Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?
June 08, 2024, 12:39:35 pm

Login with username, password and session length

Links

FSA logo

Author Topic: Other Rovers treasure troves.  (Read 2118 times)

graingrover

• VSC Member
Other Rovers treasure troves.
« on August 07, 2019, 11:14:52 am by graingrover »
Following on from the thread on Rovers programmes which lead me to the excellent website of Hamilton Rover which I highly recommend ,I wonder how many of us have drawers full of old match days DVDs like this .I have quite a few and again would be glad to pass them to the club if they could be used to add to the club’s history and made accessible to fans in some way.

(want to hide these ads? Join the VSC today!)

graingrover

• VSC Member
Re: Other Rovers treasure troves.
« Reply #1 on August 07, 2019, 11:17:42 am by graingrover »
To complete ..

Donnywolf

• VSC Member
« Reply #2 on August 07, 2019, 11:52:22 am by Donnywolf »
We used to have a Sticky (I think) on main Board dedicated to Rovers Videos / CDs

I think Bradford Exile had something to do with it - but memory is hazy sometimes.

Maybe he will confirm

RedJ

• Forum Member
« Reply #3 on August 07, 2019, 12:12:13 pm by RedJ »
It was created by Kenny Senior who turned out to be Rigo I think. Since he asked for all his posts to be removed from the forum, I'd imagine they went along with it.

Glyn_Wigley

• VSC Member
« Reply #4 on August 07, 2019, 12:56:37 pm by Glyn_Wigley »
I can convert DVDs into whatever format is required for a downloadable archive.

bahrain rover

• Forum Member
« Reply #5 on August 07, 2019, 01:18:26 pm by bahrain rover »
It was created by Kenny Senior who turned out to be Rigo I think. Since he asked for all his posts to be removed from the forum, I'd imagine they went along with it.

Has Rigo done one yet again? If so what did I miss??

graingrover

• VSC Member
« Reply #6 on August 07, 2019, 01:47:53 pm by graingrover »
I can convert DVDs into whatever format is required for a downloadable archive.
may I refer to you Glen when I contact the club on this as they may wish to create such an history archive of pre I follow games .

sheffield exile1

• Forum Member
« Reply #7 on August 07, 2019, 02:53:13 pm by sheffield exile1 »
Somewhere i have a video of clips from the 80-90's Calendar/YTV Programme we used to have as sole reference to football outside of Match of the Day. Its raw as in lots of wiggly bits before and after a 30 second to 1.5 minute clip depending on how much action there was. Every week i added from the previous one by pausing and then recording so very crude by todays standards.
Think if we all got together the DVD/other formats and the programme thing might prove some enrichment for all ages of fans, and enjoyment for a lot of us.
My only drawback is I am not from the digital generation so struggle with basics that younger fans will find natural to them. Someone mentioned "hosting" heard of it for example, but I don't think they mean canapes!

RedJ

• Forum Member
« Reply #8 on August 07, 2019, 03:59:03 pm by RedJ »

Has Rigo done one yet again? If so what did I miss??

Missed it myself whatever it was.

Al4475

• VSC Member
« Reply #9 on August 07, 2019, 05:45:26 pm by Al4475 »
Not sure Kenny Senior was Rigo - I think Kenny did fit Rovers with me in 2017 and has since passed on - I may be very wrong though.

My apologies to Kenny if this is the case and he's still alive and well.

hamiltonrover

• Forum Member
« Reply #10 on August 07, 2019, 06:48:34 pm by hamiltonrover »
I have a number of DVD’s from over the years, from memory:
Rochdale away 1990 3-0 Crichton 3 pen saves
Scunny Away 5-0
Wembley
Play off semi -Southend
Also, a lot of season review DVDs

If someone can easily upload to a format that can be shared digitally I am happy to lend for that purpose

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Herbert Anchovy

• Forum Member
« Reply #11 on August 07, 2019, 06:54:14 pm by Herbert Anchovy »
Somewhere in the internet is a brilliant Yorkshire TV documentary on the Rovers from 1981. As I recall it's got interviews with Brenner at home and then pre match interviews with players before an evening game against Bradford when Steve Lister scored a screamer!

Chris Black come back

• Forum Member
« Reply #12 on August 07, 2019, 07:02:59 pm by Chris Black come back »
Worst one was that patronising wazzock Clarkson when we were in conference. Tosser.

MachoMadness

• Forum Member
« Reply #13 on August 07, 2019, 07:03:27 pm by MachoMadness »
Anyone remember that Yorkshire TV documentary on the 03/04 division 3 season? Had quite a bit of good footage of us that season (including a rare sighting of Akinfenwa in a Rovers shirt) on there along with a few other Yorkshire clubs. You'd think given Hull and Huddersfield were on it it'd have found its way onto YouTube by now, but no such luck. Sure I taped it off the telly back then, but the tape is probably in a landfill now!

craigdrfc

• VSC Member
« Reply #14 on August 07, 2019, 08:52:32 pm by craigdrfc »
The brilliant Yorkshire TV doc with Bremner was on YouTube for a while but disappeared a while ago. Ive looked for it since but with no luck as I only got to see it once before it was taken down.

bradford exile

• Forum Member
« Reply #15 on August 07, 2019, 09:07:04 pm by bradford exile »
We used to have a Sticky (I think) on main Board dedicated to Rovers Videos / CDs

I think Bradford Exile had something to do with it - but memory is hazy sometimes.

Maybe he will confirm

Hi mate it definitely wasn't me. I do have quite a few dvd's for yesteryear. a few from the Conference, league 3 (on our return), League 1, of course Leeds at Wembley, Southend (5-1), Crewe (semi final of JPT) and the run in the cup against Man City, Villa and Arsenal.

Also Reason to Believe, Trading Places,They think it's all Rovers and Ashes to Glory.

I used to have a programme called Roxio which was great and so easy to use but when I upgraded to Windows 10 it was not compatible. I tried to buy the new version but the price was stupidly high so I ditched it.

I can copy using windows but it does not have the greatest results.

I spend most of my time these days on My Rovers Exiles group sending out reports and news and that group is up to almost 60 now. Still room though for more if anyone is interested.

Anyone who wants a copy of anything let me know and I will give it a try, but I don't promise a lot.

My best Regards

Ray (Bradford Exile)

RoversDave

• VSC Member
« Reply #16 on August 07, 2019, 09:24:31 pm by RoversDave »
Anyone remember that Yorkshire TV documentary on the 03/04 division 3 season? Had quite a bit of good footage of us that season (including a rare sighting of Akinfenwa in a Rovers shirt) on there along with a few other Yorkshire clubs. You'd think given Hull and Huddersfield were on it it'd have found its way onto YouTube by now, but no such luck. Sure I taped it off the telly back then, but the tape is probably in a landfill now!

That was called 3 up who's down. York City were well featured in it too.

TinyPortal © 2005-2012