Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?
May 29, 2024, 12:17:47 pm

Login with username, password and session length

Links

FSA logo

Author Topic: Yorkshire for Europe  (Read 2205 times)

foxbat

• VSC Member
Yorkshire for Europe
« on October 09, 2019, 08:44:11 pm by foxbat »
I have , until today, avoided putting any petitions on the Forum , but things are getting critical now.

S & W Yorkshire for Europe  🇪🇺  @SWYforEurope

We don't promote many petitions nowadays as they're too easily ignored, but this one's different. MPs needs to know we support them in revoking article 50 if we face no extension & no-deal.

Sign, share.

https://petition.parliament.uk/petitions/275680

(want to hide these ads? Join the VSC today!)

scawsby steve

• Forum Member
Re: Yorkshire for Europe
« Reply #1 on October 09, 2019, 09:09:11 pm by scawsby steve »
I have , until today, avoided putting any petitions on the Forum , but things are getting critical now.

We don't promote many petitions nowadays as they're too easily ignored, but this one's different. MPs needs to know we support them in revoking article 50 if we face no extension & no-deal.

Sign, share.

You don't need a petition Foxbat, there's a GE coming up soon. Then you'll get your chance, same as everyone else.

roversontheup

• VSC Member
« Reply #2 on October 09, 2019, 09:15:05 pm by roversontheup »
Much rather we vote on Europe and GE separately!

Donnywolf

• VSC Member
« Reply #3 on October 09, 2019, 09:33:33 pm by Donnywolf »
Done ! Hope it gets to 18 million lol

DonnyOsmond

• Forum Member
« Reply #4 on October 09, 2019, 09:40:36 pm by DonnyOsmond »

Sign, share.

You don't need a petition Foxbat, there's a GE coming up soon. Then you'll get your chance, same as everyone else.

But people will vote based on one thing. It's ridiculous.

foxbat

• VSC Member
« Reply #5 on October 09, 2019, 10:48:14 pm by foxbat »
we need dePfeffel Spaffwaffle to beg for an extension before an election. Then win it , bury Brexit for good  and start to rebuild this country .

Donnywolf

• VSC Member
« Reply #6 on October 10, 2019, 09:44:51 am by Donnywolf »

Sign, share.

But people will vote based on one thing. It's ridiculous.

Even worse - people tend to now vote almost as if electing a President instead of a Party

Johnson will still have more followers than Corbyn and with the things he has done he should not

I also take your point - that a GE should nt just become a Second (third) Referendum - and just for good measure (repeat alert) it should not be staged under our archaic and massively flawed First past the Post system

Unfortunately (probably) all of the above will happen

Donnywolf

• VSC Member
« Reply #7 on October 10, 2019, 09:46:42 am by Donnywolf »
we need dePfeffel Spaffwaffle to beg for an extension before an election. Then win it , bury Brexit for good  and start to rebuild this country .

By that I assume when you say "Then win it" - you dont mean Johnson & the Conservatives - as surely they would not bury B****t

Padge_DRFC

• Forum Member
« Reply #8 on October 10, 2019, 01:02:28 pm by Padge_DRFC »
Reckon more of Yorkshire voted leave didn't they?

bobjimwilly

• VSC Member
« Reply #9 on October 10, 2019, 02:44:30 pm by bobjimwilly »
a vote on Brexit (peoples vote) and a general election have to be separate things. The Brexit issue shouldn't even be a consideration when voting for a political party, as we already know people don't stick to party lines on the issue of brexit.

IDM

• VSC Member
« Reply #10 on October 10, 2019, 02:59:23 pm by IDM »
Although the Lib Dem’s have said they would stand on a revoke article 50 ticket, in the GE..

As much as I would welcome that personally, I think that will also be their undoing - it’s the other extreme to no deal, and probably just as unpopular..

scawsby steve

• Forum Member
« Reply #11 on October 10, 2019, 04:35:06 pm by scawsby steve »

If you think this country can be rebuilt and re-united by burying Brexit you are deluded.

