Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?
June 11, 2024, 10:10:31 am

Login with username, password and session length

Links

FSA logo

Author Topic: Take a Bow, Darren Moore  (Read 2640 times)

Alan Southstand

• Forum Member
Take a Bow, Darren Moore
« on September 07, 2019, 03:29:25 pm by Alan Southstand »
If we’ve had a better manager, I’d like to meet him!

Totally sussed Rotherham out and made the changes at half time and a bit of jigging with the others and we just got better and better.

Still need that illusive No9 for games like that, as Sterling found it hard going in the first half. Hope the young man is ok.

Well done - everyone.

(want to hide these ads? Join the VSC today!)

Canadian Rover

• Forum Member
Re: Take a Bow, Darren Moore
« Reply #1 on September 07, 2019, 03:31:41 pm by Canadian Rover »
Ennis.

I'd keep with this lad regardless.

sha66y

• Forum Member
« Reply #2 on September 07, 2019, 03:33:22 pm by sha66y »
Agree...Ennis is a different type of no9 ....

glosterred

• VSC Member
« Reply #3 on September 07, 2019, 03:39:43 pm by glosterred »
Not sure he would have made the change and put Ennis on at half time had he, Sterling, not been injured. Saw him limping at the end when he came on to congratulate the players at the final whistle.

COYR

Filo

• VSC Member
« Reply #4 on September 07, 2019, 03:40:33 pm by Filo »
Not sure he would have made the change and put Ennis on at half time had he, Sterling, not been injured. Saw him limping at the end when he came on to congratulate the players at the final whistle.

COYR

Dead leg

GazLaz

• Forum Member
« Reply #5 on September 07, 2019, 05:15:38 pm by GazLaz »
I’d still like to see us start games better though, we were completely passive and outworked in the first half.

Absolutely superb in the the second.

I’d also like to see Daz acknowledge the south stand, they were fantastic and played their part in the second half.

Reesielad

• Forum Member
« Reply #6 on September 07, 2019, 05:16:58 pm by Reesielad »
I’d still like to see us start games better though, we were completely passive and outworked in the first half.

I’d also like to see Daz acknowledge the south stand, they were fantastic and played their part in the second half.

Big Dave could watch the game from home on FaceTime for me as long as he keeps the results coming in

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Alan Southstand

• Forum Member
« Reply #7 on September 07, 2019, 05:19:52 pm by Alan Southstand »
Listened to his interview on Radio Sheffield, on the way home, and he was absolutely spot on. Gave a lot of praise to young Ennis, for his impact on the game.

andyst79

• Forum Member
« Reply #8 on September 07, 2019, 05:19:58 pm by andyst79 »
It was scrappy to start off with which suited Rotherham, a typical Derby really. They worked hard off the ball and pressed us high up the pitch but tired in the 2nd half. To be fair they only really looked dangerous from set pieces

Bessie Red

• Forum Member
« Reply #9 on September 07, 2019, 05:24:53 pm by Bessie Red »

I thought we started quite well today and then they improved & dominated the last 20 of the 1st half. I agree though that we were the better team 2nd half once the changes were made.

Campsall rover

• Forum Member
« Reply #10 on September 07, 2019, 06:43:21 pm by Campsall rover »

I thought we started quite well today and then they improved & dominated the last 20 of the 1st half. I agree though that we were the better team 2nd half once the changes were made.
Agree we started very much on the front foot without any end product.
Rotherham only had one attempt on target all game, the goal.
We were the bigger threat and deserved to win. No question to me and trying not to be biased.
« Last Edit: September 07, 2019, 08:20:21 pm by Campsall rover »

drfcsteve

• Forum Member
« Reply #11 on September 07, 2019, 08:12:11 pm by drfcsteve »
If we’ve had a better manager, I’d like to meet him!

Totally sussed Rotherham out and made the changes at half time and a bit of jigging with the others and we just got better and better.

Still need that illusive No9 for games like that, as Sterling found it hard going in the first half. Hope the young man is ok.

Well done - everyone.

SoD

Alan Southstand

• Forum Member
« Reply #12 on September 07, 2019, 08:14:59 pm by Alan Southstand »
2nd to DM, for me, drfcsteve.

mushRTID

• Forum Member
« Reply #13 on September 07, 2019, 08:17:31 pm by mushRTID »
What he has done, in the time he has, has been nothing short of unbelievable given the state that arsehole left us in.

Chris Black come back

• Forum Member
« Reply #14 on September 07, 2019, 08:17:47 pm by Chris Black come back »
Moore has had a great start but wtf he has managed us for less than ten games?! Now he is our greatest ever manager! From what I have seen this season we are looking very good but bit early to be shoving Doherty, Bremner and SOD out the door lads.

NewDonny

• Forum Member
« Reply #15 on September 07, 2019, 08:27:43 pm by NewDonny »

Agreed, we were toothless for the first 60 minutes.

steve@dcfd

• Forum Member
« Reply #16 on September 07, 2019, 08:28:51 pm by steve@dcfd »

Agreed, we were toothless for the first 60 minutes.

Ho that’s when you or your lad came on so obvious or by the way tell him to put his shots lower to make the keeper save them.

RobTheRover

• VSC Member
« Reply #17 on September 07, 2019, 08:37:53 pm by RobTheRover »
The subs changed the game for me, along with trying not to give as many free kicks away in the 2nd half.  We must have given about 10 free kicks away in the first half. Can't do that against big sides like Rotherham and expect to keep the ball out of the net.

DonnyBazR0ver

• VSC Member
« Reply #18 on September 08, 2019, 09:04:01 am by DonnyBazR0ver »
Some of those free kicks were very dubious including the one they scored from. Their player trod on the ball!

Each game everyone is learning more and with DM being such a good coach, they should be able to work out the opposition a little bit quicker. Sometimes, when teams are having spells, it's just a case of being disciplined doing the basics well and not conceding. Not easy though when the opposition stops you playing with niggly fouls including late ones and benefit from set pieces of their own. We have to find ways of killing their momentum during games by a little time wasting or diversionary tactics.

I think we have a job on our hands for a no 9 to give what Ennis does already. Anichebe must be thinking it's going to be hard work and I'm not sure he or many others could play with that enthusiasm and commitment and turn it into good centre forward play.

TinyPortal © 2005-2012