Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?
May 23, 2024, 10:39:39 pm

Login with username, password and session length

Links

FSA logo

Author Topic: Bolton  (Read 13158 times)

adamtherover

• Forum Member
Re: Bolton
« Reply #90 on September 28, 2019, 05:50:17 pm by adamtherover »
How can they award Brentford the points but not us? What’s the difference??

2 differences.

1. The EFL cancelled the Brentford game, not the club. They would not allow either the kids to play on teh saturday, or Brentford to play on the first allowable re-arranged day (ie after the season).
2. Brentford were in a league postition where awarding them 3 points made no difference to any other club. They were still guarenteed to finish in the same league position.

If, and its a huge IF, the three points are awarded to yourselves without the game being played, there will be 20 legal complaints from the other clubs (Coventry would certainly be at the head of the list) , who will be punished by the awarding of yourselves the points.
We will be deducted points, the game will be played later, and whe world will continue as always.

The EFL could come out this very badly if the Independant panel (the FA based on remember) say that the EFL should have postponed the game when asked, in accordance with FA rules, and we do not get deducted any poits, and the game is played later.

is this clown for real?

(want to hide these ads? Join the VSC today!)

DonnyBazR0ver

• VSC Member
« Reply #91 on September 28, 2019, 05:51:04 pm by DonnyBazR0ver »

2 differences.

1. The EFL cancelled the Brentford game, not the club. They would not allow either the kids to play on teh saturday, or Brentford to play on the first allowable re-arranged day (ie after the season).
2. Brentford were in a league postition where awarding them 3 points made no difference to any other club. They were still guarenteed to finish in the same league position.

If, and its a huge IF, the three points are awarded to yourselves without the game being played, there will be 20 legal complaints from the other clubs (Coventry would certainly be at the head of the list) , who will be punished by the awarding of yourselves the points.
We will be deducted points, the game will be played later, and whe world will continue as always.

The EFL could come out this very badly if the Independant panel (the FA based on remember) say that the EFL should have postponed the game when asked, in accordance with FA rules, and we do not get deducted any poits, and the game is played later.

We understand the Brentford game was a different scenario.

You may be right of course except.

20 other legal challenges? Only Doncaster Rovers were scheduled to play Bolton that night.

Doncaster Rovers had to continue preparation for the game up to 12 noon on the day because Bolton opted not to follow procedure In attempting to postpone the game.

Only days before the EFL refused permission for you to postpone the previous game.

The EFL also gave Phil Parkinson permission to sign players on the Friday on a short term basis before in order to avoid having to postpone games. He opted not to.

As a result of the decision our club, and fans, have been financially penalised and inconvenienced.

We as a minimum should be compensated and taking all the above into account, we think the awarding of the points is justified.

OneandOnly

• Forum Member
« Reply #92 on September 28, 2019, 06:04:48 pm by OneandOnly »

2 differences.

How could the EFL come out of this badly exactly? You didn’t even ask the EFL to postpone our match. You sent it out on Twitter when you decided you didn’t fancy it. Like you were, in some way, entitled to do what you want regardless of how it might affect another club and it’s fans.

Don’t give us this kids rubbish. f it was valid then you would have asked the EFL and they would have granted it. You didn’t as you knew the answer. I

You decided not to play a game with no validation to do so from the league. You forfeit the match. End of.

Not a single argument you can come up with has any credibility. You know why? Because you didn’t speak to the league or our club.

We did, and it wasn't granted.

Tell you what.
If it turns out that the club had in fact spoke to the EFL both before and after the Tranmere game about the welfare of youth players,and asking for games to be postponed, I'll let you buy me a pint at your place.
If it turns out they didn't I'll buy you one.

Heres the manager stating that very thing : https://www.bbc.co.uk/sport/football/49383856

I suppose you still want to be treated the same way Brentford were ?

OneandOnly

• Forum Member
« Reply #93 on September 28, 2019, 06:06:14 pm by OneandOnly »

As a result of the decision our club, and fans, have been financially penalised and inconvenienced.

We as a minimum should be compensated and taking all the above into account, we think the awarding of the points is justified.

Agreed on the financial compensation. Disagree on you being given an advantage over every other club in the division.

DonnyBazR0ver

• VSC Member
« Reply #94 on September 28, 2019, 06:16:09 pm by DonnyBazR0ver »

Agreed on the financial compensation. Disagree on you being given an advantage over every other club in the division.

The academy guidelines are mitigating circumstances which may reduce your punishment.

Anyway, that's what the Disciplinary Commission is there for and I hope they take all circumstances into account and achieve a fair ruling for all parties.

dickos1

• VSC Member
« Reply #95 on September 28, 2019, 06:20:52 pm by dickos1 »

2 differences.