IDM

• VSC Member
« Reply #12 on October 10, 2019, 04:53:54 pm by IDM »

If you think this country can be rebuilt and re-united by burying Brexit you are deluded.

Same argument if you think no deal Brexit is acceptable..

The best solution is to fix a deal. If that can’t be done then go back to the public with alternatives..

Sprotyrover

• Forum Member
« Reply #13 on October 10, 2019, 04:56:30 pm by Sprotyrover »
Can we've have a petition to leave or is this a forum for Non leavers only.better still admin kindly delete the Op

SydneyRover

• VSC Member
« Reply #14 on October 10, 2019, 05:00:20 pm by SydneyRover »
signed, thanks foxbat

SydneyRover

• VSC Member
« Reply #15 on October 10, 2019, 05:01:55 pm by SydneyRover »
Can we've have a petition to leave or is this a forum for Non leavers only.better still admin kindly delete the Op

Cameron gave you a whole vote and what did you do with it over the last three years?

scawsby steve

• Forum Member
« Reply #16 on October 10, 2019, 06:14:22 pm by scawsby steve »

Cameron gave you a whole vote and what did you do with it over the last three years?

What on Earth are you talking about?

drfcsteve

• Forum Member
« Reply #17 on October 10, 2019, 06:44:07 pm by drfcsteve »
I think he's saying that those that support leave have had 3 years to come up with a credible plan and have failed spectacularly.

Not Now Kato

• VSC Member
« Reply #18 on October 10, 2019, 07:02:31 pm by Not Now Kato »

If you think this country can be rebuilt and re-united by delivering Brexit, you too are deluded.

SydneyRover

• VSC Member
« Reply #19 on October 10, 2019, 08:52:49 pm by SydneyRover »

So what's your answer to this absolute f#cking nightmare delivered by the tories Steve? they've been in gov't for 10 years and the country is split down the middle and jammed in reverse. All I hear you saying is that you don't trust any of them and yet it will be politicians that run the country no matter what you I or anyone else thinks so you may as well have politicians that at the very least have your interests front and centre. You keep telling anyone that will listen that we'll see who's right come the election and everyone will get their chance but what is it you want for you and your family, the country?

If the tories win the next election they will see it as as a mandate to carve Britain up, and why would they not? they are not that stupid that they don't know what a f#cking mess they are and what a f#cking mess the country is in and yet they keep getting voted back ............. and why? because for some unfathomable reason those that have everything and more to lose tick the wrong box.

scawsby steve

• Forum Member
« Reply #20 on October 10, 2019, 09:03:20 pm by scawsby steve »
I've said on here time and time again that there is no answer to any of this. The country's f*cked and will never recover, and the only person to blame is David Cameron.

I've been through all of this before with the Miners' strike, and the communities have never recovered from that either.

Enjoy the Rovers. It's all there is that's left.

keith79

• Forum Member
« Reply #21 on October 10, 2019, 09:41:32 pm by keith79 »
Leave with Johnson's deal or leave with no deal?

RedJ

• Forum Member
« Reply #22 on October 10, 2019, 10:11:56 pm by RedJ »

Johnson doesn't have a viable deal.

wilts rover

• Forum Member
« Reply #23 on October 10, 2019, 10:13:32 pm by wilts rover »

From the rumours coming out of that meeting today I think you will find Johnson's deal will look very much like May's deal come the morning...

and I said it before but and happy to say it again - there is no such thing as no deal. We either sort out:

- EU citizens rights in the UK & UK citizen's rights in the EU
- the bill for UK obligations taken as a member of the EU
- a solution to continued north-south trade across the Irish Border to meet the obligations of the Good Friday Agreement

before we leave the EU - or we sort them out afterwards whilst imposing export tariffs for UK business along with food, petrol & medicine shortages on the public during the process

TinyPortal © 2005-2012