Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?
June 07, 2024, 01:27:50 pm

Login with username, password and session length

Links

FSA logo

Author Topic: Bolton  (Read 13201 times)

adamtherover

• Forum Member
Re: Bolton
« Reply #30 on September 26, 2019, 01:09:16 pm by adamtherover »
Serious point,  if we are at some stage of the season, devastated by injuries etc, and a big game is coming up, whats to stop us, or anyone for that matter just thinking. "sod it, cancel the game, wait for the lads to be fit again,  the EFL done seem to mind!"..  IOts a dangerous precedent if the EFL dont come doewn very hard on Bolton.  A points deduction for them isnt really a punishment this season.  Anything other than a 3 nil win at the very least for us is a farce!

(want to hide these ads? Join the VSC today!)

the vicar

• Forum Member
« Reply #31 on September 26, 2019, 01:29:04 pm by the vicar »
I think if they were going to give us the points they would have done it by now

Retdon1

• Forum Member
« Reply #32 on September 26, 2019, 01:58:53 pm by Retdon1 »
Serious point,  if we are at some stage of the season, devastated by injuries etc, and a big game is coming up, whats to stop us, or anyone for that matter just thinking. "sod it, cancel the game, wait for the lads to be fit again,  the EFL done seem to mind!"..  IOts a dangerous precedent if the EFL dont come doewn very hard on Bolton.  A points deduction for them isnt really a punishment this season.  Anything other than a 3 nil win at the very least for us is a farce!

Then the club in question would no doubt get a points deduction so it would deter all clubs from doing the same

the vicar

• Forum Member
« Reply #33 on September 26, 2019, 02:15:09 pm by the vicar »
If they don't punish Bolton then they are making presedent and a rod for their own back
« Last Edit: September 26, 2019, 03:41:02 pm by the vicar »

Retdon1

• Forum Member
« Reply #34 on September 26, 2019, 02:25:40 pm by Retdon1 »
If they don't punish Bolton then they are making president and a rod for their own back

They will punish them with a points deduction. If they don’t then they have set a dangerous precedent for them selfs.

since-1969

• VSC Member
« Reply #35 on September 26, 2019, 03:31:28 pm by since-1969 »
I still don't understand why the EFL need an independant body to review. Aren't they independent!? not like Bolton are been asked to review and come up with a decision. it should be straight forward
They only have two  choices to make A) deduct 12 pints for their breaches .
B) Deduct 3 points and award the win to Doncaster . Anything else is would be unjustified.

IDM

• VSC Member
« Reply #36 on September 26, 2019, 03:51:22 pm by IDM »
It doesn’t matter how many points Bolton get fined, we should get the 3 points for the forfeit game.

If we don’t, and there is only a points deduction for Bolton, then all the other 21 league one clubs benefit from a situation where only DRFC was wronged..

drfchound

• Forum Member
« Reply #37 on September 26, 2019, 04:42:35 pm by drfchound »
It doesn’t matter how many points Bolton get fined, we should get the 3 points for the forfeit game.

If we don’t, and there is only a points deduction for Bolton, then all the other 21 league one clubs benefit from a situation where only DRFC was wronged..

Yep, they forfeited the match when they decided not to play.
If Bolton get a points deduction and we don’t get any points awarded, logically each team will have one more game added to their played column but we will remain on the same number of points, unless of course the EFL announce a date for us to play them.
That is a massive disadvantage to us as we may as well have been punished also.

selby

• VSC Member
« Reply #38 on September 26, 2019, 05:26:37 pm by selby »
   they will make us play it Hound

Colin C No.3

• VSC Member
« Reply #39 on September 26, 2019, 05:40:38 pm by Colin C No.3 »
We have to stop beating ourselves up on this matter.

Worst case scenario is that we play Bolton on a given date, when they’ll be able to field a far stronger team than on the date they arbitrarily cancelled the fixture, when they could only field a team that was being turned over, game after game, by a 5-0 score line. They will be deducted points & possibly fined, we will not be ‘awarded 3 points’ end of.

My feeling is that will be exactly what happens.

What recourse to we have ? No idea.

DRFCCOYR

• Forum Member
« Reply #40 on September 26, 2019, 05:44:37 pm by DRFCCOYR »
The S*n reckon they're getting another 12 point deduction, due to failing to play us and Brentford https://t.co/2sbYzajfF0?amp=1

PDX_Rover

• VSC Member
« Reply #41 on September 26, 2019, 05:50:41 pm by PDX_Rover »
The ridiculous thing is the answer is obvious and has been since they decided not to play us. You are a no-show and therefore forfeit the points  from the match. The margin of victory is arbitrary but the situation isn’t.

scawsby steve

• Forum Member
« Reply #42 on September 26, 2019, 05:55:09 pm by scawsby steve »
We have to stop beating ourselves up on this matter.

