Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?
May 29, 2024, 04:24:21 am

Login with username, password and session length

Links

FSA logo

Author Topic: Muddy waters ?  (Read 2530 times)

Avsuptem

• Forum Member
Muddy waters ?
« on August 14, 2019, 06:11:26 pm by Avsuptem »
Club Doncaster. Does anyone of the erudite contributors to this forum have any knowledge of what can be seen under the corporate skirts of Club Doncaster ? And where is DRFC positioned in the accounting organogram ? The reason I ask is because it appears that there are elements of this structure that must be earning serious amounts of profit from activities that take place at the Keepmoat and from the the educational programmes. Given that the lease on Keepmoat Stadium is, as far I am  aware,  an asset of the football club surely this should mean that profits from other activities should go to support the playing budget.  Or, alternatively, does the football club run as a separate entity that strives to be self sustaining based solely on football related revenues ? Just asking.

(want to hide these ads? Join the VSC today!)

Sprotyrover

• Forum Member
Re: Muddy waters ?
« Reply #1 on August 14, 2019, 06:29:19 pm by Sprotyrover »
Don't you mean you are sticking your nose in, that's how your  post reads!

silent majority

• VSC Member
« Reply #2 on August 14, 2019, 06:39:36 pm by silent majority »
Club Doncaster. Does anyone of the erudite contributors to this forum have any knowledge of what can be seen under the corporate skirts of Club Doncaster ? And where is DRFC positioned in the accounting organogram ? The reason I ask is because it appears that there are elements of this structure that must be earning serious amounts of profit from activities that take place at the Keepmoat and from the the educational programmes. Given that the lease on Keepmoat Stadium is, as far I am  aware,  an asset of the football club surely this should mean that profits from other activities should go to support the playing budget.  Or, alternatively, does the football club run as a separate entity that strives to be self sustaining based solely on football related revenues ? Just asking.

The profits are given to DRFC. Most of it is classed as commercial income.

The foundation is a charity and can't be run for profit. And they hold the lease on the Keepmoat, not DRFC.

MachoMadness

• Forum Member
« Reply #3 on August 14, 2019, 08:39:05 pm by MachoMadness »
Thought this was gonna be a classic blues thread to lift the atmosphere around this place. Disappointing.

wilts rover

• Forum Member
« Reply #4 on August 14, 2019, 08:45:31 pm by wilts rover »
Clearly some people need help in getting their mojo working...

since-1969

• VSC Member
« Reply #5 on August 14, 2019, 08:51:22 pm by since-1969 »
The king of the blues ..

scawsby steve

• Forum Member
« Reply #6 on August 14, 2019, 09:26:18 pm by scawsby steve »
Seen him live in 1965; shows what an old tw*t I am.

richtherover

• Forum Member
« Reply #7 on August 15, 2019, 03:06:12 am by richtherover »
Woke up this mornin'
Blues all around my head
When a voice inside of me said
Relax it's really all white and red.

Michael Shaw

• Forum Member
« Reply #8 on August 15, 2019, 07:42:17 am by Michael Shaw »

It would be nice if someone could ask a question without all the usual sarcasm and arguments, but we can rely on you to help out.
There is little we understand about how the club integrates, and how the finances work when it is all behind closed doors. I have many sensible questions I would like answers to, but no sense in asking on this sort of site.
I didn't know that the foundation holds the lease on the Keepmoat, and not DRFC. I am sure the board have some crafty reason for that, but then they are businessmen.

Nudga

• Forum Member
« Reply #9 on August 15, 2019, 07:49:03 am by Nudga »

It would be nice if someone could ask a question without all the usual sarcasm and arguments, but we can rely on you to help out.
There is little we understand about how the club integrates, and how the finances work when it is all behind closed doors. I have many sensible questions I would like answers to, but no sense in asking on this sort of site.
I didn't know that the foundation holds the lease on the Keepmoat, and not DRFC. I am sure the board have some crafty reason for that, but then they are businessmen.

It's a charitable organisation, different tax benefits I would assume.

