so far, other than a couple of photos.

DonnyOsmond

• Forum Member
« Reply #288 on July 23, 2019, 08:36:39 pm by DonnyOsmond »

We covered an awful lot of ground today, across a lot of different topic areas, which is quite normal for us. But when discussing players it was clear that DM has 4 in his sights, but he will take his time. Some of those he needs are currently on tour etc, so it will take a few days to sort out.

I'd be happy with 4.

dknward2

• VSC Member
« Reply #289 on July 23, 2019, 08:37:28 pm by dknward2 »

Course the club aren't panicking Martin they don't won't us to go up and won't spend any money remember 😉

dknward2

• VSC Member
« Reply #290 on July 23, 2019, 08:39:05 pm by dknward2 »
Doesnt the club usually do live tweets from these agms? Absolutely nothing so far, other than a couple of photos.

They live tweet the meet the owners event. But I had hoped they would this if not hoped it's been filmed for I follow or youtube

IDM

• VSC Member
« Reply #291 on July 23, 2019, 08:47:35 pm by IDM »
This wasn’t a meet the owners event it was a supporters club AGM.?

Campsall rover

• Forum Member
« Reply #292 on July 23, 2019, 08:48:20 pm by Campsall rover »
There are some seriously impatient people on here.
We appoint Darren Moore a fantastic coup imo and it would seem to have been a very popular choice from a large majority of our supporters.
Now as he hasn’t signed anyone except Sheaf there is a mass panic by a large number on here.
Do you think DM is happy with the current squad? Give him some credit for heavens sake. What do you you think he has been doing since he arrived?
He has been assessing the strengths and weakness’s of the squad so that he can get the right players to fit the needs of the squad.
Would be a very foolish to just come in and start signing any old so & so just to appease some of you lot in the short term which could turn out to be a disaster.
Let’s get the right players in the time it takes whatever that may entail, not the wrong ones in a hurry.
PATIENCE PATIENCE PATIENCE it will happen.
« Last Edit: July 23, 2019, 10:37:12 pm by Campsall rover »

dknward2

• VSC Member
« Reply #293 on July 23, 2019, 08:58:00 pm by dknward2 »
This wasn’t a meet the owners event it was a supporters club AGM.?

That’s right I was just confirming that they live tweet the meet the owners just giving clarity to redarmy.

Like I say I was hoping that we may get some snippets of info but obviously not unfortunately

Michael Gibson

• Forum Member
« Reply #294 on July 23, 2019, 08:58:48 pm by Michael Gibson »
Well we’re all waiting for this group of quality signings who were lined up to come in, only the amazing will Atkinson has been mentioned, destination championship???????

DonnyOsmond

• Forum Member
« Reply #295 on July 23, 2019, 09:10:39 pm by DonnyOsmond »
Well we’re all waiting for this group of quality signings who were lined up to come in, only the amazing will Atkinson has been mentioned, destination championship???????

Bore off

Campsall rover

• Forum Member
« Reply #296 on July 23, 2019, 09:10:45 pm by Campsall rover »
See my post above. That’s the reason.
The group of signings were GM’s not DM’s that is another reason.

RedJ

• Forum Member
« Reply #297 on July 23, 2019, 09:11:23 pm by RedJ »

You could've gone along tonight and asked questions if you're that arsed.

IDM

• VSC Member
« Reply #298 on July 23, 2019, 09:11:51 pm by IDM »

What the absolute f**k.??

Herbert Anchovy

• Forum Member
« Reply #299 on July 23, 2019, 09:12:37 pm by Herbert Anchovy »

God, give it a rest eh? You’re clearly on a wind up and you’re making yourself look a bit daft now. If you want to troll get yoursen on Twitter

TinyPortal © 2005-2012