Worst case scenario is that we play Bolton on a given date, when they’ll be able to field a far stronger team than on the date they arbitrarily cancelled the fixture, when they could only field a team that was being turned over, game after game, by a 5-0 score line. They will be deducted points & possibly fined, we will not be ‘awarded 3 points’ end of.

My feeling is that will be exactly what happens.

What recourse to we have ? No idea.

Totally agree with that Colin, which is why the delay is damaging us so much. There are lots of blank midweek spots between now and January to replay the game. After that, the Bolton team will probably be much stronger than it is now.

Not that I fear them, because I don't fear any team in this league with the side we've got now; but the EFL are just making it harder for us the longer this drags on.

NickDRFC

• Forum Member
« Reply #43 on September 26, 2019, 06:07:12 pm by NickDRFC »

If Bolton get a points deduction and we don’t get any points awarded, logically each team will have one more game added to their played column but we will remain on the same number of points, unless of course the EFL announce a date for us to play them.

Hound, are you really suggesting that the EFL might come to the decision to literally do nothing? They are useless but even that is beyond them!

At the absolute minimum Bolton need to be deducted points as a deterrent to any club thinking of doing similar in the future. If that happens and the game is staged at a later date it’s pretty unfair to us still, but unfortunately I think that’s the most likely outcome.

DonnyBazR0ver

• VSC Member
« Reply #44 on September 26, 2019, 06:08:10 pm by DonnyBazR0ver »
Before everyone kicks off the article indicates when the Commission is likely to hear the case and the possible outcome so let's not take this as gospel and wait for the actual outcome.

Alan Southstand

• Forum Member
« Reply #45 on September 26, 2019, 07:32:28 pm by Alan Southstand »
That game will eventually be played so Rovers will not get any free points.

Since when was the ‘Sun’ the independent body? Where has that information come from? The author of that report must be a Bolton supporter!

johnny rovers

• Forum Member
« Reply #46 on September 26, 2019, 07:45:01 pm by johnny rovers »
That game will eventually be played so Rovers will not get any free points.

Since when was the ‘Sun’ the independent body? Where has that information come from? The author of that report must be a Bolton supporter!

From what I heard the other dau, this will be the truth and the fixture will be played

IDM

• VSC Member
« Reply #47 on September 26, 2019, 08:00:20 pm by IDM »
Has the independent panel actually sat yet.?

Padge_DRFC

• Forum Member
« Reply #48 on September 26, 2019, 08:37:30 pm by Padge_DRFC »
Rule should just simply be in this case Bolton played another game 0 points drfc 3 points. People won't forfeit theb for injuries as trying to win is better than guaranteed knowing it gets recorded as a loss.

drfchound

• Forum Member
« Reply #49 on September 26, 2019, 09:33:25 pm by drfchound »

Hound, are you really suggesting that the EFL might come to the decision to literally do nothing? They are useless but even that is beyond them!

At the absolute minimum Bolton need to be deducted points as a deterrent to any club thinking of doing similar in the future. If that happens and the game is staged at a later date it’s pretty unfair to us still, but unfortunately I think that’s the most likely outcome.

No Nick, I wasn’t suggesting that the EFL would do nothing at all.
I was saying that they MIGHT deduct points from Bolton but not award us any.

Interestingly, in that Sun report they do highlight the fact that Brentford were awarded the win for the Bolton no show last season.

Jimmydee

• VSC Member
« Reply #50 on September 26, 2019, 09:42:50 pm by Jimmydee »
Hang on, The Sun and The Independant?
How many Times must our Star (s) be subjected to this drivel?
The Mail man will deliver the news by Telegraph and the Guardians of the league will deliver by Express delivery by Post the correct verdict. The EFL men can’t look at there selves in the Mirror without being embarrassed.
Keep looking in the Free Press to see their opinion.
I’m off now for a drive in my Metro.

Colin C No.3

• VSC Member
« Reply #51 on September 26, 2019, 10:12:20 pm by Colin C No.3 »
Rule should be simply....

Bolton cancelled the fixture, it wasn’t ‘sanctioned’ as a postponement...

There has been a precedent set with Bolton’s failure to fulfil their fixture against Brentford.....

When we next are due to play Bolton we should say that we have an ‘illness’ in the camp so are unable to fulfil the fixture...

Let’s just cancel the fixture when it’s rescheduled & see what the EFL does then...

Enough now, enough.

It is not, never has been & never will be in our hands, as wrong as we all rightly think that to be a massive let down by our governing body.