How could the EFL come out of this badly exactly? You didn’t even ask the EFL to postpone our match. You sent it out on Twitter when you decided you didn’t fancy it. Like you were, in some way, entitled to do what you want regardless of how it might affect another club and it’s fans.

Don’t give us this kids rubbish. f it was valid then you would have asked the EFL and they would have granted it. You didn’t as you knew the answer. I

You decided not to play a game with no validation to do so from the league. You forfeit the match. End of.

Not a single argument you can come up with has any credibility. You know why? Because you didn’t speak to the league or our club.

Tell you what.
If it turns out that the club had in fact spoke to the EFL both before and after the Tranmere game about the welfare of youth players,and asking for games to be postponed, I'll let you buy me a pint at your place.

Heres the manager stating that very thing : https://www.bbc.co.uk/sport/football/49383856

But Parkinson was given permission to sign players on short term deals but he chose not to and chose to use the kids.
So it was his decision, and then used it as an excuse not to play

PDX_Rover

• VSC Member
« Reply #96 on September 28, 2019, 06:23:08 pm by PDX_Rover »
The fact remains that Bolton took it on themselves to refuse to fulfill an official fixture, without going through the correct route. Essentially they didn’t show up.

Forfeit the points. End of story.

OneandOnly

• Forum Member
« Reply #97 on September 28, 2019, 06:28:20 pm by OneandOnly »
The fact remains that Bolton took it on themselves to refuse to fulfill an official fixture, without going through the correct route. Essentially they didn’t show up.

So do you want to be treated the same as Brentford ?

DonnyBazR0ver

• VSC Member
« Reply #98 on September 28, 2019, 06:32:15 pm by DonnyBazR0ver »
What also ranks with us is the total disrespect and disregard for our club and fans the way Bolton went about it. No apology even. Did Phil Parkinson even attempt to speak to Darren Moore man to man to apologise and explain things? No.

5 on Tour

• Forum Member
« Reply #99 on September 28, 2019, 06:37:25 pm by 5 on Tour »

2 differences.

Tell you what.

Did you just make a bet proving my point? You asked for the Tranmere game to be postponed. They said no. After the match your gaffer spoke to the EFL about it. He didn’t ask to postpone our game. The EFL stated they had received no communication requesting the postponement our game.

You can’t honestly think your club have acted correctly? If so you’re deluded. You ignored all my other points about not talking to us and not respecting our club or fans. Is it because you’re ignorant or arrogant or both?

We all hope you enjoy league 2!

firestarter

• Forum Member
« Reply #100 on September 28, 2019, 06:45:30 pm by firestarter »
Tantamount to cheating in my eyes .

OneandOnly

• Forum Member
« Reply #101 on September 28, 2019, 06:48:47 pm by OneandOnly »
What also ranks with us is the total disrespect and disregard for our club and fans the way Bolton went about it. No apology even. Did Phil Parkinson even attempt to speak to Darren Moore man to man to apologise and explain things? No.

I don't know. And I guess neither do you.
Theres been nothing suggest he did. Therefore its impossible that he didn't. And that would not sound like Phil Parkinson - crap manager - tremendous bloke.
So I'll take your word for it that they have not spoken in the last 6 weeks or so.

Bristol Red Rover

• Forum Member
« Reply #102 on September 28, 2019, 07:31:09 pm by Bristol Red Rover »
OneandOnly

Some of your 19 year olds playing twice in a week. This is the official excuse as far as I understand, although frequently maniplulated by saying three times in a week. Now isn't a week 7 days, since god created the earth as far as I know, except in Bolton in August 2019 - funny that.

You had enough players to field a team of over 18s whereby none played twice in a week. You could have also signed players from lower clubs. Do you acknowledge Parkinson was given permission to sign players as mentioned above?

dickos1

• VSC Member
« Reply #103 on September 28, 2019, 07:38:58 pm by dickos1 »
He seemingly wishes to keep ignoring that very point

OneandOnly

• Forum Member
« Reply #104 on September 28, 2019, 07:45:32 pm by OneandOnly »
OneandOnly

Some of your 19 year olds playing twice in a week. This is the official excuse as far as I understand, although frequently maniplulated by saying three times in a week. Now isn't a week 7 days, since god created the earth as far as I know, except in Bolton in August 2019 - funny that.

You had enough players to field a team of over 18s whereby none played twice in a week. You could have also signed players from lower clubs. Do you acknowledge Parkinson was given permission to sign players as mentioned above?

