Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?
June 12, 2024, 02:27:55 am

Login with username, password and session length

Links

FSA logo

Author Topic: Budget  (Read 1638 times)

Al4475

• VSC Member
Budget
« on October 22, 2019, 10:22:49 pm by Al4475 »
With the constant talk of playing budget (or lack thereof), ability to pay players (and agents) silly money (or lack thereof) and queries over marquis money/fa cup money whereabouts (or lack thereof) - a thought has just struck me - a very obvious thought in hindsight but one that has just struck me nonetheless:

I'm guessing that - despite whatever is missing/not being spent/never materialised (delete as appropriate) on players - our manager is probably one of the best paid in the division right at the top end of the manager budget - and rightly so - I am reckoning he's on a wage comparable to absolutely anyone else in the division.

Just a thought like!

Pay for the best manager and the players will come (eventually), results will generally be good, the football will be predominantly of great quality (relative to the division), players will be played to their strengths and in their best positions  and the talk of over spending/panic buying/ too many loans will be slightly negated no?

DRFC have possibly paid for the best manager in the division and tho the striker may still not be there - everything else is - so much for pay peanuts and get monkeys - I'm guessing we are paying top dollar for the top dollar manager in this league!

Well done the board for making it happen - everything else will follow I am sure!
« Last Edit: October 22, 2019, 10:26:24 pm by Al4475 »

(want to hide these ads? Join the VSC today!)

Jonathan

• Forum Member
Re: Budget
« Reply #1 on October 22, 2019, 10:27:56 pm by Jonathan »
We have undoubtedly got the best manager we could realistically hope to get. Credit to the owners for that, it’s proving to be well worthwhile. Still some work to do with contracts and building the squad.

since-1969

• VSC Member
« Reply #2 on October 22, 2019, 10:56:04 pm by since-1969 »
We can’t fault Darren Moore for choosing DRFC to set his stall out . I’m sure the board are beginning to see what a real manager is and why keeping him will be even  harder the more Rovers progress !

Arsenal Of The North

• Forum Member
« Reply #3 on October 23, 2019, 09:25:02 am by Arsenal Of The North »
Was listening to a debate about Man Utd the other day, saying when moyes arrived he removed all Man Utd’s back room staff and brought his own in, he lost all that continuity around the place and look where they are now!

When Ferguson left us the board made a point to keep the back room staff, we brought McCann in, again the same happened this closed season.

Credit to Darren Moore, but credit to the back room staff for keeping the place settled and allowing the team to keep that continuity which I believe is the main reason for us continuing the great work Ferguson started.

rover-n-out

• Forum Member
« Reply #4 on October 23, 2019, 11:41:47 am by rover-n-out »
Looking at the team objectively, in the games I have seen so far this season, it looks like DM is tying to instill Championship football into the brains and legs of this League One team. Just look at the pace he is bringing into the team, the awareness of players with each other, one touch passing, tight triangular movement, creating shed loads of chances. Yes, I'm sure there are plenty on here that realise we are not the finished article, but when I look back to the Bristol Rovers game last week, that's as good a performance I have seen from a relatively new Rovers team, in ages. I'm not ashamed to say it, but some of the football that day against the form team in the league brought a proud tear to my eye. Last night at Roots Hall just shows how much influence Darren's tactics are having. I'm convinced he is prepping this team for Championship football. Long may it continue.

Red wizard

• VSC Member
« Reply #5 on October 23, 2019, 11:52:38 am by Red wizard »
I having seen us this good since Sod was in charge. We are at the start of something special here. Just sit back and enjoy it folks.

SydneyRover

• VSC Member
« Reply #6 on October 23, 2019, 12:50:52 pm by SydneyRover »
We have undoubtedly got the best manager we could realistically hope to get. Credit to the owners for that, it’s proving to be well worthwhile. Still some work to do with contracts and building the squad.

I think it's unreal to have a manager of DM's standing and the club have exceeded all expectations for this position, long may he reign.

TinyPortal © 2005-2012