DonnyBazR0ver

• VSC Member
« Reply #10 on August 15, 2019, 07:54:11 am by DonnyBazR0ver »
Very smart reason I would say! Very smart for the future of Doncaster sport.

vaya

• Forum Member
« Reply #11 on August 15, 2019, 07:55:23 am by vaya »

Odd that the conclusion should be reached that this is 'crafty'

Michael Shaw

• Forum Member
« Reply #12 on August 15, 2019, 08:05:59 am by Michael Shaw »
Crafty, clever, smart, call it what you like but it is a shrewd business decision that probably has tax benefits. I have no issue with that and commenting on my use of "crafty" is just pedantic. Good for Rovers.

DRNaith

• VSC Member
« Reply #13 on August 15, 2019, 08:15:49 am by DRNaith »
Taking your spirit of non-sarcastic replies:

Have you ever asked about this anywhere other than on this supporters' forum? Meet the owners meetings for example, or written to or emailed Gavin?

Michael Shaw

• Forum Member
« Reply #14 on August 15, 2019, 08:30:04 am by Michael Shaw »
Having been to Walt Disney World over 30 times it's not walking around the park I enjoyed the most, it's the "behind the scenes" tours which explains the tricks and secrets of the parks and how it all works. I would love to spend a week with Darren, Gavin or TB seeing  how everything works. I have far to many questions to ask at the MTO meetings or ask Gavin.   

vaya

• Forum Member
« Reply #15 on August 15, 2019, 08:38:27 am by vaya »
Having been to Walt Disney World over 30 times it's not walking around the park I enjoyed the most, it's the "behind the scenes" tours which explains the tricks and secrets of the parks and how it all works. I would love to spend a week with Darren, Gavin or TB seeing  how everything works. I have far to many questions to ask at the MTO meetings or ask Gavin.   

Duck!

big fat yorkshire pudding

• VSC Member
« Reply #16 on August 15, 2019, 09:26:29 am by big fat yorkshire pudding »

As someone who used to work at WDW I do see your point it is kind of cool (with the exception of the pay, hours and having to deal with the guests) and having worked there it is no less enjoyable going on holiday there for me.

I suspect from what friends of mind have said this differs in football, it would spoil your enjoyment and it's much better not being too vested and just enjoying a Saturday afternoon watching a game.

IDM

• VSC Member
« Reply #17 on August 15, 2019, 09:39:50 am by IDM »
An old mate of mine, back in the bbc 606 forum days was a Southend supporter.  Got a job there in the accounts team, put him right off just watching the football by being too closely involved..

Glyn_Wigley

• VSC Member
« Reply #18 on August 15, 2019, 09:46:35 am by Glyn_Wigley »

Far too many questions to put in an e-mail?

Rovers Return

• VSC Member
« Reply #19 on August 15, 2019, 10:51:55 am by Rovers Return »
An old footy manager of mine when I was younger used to say “ the closer you get to football the less you’ll like it”. Having been involved at a similar level and knowing people in positions of even more knowledgeable access he was absolutely correct. I now just don’t have the enthusiasm to read, comment or consider the comments often posted on here by... I’ll say naive fans. Like “ we should have held onto Marquis until we could find a replacement”, we should just go out and get another striker”, “ offer them a bigger contract now” “ the board are not football people “, . Unfortunately footballers are human beings and as in all walks of life some of them are not overly clever and some are just downright w**kers, or very troublesome at best. Just like in your work environment, he might be good at his job, but he’s a virus in your company and everybody is chuffed to death when he’s gone. I have to look after over a dozen guys and it’s like a kindergarten and I’m their Dad. Often listening to childish tantrums that grown men shouldn’t have. Some get their wives involved 🙄 and her opinions. It’s the same in a footy club. You can bend over backwards, treat them with respect and kid gloves and look after them. Mostly they will turnaround and shit on you for their own gain and say something like “ I’m not going to work (play) for you today and you know that company (football club) that are your rival? Well I’m going to work (play) for them and if you don’t let me out of my notice period ( contract) then I’ll go on the sick ( injury list) until you do.

Now then I’m going camping where did I put my tent (M******) 🙄
« Last Edit: August 15, 2019, 04:13:33 pm by Rovers Return »

bedale rover

• VSC Member
« Reply #20 on August 15, 2019, 12:35:05 pm by bedale rover »
The king of the blues ..

McKinley Morganfield to give his proper name

I have "Mannish Boy" as my ringtone!

TinyPortal © 2005-2012