I know he was given permission to sign two players the morning of the Wycombe game (week one).
I also know that the administrators refused to sign any other players during the admin (if the club didnt get sold, the administrators themselves would be responsible for the contracts, as they were not an existing commited expense on the day the club entered administration - See Hobbs, Jack).
I also know that players will not sign a short term contract before the end of the window (and why would they?).

So, whilst I understand your point on that, as always its not quite so simple.I wish it had of been.

And once again, despite getting shedloads of abuse, my club was in the wrong. There Ive said it. Again.

The only thing we really disagree with is the awarding the points to yourselves. That would be wrong.

Can you confirm you want to be treated the same as Brentford ?

dickos1

• VSC Member
« Reply #105 on September 28, 2019, 07:49:16 pm by dickos1 »
Why would it be wrong if you forfeited the game? Parkinson said he asked the administrator if he could make some signings but they never got back to him so he then asked the EFL himself and was told he could.
This was the week before our game

He chose not to.
Hence you forfeited the match, if you forfeit the match then the opposition gets awarded the game

drfc1951

• Forum Member
« Reply #106 on September 28, 2019, 07:57:28 pm by drfc1951 »
I think the only reason the administrator postponed the game was financial,you couldn't afford to stage 2 games at home in 4 days.Using the kids excuse is just a smokescreen.

Filo

• VSC Member
« Reply #107 on September 28, 2019, 08:00:37 pm by Filo »
OneandOnly

I know he was given permission to sign two players the morning of the Wycombe game (week one).
I also know that the administrators refused to sign any other players during the admin (if the club didnt get sold, the administrators themselves would be responsible for the contracts, as they were not an existing commited expense on the day the club entered administration - See Hobbs, Jack).
I also know that players will not sign a short term contract before the end of the window (and why would they?).

So, whilst I understand your point on that, as always its not quite so simple.I wish it had of been.

And once again, despite getting shedloads of abuse, my club was in the wrong. There Ive said it. Again.

The only thing we really disagree with is the awarding the points to yourselves. That would be wrong.

So, say if any other clubs refused to sign players because the owners were seen to be liable for the contracts, should they then act in the same manner as your club?

Also on the same argument will the administrators be liable for the no doubt hefty fine your club will recieve from actions taking place on the adminstrators watch?

You are trying to justify the unjustifyable
, your club refused to play a game, therefore by default it was forfieted (failing to fulfill a fixture), in my opinion you should be docked a further 12 points this season, start next season with a points deduction, recieve a substantial fine, pay all costs incurred by our club and it’s fans, and 3 points be awarded to us, failure to comply should result in expulsion from the EFL!

Bristol Red Rover

• Forum Member
« Reply #108 on September 28, 2019, 08:13:38 pm by Bristol Red Rover »

I appreciate you taking the time to come on here, despite the disagreements.

So that's clear then, the admins took the decision not to sign players. That was the  reason for not turning up for the game with us. That leaves no doubt that a choice was made, one that must have only one outcome ie the match awarded to the opposition. If not, then what is to stop any club from pulling a stunt in the future when they have injuries etc and are simply trying to save the odd few quid - because that's all this was, a cost saving exercise.

Many players would be happy to sign for a League club whatever the transfer window, if they were paid enough, and in this example, up till the Jan transfer window. In fact many players would be happy to sign for one game or two whoch wouldn't effect their sale. That may result in shite players, but so be it, it's a chouce that was made not to do this.

This isn't about Brentford it's about us and the exact circumstances that seem clear as day. The admins who were in effect your owners made a financial choice that in any league would result in the 3 points being given to the opposition. It's a forfeited game. There is nothing in this that can be considered a postponement. The lie the club has manipulatively used as an excuse re player welfare should render it for even further punishment.
« Last Edit: September 28, 2019, 08:15:58 pm by Bristol Red Rover »

RedJ

• Forum Member
« Reply #109 on September 28, 2019, 08:57:04 pm by RedJ »
Can someone just f**king ban that sad sack Kitson, defending the indefensible.

DonnyBazR0ver

• VSC Member
« Reply #110 on September 28, 2019, 09:08:29 pm by DonnyBazR0ver »

I appreciate you taking the time to come on here, despite the disagreements.

So that's clear then, the admins took the decision not to sign players. That was the  reason for not turning up for the game with us. That leaves no doubt that a choice was made, one that must have only one outcome ie the match awarded to the opposition. If not, then what is to stop any club from pulling a stunt in the future when they have injuries etc and are simply trying to save the odd few quid - because that's all this was, a cost saving exercise.

Many players would be happy to sign for a League club whatever the transfer window, if they were paid enough, and in this example, up till the Jan transfer window. In fact many players would be happy to sign for one game or two whoch wouldn't effect their sale. That may result in shite players, but so be it, it's a chouce that was made not to do this.

