Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?
June 09, 2024, 01:07:15 am

Login with username, password and session length

Links

FSA logo

Author Topic: The Development side's game at the Keepmoat tonight will be interesting  (Read 8298 times)

glosterred

• VSC Member

(want to hide these ads? Join the VSC today!)

Pancho Regan

• VSC Member
Good words from McSheffrey, really encouraging to read his verdict on the match and the performance.

He talks a lot of sense, I'm really glad he came back to the club in a coaching capacity.
I always enjoyed watching him play for us. Consistently gave 100%, a great little player.

graingrover

• VSC Member
Interesting to read his comments about the U 23 not having until now received the full focus of attention .DM will surely sort that.

CottyRover

• VSC Member
Re: The Development side's game at the Keepmoat tonight will be interesting
« Reply #63 on September 26, 2019, 02:43:53 pm by CottyRover »
 There's an article in the DFP about how DM is restructuring the set up to get under 23s more game time and bring them on. I'm surprised no one else seems to have referred to it. This must be why it's Gary Mcsheffrey being interviewed. Does anyone know what John Schofield is doing. Have I missed something?

CottyRover

• VSC Member
« Reply #64 on September 26, 2019, 02:49:45 pm by CottyRover »
Just seen the DFP write up of the interview. It says Schofield has been brought more into the first team coaching set up. Thought I'd seen him in the dugout on matchdays.

nightporter

• VSC Member
There's an article in the DFP about how DM is restructuring the set up to get under 23s more game time and bring them on. I'm surprised no one else seems to have referred to it. This must be why it's Gary Mcsheffrey being interviewed. Does anyone know what John Schofield is doing. Have I missed something?
https://www.doncasterfreepress.co.uk/sport/football/doncaster-rovers/doncaster-rovers-darren-moores-plan-get-development-squad-turning-out-first-teamers-634241

Pancho Regan

• VSC Member
Just seen the DFP write up of the interview. It says Schofield has been brought more into the first team coaching set up. Thought I'd seen him in the dugout on matchdays.

Yeah, I'd noticed him more on the touchline for first team games too Cotty.

glosterred

• VSC Member
« Reply #67 on September 26, 2019, 04:42:41 pm by glosterred »
Think he’s been taking the warm up of the team, especially the defenders, at home games all season.

COYR

drfchound

• Forum Member
« Reply #68 on September 26, 2019, 04:44:44 pm by drfchound »

I thought I saw him in the dugout at the U23 match.

steve@dcfd

• Forum Member
« Reply #69 on September 26, 2019, 05:09:36 pm by steve@dcfd »
Both McSheffrey and Schofield were in the dugout on Tuesday night both giving instructions.

Alan Southstand

• Forum Member
It’s strange that nobody else, over the last few seasons, has ever got to grips with this issue. DM seems to have totally got to grips with the problem and, let’s face it, who have we had over the last 3 managers, that has got the required level of experience?

There has definitely been a problem for lads moving up from the u18’s and no-one’s really got to the bottom of why their form seems to go downhill. Some of the responsibility has to be owned by the lads themselves, but some will and some will take the easy route every time.

It can only be a good thing for any youngster looking to move on to bigger and better things and, whilst it may not have an instant impact, I think it can only be good thing long term, if it’s adhered to. Another big tick for DM.

eastender

• VSC Member
« Reply #71 on September 26, 2019, 07:46:52 pm by eastender »

I thought I saw him in the dugout at the U23 match.

You did

idler

• VSC Member
« Reply #72 on September 26, 2019, 07:51:45 pm by idler »
I think that if John Schofield can pass on the hunger, work rate and commitment that he had as a player then it will be a good base for any young lad.
I also don't imagine that he would suffer fools gladly. I'm sure that he also has respect fron DM for his time at Rovers in the 90s.

Pancho Regan

• VSC Member
You're right there Idler.

i remember 'Scolly' as a very committed, hard-working, honest footballer who never gave less than his full effort.
I'm sure he will be passing on that work ethic to the young players.

TinyPortal © 2005-2012