Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?
June 10, 2024, 11:30:13 pm

Login with username, password and session length

Links

FSA logo

Author Topic: Bogey team  (Read 2563 times)

scawsby steve

• Forum Member
Bogey team
« on September 23, 2019, 03:19:59 pm by scawsby steve »
I've only just realised what a bogey team we've become to Peterborough. It's now 4 seasons since they last beat us.

Just another reason why we've obviously got under their skin.

(want to hide these ads? Join the VSC today!)

Monkcaster_Rover

• VSC Member
Re: Bogey team
« Reply #1 on September 23, 2019, 03:24:02 pm by Monkcaster_Rover »
Believe last time they beat us was when Stuckmann went down slower than the Titanic at an attempt from outside the box.

Christ.
« Last Edit: September 23, 2019, 04:25:10 pm by Monkcaster_Rover »

Dutch Uncle

• VSC Member
« Reply #2 on September 23, 2019, 03:51:46 pm by Dutch Uncle »
Believe last time we beat us was when Stuckmann went down slower than the Titanic at an attempt from outside the box.

Christ.

Sadly Monkcaster I have seen many a match where we were the architects of our own downfall   :laugh:

Monkcaster_Rover

• VSC Member
« Reply #3 on September 23, 2019, 04:25:50 pm by Monkcaster_Rover »
Believe last time we beat us was when Stuckmann went down slower than the Titanic at an attempt from outside the box.

Christ.

Sadly Monkcaster I have seen many a match where we were the architects of our own downfall   :laugh:

Christ. I even proof read that before I posted it.

Cheers DU!

Branton Rover

• VSC Member
« Reply #4 on September 23, 2019, 04:32:04 pm by Branton Rover »
We are Aston Villa’s bogey team they’ve played 11 times in Donny & haven’t won yet - quite a remarkable stat when you think about it

Dutch Uncle

• VSC Member
« Reply #5 on September 23, 2019, 04:47:06 pm by Dutch Uncle »

Christ.

Christ. I even proof read that before I posted it.

Cheers DU!

Sorry Monkcaster - couldn't resist it.  :thumbsup:

i_ateallthepies

• VSC Member
« Reply #6 on September 23, 2019, 06:34:06 pm by i_ateallthepies »
We are Aston Villa’s bogey team they’ve played 11 times in Donny & haven’t won yet - quite a remarkable stat when you think about it

Is that only league games, Branton?  I have long remembered a cup game against Villa around 69/70 at OBV where for the only time in my life I went in the cowshed.  Beat us 3-1 if this ageing memory serves me right.  Somebody please put me right if wrong.

drfchound

• Forum Member
« Reply #7 on September 23, 2019, 06:43:41 pm by drfchound »

Is that only league games, Branton?  I have long remembered a cup game against Villa around 69/70 at OBV where for the only time in my life I went in the cowshed.  Beat us 3-1 if this ageing memory serves me right.  Somebody please put me right if wrong.

It was 1970 mate and was a division three game.
Villa won 3-2.

i_ateallthepies

• VSC Member
« Reply #8 on September 23, 2019, 06:50:10 pm by i_ateallthepies »
Thanks, Hound.  Only got two thing wrong then  :rolleyes:  not bad form for me  :lol:  cheers.

1879Rovers

• Forum Member
« Reply #9 on September 23, 2019, 06:54:43 pm by 1879Rovers »

A

It was 1970 mate and was a division three game.
Villa won 3-2.

it was at Villa Park. Unbeaten in seven games against them at home.

drfchound

• Forum Member
« Reply #10 on September 23, 2019, 06:56:06 pm by drfchound »

Are you sure about that Branton.

If you look at the Rovers v Aston Villa 11v11 site it doesn’t show anything like that.
We have only ever played them 12 times (according to the site) and they show seven matches with us as the home team.
This includes the five game FA Cup marathon in 1955.
Three of the five have us down as the home team but as it was before my time (and I can’t find  a confirmation online) I don’t know whether any of the replays were on neutral grounds which sometimes happened back then.

Someone on here will know no doubt.

Villa haven’t won in Doncaster though as you said.
« Last Edit: September 23, 2019, 07:07:29 pm by drfchound »

Dutch Uncle

• VSC Member
« Reply #11 on September 23, 2019, 07:00:22 pm by Dutch Uncle »

If you look at the Rovers v Aston Villa 11v11 site it doesn’t show anything like that.
We have only ever played them 12 times (according to the site) and they show six matches with us as the home team.
Three of the five have us down as the home team but as it was before my time (and I can’t find  a confirmation online) I don’t know whether any of the replays were on neutral grounds which sometimes happened back then.

The last three replays were at Maine Road, Hillsborough and The Hawthorns.

drfchound

• Forum Member
« Reply #12 on September 23, 2019, 07:02:31 pm by drfchound »

We have only ever played them 12 times (according to the site) and they show six matches with us as the home team.

Just found out about the cup game replays.
Two of the games which have us down as the home team were played at neutral grounds, Maine Road and the Hawthornes.
So in actual fact, Villa have only played us in Donny five times.

tommy toes

• Forum Member
« Reply #13 on September 23, 2019, 07:25:06 pm by tommy toes »
I was at the Villa AWAY league game which we lost 3-2. Andy Lochead scored either two or all three for them.
We beat them 2-1 at home iirc.

drfchound

• Forum Member
« Reply #14 on September 23, 2019, 07:29:44 pm by drfchound »
Andy Lochead.
I seem to recall him getting a hat trick against us for Burnley in the mid sixties in a 4-0 win for his team.

Dutch Uncle

• VSC Member
« Reply #15 on September 23, 2019, 07:37:28 pm by Dutch Uncle »
Andy Lochead.
I seem to recall him getting a hat trick against us for Burnley in the mid sixties in a 4-0 win for his team.

And in front of the biggest crowd I have been in at Belle Vue - 24988

Bentley Bullet

• VSC Member
« Reply #16 on September 23, 2019, 07:40:49 pm by Bentley Bullet »
There'd have only been 24987 if I hadn't also been there!

Bentley Bullet

• VSC Member
« Reply #17 on September 23, 2019, 07:42:04 pm by Bentley Bullet »
Burnley were top of Division 1 at the time if I remember correctly.

the vicar

• Forum Member
« Reply #18 on September 23, 2019, 09:38:46 pm by the vicar »
you know now we are going to draw villa in the fa Cup at home and are going to hammer us kiss of death

TinyPortal © 2005-2012