This isn't about Brentford it's about us and the exact circumstances that seem clear as day. The admins who were in effect your owners made a financial choice that in any league would result in the 3 points being given to the opposition. It's a forfeited game. There is nothing in this that can be considered a postponement. The lie the club has manipulatively used as an excuse re player welfare should render it for even further punishment.

BRR, just for accuracy, Phil Parkinson said it was he who took the decision not to sign players on short term contracts after the EFL said he could. He gave the reason as not being fair to those players as registering them may jeopardise their ability to play for anyone else.

Bristol Red Rover

• Forum Member
« Reply #111 on September 28, 2019, 09:33:34 pm by Bristol Red Rover »
BRR, just for accuracy, Phil Parkinson said it was he who took the decision not to sign players on short term contracts after the EFL said he could. He gave the reason as not being fair to those players as registering them may jeopardise their ability to play for anyone else.
Thanks for clarifying.

IDM

• VSC Member
« Reply #112 on September 28, 2019, 09:35:01 pm by IDM »
OneandOnly

Why the game didn’t happen isn’t the issue, it’s how Bolton handled it that is the concern..

Your club forfeit a fixture therefore the opponents get a win by default.  There is no argument against that..

Why does it matter about the other 21 clubs.?? They weren’t wronged were they, so why the f**k should they benefit relative to Bolton if you get a points deduction.?

Again - a forfeit game should mean a default win to the opposition..

the vicar

• Forum Member
« Reply #113 on September 28, 2019, 09:46:31 pm by the vicar »

2 differences.

Tell you what.

it is better to be treated like Brentford than be treated like shit as Bolton treated us

Dagenham Rover

• VSC Member
« Reply #114 on September 28, 2019, 10:14:06 pm by Dagenham Rover »

2 differences.

Errm you didn't and just announced it on social media without asking the EFL or Donny    purely financial by the administrators you couldn't afford to host two games in a week

andysly

• VSC Member
« Reply #115 on September 28, 2019, 11:16:18 pm by andysly »
I don’t grasp how the award of a 3-0 win to Rovers is advantageous to us, everybody else was dicking Bolton 5-0 before declaring.

PDX_Rover

• VSC Member
« Reply #116 on September 29, 2019, 04:16:44 am by PDX_Rover »

I want the three points and an arbitrary score in our favour. We would have thrashed your under 12's.

Tarkovsky_Mikluzhkin

• Forum Member
« Reply #117 on September 29, 2019, 08:24:09 am by Tarkovsky_Mikluzhkin »

We want to be treated the same as every other EFL club. You might think there should be a different rule for the likes of Doncaster & Bury but there shouldn't be.

The idea you'll get to play us again, get an insignificant points deduction and a couple of grand fine is a bit naive.
The EFL might not give us the points but you'll certainly get more than a little slap on the wrists after dicking them about so brazenly.

BillyStubbsTears

• VSC Member
« Reply #118 on September 29, 2019, 10:50:41 am by BillyStubbsTears »

We had a clear and obvious disadvantage because of YOUR club's unprofessionalism.

The fixture list dictated that we should have played you when, through YOUR club's shambolic management over years, you were playing at sub-National League level quality.

That's nothing to do with Doncaster Rovers. It's how things panned out. It is nothing to do with anyone else but the EFL fixture computer and your club.

YOUR CLUB chose, arbitrarily and unilaterally, not to fulfill that fixture.

You are now saying that we should have to play it at a time suitable to your club, when you have significantly strengthened your playing squad.

And you think that is fair treatment of Doncaster Rovers?

If my club had done what yours did mate, I'd have a bit of humility and keep my gob shut. It's really nothing whatsoever to do with Bolton Wanderers now. Bolton abdicated any right to have a say in this when they decided to opt out of playing a match without having the professional decency to inform their opponents.

And do NOT use the "it wasn't BWFC, it was the Administrator" excuse. The Administrator WAS BWFC, because your previous management couldn't run the club.
« Last Edit: September 29, 2019, 10:55:13 am by BillyStubbsTears »

MachoMadness

• Forum Member
« Reply #119 on September 29, 2019, 11:10:13 am by MachoMadness »
Further to BST's point, it's highly likely that the rearranged game will be played at a time that disadvantages us. More than likely it'll be played in midweek when no other clubs will be playing, at a time when injuries and suspensions are building up. Why the hell should we be at a disadvantage solely because of the illegal actions of another club? The game has been and gone already. Bolton lost by forfeit. Simple as that.

TinyPortal © 2005-2012