We can write or email the EFL as I have done & you’ll get the ‘party line’...’The EFL will make a full statement on the issue once it has reviewed, sought independent guidance, been on holiday abroad with the family, got a nice tan, had a few sangrias, got the new reg 4x4 in the garage, squeezed into a suit, farted, driven to EFL’s headquarters, rolled out of the new 4x4 (note to ones self, join EFL’s free gym membership courtesy of position) take lift to top floor, walk into room with 180 degree view of city, squeeze into chair & drop leather case (empty apart from kids drawings of holiday pool & pizza’s) with an air of authority onto table, nod to ‘associates’ as they enter room sporting various depths of tans, look at file already placed on each members seating position, open said file on which first page has written in bold print ‘Bolton Wanderers v Doncaster Rovers cancelled game’. Look up & say, “Sorry, but can anyone remind about this ‘agenda’?....Oh, & why’ll we’re on the subject, Doncaster who?’

Went off piste a tad there, but I think/hope you all catch my drift.

Let’s play em, lets beat em.....whenever.

« Last Edit: September 26, 2019, 10:20:17 pm by Colin C No.3 »

Alan Southstand

• Forum Member
« Reply #52 on September 26, 2019, 11:04:58 pm by Alan Southstand »
And his colleague replied......”I didn’t know Bolton were actually in the same league as the likes of Doncaster”

DonnyBazR0ver

• VSC Member
« Reply #53 on September 27, 2019, 12:12:18 am by DonnyBazR0ver »
We can carry on playing the victim before the outcome has been discussed or delivered if we want.

Bolton will be sanctioned without doubt. The level of sanction remains to be seen.

What will be subject to scrutiny from our perspective is whether we should be 'compensated' for Bolton disregard for the rules and procedures, given we were inconvenienced and financially penalised for fulfilling the fixture up to 12 noon on the day of the game.

The judgement should also order Bolton to pay compensation to DRFC as a minimum.

We also believe we have a strong case to claim the 3 points and if that is not delivered, I'm confident the club will persue this before agreeing to any re;arranged fixture.

DonnyBazR0ver

• VSC Member
« Reply #54 on September 27, 2019, 08:09:23 am by DonnyBazR0ver »
Incidentally. The Disciplinary Commission is appointed by The Football Association not the EFL, who in these matters are 'The Claimant' and Bolton being 'The Respondent'

This may answer why it has taken so long, as once the EFL referred the case to a Disciplinary Commission, the convening of this is out of their hands. The EFL will be invited to attend the Commission hearing along with Bolton.

The Commission determines the outcome, whether guilty of misconduct etc., and impose relevant sanctions including points deductions and ordering 'The Respondent' to pay fines to The EFL and compensation to other clubs.

The Respondents have 14 days to appeal and must pay £1500 for the appeal to be heard by an Arbitration panel/Commission.

I don't think the EFL can recommend a sanction therefore, anything the Sun or other media have come up with can only be guesswork, May be an educated guess based on the rules and previous history. However with this being a relatively unique case (circumstances for both the Brentford and Rovers fixture) , the outcome and sanctions are far from clear cut I would think.

the vicar

• Forum Member
« Reply #55 on September 27, 2019, 10:31:20 am by the vicar »
We can carry on playing the victim before the outcome has been discussed or delivered if we want.

Bolton will be sanctioned without doubt. The level of sanction remains to be seen.

What will be subject to scrutiny from our perspective is whether we should be 'compensated' for Bolton disregard for the rules and procedures, given we were inconvenienced and financially penalised for fulfilling the fixture up to 12 noon on the day of the game.

The judgement should also order Bolton to pay compensation to DRFC as a minimum.

We also believe we have a strong case to claim the 3 points and if that is not delivered, I'm confident the club will persue this before agreeing to any re;arranged fixture.
I don't thik our club will challenge it, I think they will take the easy option and play the game, and not want to upset anyone at the top although we have been greatly hurt

DonnyBazR0ver

• VSC Member
« Reply #56 on September 27, 2019, 10:37:11 am by DonnyBazR0ver »

I don't thik our club will challenge it, I think they will take the easy option and play the game, and not want to upset anyone at the top although we have been greatly hurt

It's not a case of upsetting anyone, it's a case of submitting evidence to support our claim.

IDM

• VSC Member
« Reply #57 on September 27, 2019, 10:43:36 am by IDM »
In the DFP some time ago, it was said we were pressing for the points..

drfchound

• Forum Member
« Reply #58 on September 27, 2019, 10:52:54 am by drfchound »
It wasn’t just the DFP who said it.
Someone on here suggested that we would be pressing for the points too.

IDM

• VSC Member
« Reply #59 on September 27, 2019, 11:04:47 am by IDM »
I meant the DFP reported what the club (GB I think) had said, not the reporter’s opinion..

TinyPortal © 2005-2012