Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?
June 11, 2024, 02:13:12 am

Login with username, password and session length

Links

FSA logo

Author Topic: John on the move?  (Read 3592 times)

5 on Tour

• Forum Member
John on the move?
« on December 07, 2019, 11:59:41 am by 5 on Tour »
So apparently Boro, Palace and Leicester are all keen on Cameron with his contract being up they could make a move in January. Wolves can extend by 12 months but if not we could be losing him in January regardless of our wishes.

We should also be making a move for him IMO. We can pretty much guarantee him a start where as the others can’t or won’t be able to.

(want to hide these ads? Join the VSC today!)

glosterred

• VSC Member
Re: John on the move?
« Reply #1 on December 07, 2019, 12:51:08 pm by glosterred »
Can we pretty much guarantee him a start, I’d put Anderson and Wright a head of him to be honest. But if one of those club do come in for him in January then good luck to him

COYR

Campsall rover

• Forum Member
« Reply #2 on December 07, 2019, 12:54:45 pm by Campsall rover »
Can we pretty much guarantee him a start, I’d put Anderson and Wright a head of him to be honest. But if one of those club do come in for him in January then good luck to him

COYR
I think he is going to be a top player. When i say top i mean top. 
Can’t see us getting him. In fact not a prayer.

The Beast

• Forum Member
« Reply #3 on December 07, 2019, 05:59:45 pm by The Beast »
I’d put him before Wright, he’s out of our reach though to sign permanent.

drfchound

• Forum Member
« Reply #4 on December 07, 2019, 08:25:07 pm by drfchound »
Yep, agreed.
Big Tom paired with John has been our best CB pair this season.
I doubt that we could pay him what he can get from the clubs mentioned.

since-1969

• VSC Member
« Reply #5 on December 07, 2019, 11:51:24 pm by since-1969 »
Yes Cameron John is brilliant but we need Joe Wright playing along side Tom Anderson regular as they are both DRFC players and this is what we need . We have too many loans playing in the side and if we loose one or more of them then it’s back to square one . We still have a huge problem up front not having a proven striker on the books and I’d says  that this is far more important than if Cameron John leaves or stays.

Chris Black come back

• Forum Member
« Reply #6 on December 08, 2019, 12:49:26 am by Chris Black come back »
We have had Joe Wright for four years now and he has played 50+ games but has never managed to stay fit or consistently in form. Lot of folk idolise him but he just hasn’t shown commanding performances with any regularity. The lad needs to step up this season else he risks being forgotten about.

mrfrostsdad

• Forum Member
« Reply #7 on December 08, 2019, 08:59:21 am by mrfrostsdad »
Yes Cameron John is brilliant but we need Joe Wright playing along side Tom Anderson regular as they are both DRFC players and this is what we need . We have too many loans playing in the side and if we loose one or more of them then it’s back to square one . We still have a huge problem up front not having a proven striker on the books and I’d says  that this is far more important than if Cameron John leaves or stays.

Since1969
Spot on. If you look at the team, the spine is made up of loan players. Goalkeeper, centre half, central midfield and striker (when he's fit)
I'm all for us using the loan market, but what happens if we don't get promoted this season? We have no chance of signing on any of these players permanently in League one, so they go back to their parent clubs and the whole process starts again.
The problem is, without those loan players we're  not good enough. Take Kane and Wilks out of the side last season and we maybe wouldn't have got in the top 6. We didn't get promoted, they left. It's a vicious circle.
The answer is not easy though, to bring in players on permanent deals who may possibly get us up will cost more money in transfer fees and salaries than we're willing to spend. The only other way is to hopefully have a crop of our own youngsters who are good enough to develope, which probably means a couple of seasons of mediocrity at the wrong end of the league

Rovers91

• Forum Member
« Reply #8 on December 08, 2019, 09:14:39 am by Rovers91 »
Be a real shame because I would have him alongside Tom. Yes Joe Wright is our player but I wouldn't be confident of him not getting an injury. His performances since coming back in haven't been to the standard we would expect from him as well imo.

Colemans Left Hook

• Forum Member
« Reply #9 on December 08, 2019, 09:33:22 am by Colemans Left Hook »
I have just done a 30 seconds analysis of why John will never sign for Rovers

Mills from Man City cost £300,000 allegedly presumably at a similar age ..Mills had been injured previously.

If we assume transfer fees have increased on average by 10 times what they were then that's  £3 million

Sorry dream on

IDM

• VSC Member
« Reply #10 on December 08, 2019, 09:34:40 am by IDM »

Since1969
Spot on. If you look at the team, the spine is made up of loan players. Goalkeeper, centre half, central midfield and striker (when he's fit)
I'm all for us using the loan market, but what happens if we don't get promoted this season? We have no chance of signing on any of these players permanently in League one, so they go back to their parent clubs and the whole process starts again.
The problem is, without those loan players we're  not good enough. Take Kane and Wilks out of the side last season and we maybe wouldn't have got in the top 6. We didn't get promoted, they left. It's a vicious circle.
The answer is not easy though, to bring in players on permanent deals who may possibly get us up will cost more money in transfer fees and salaries than we're willing to spend. The only other way is to hopefully have a crop of our own youngsters who are good enough to develope, which probably means a couple of seasons of mediocrity at the wrong end of the league

Spine of the team.?  You would t count Anderson and Whiteman as two of our best and most influential players.?

Last time I looked they are contracted to us - spine of the team loanees.??

Come on, you’re better than that.

donny dave

• Forum Member
« Reply #11 on December 08, 2019, 02:31:05 pm by donny dave »
Could see him going to Leicester then loaning him back to us.

DMnumber4

• Forum Member
« Reply #12 on December 08, 2019, 08:25:50 pm by DMnumber4 »
Could see him going to Leicester then loaning him back to us.

If he's good enough for Leicester, why wouldn't Wolves want - or try - to keep him?

dknward2

• VSC Member
« Reply #13 on December 08, 2019, 10:40:34 pm by dknward2 »
He was asked about it after the game and said he had heard but wasn't interested in thinking about it and just concentrate on playing here also looking forward to seeing Ennis back who moore confirmed will be back on Monday

mrfrostsdad

• Forum Member
« Reply #14 on December 09, 2019, 06:53:48 am by mrfrostsdad »

Since1969

Spine of the team.?  You would t count Anderson and Whiteman as two of our best and most influential players.?

Last time I looked they are contracted to us - spine of the team loanees.??

Come on, you’re better than that.

Isn't the spine of the team the goalkeeper, centre half, central midfield and centre forward? Yes, Anderson and Whiteman are our players (and two of our better players) but if you take out the loanees we don't have a team

keith79

• Forum Member
« Reply #15 on December 09, 2019, 08:21:33 am by keith79 »
How highly do wolves rate this lad?

Donnywolf

• VSC Member
« Last Edit: December 09, 2019, 08:54:41 am by Donnywolf »

drfchound

• Forum Member
« Reply #17 on December 09, 2019, 05:32:27 pm by drfchound »
He was asked about it after the game and said he had heard but wasn't interested in thinking about it and just concentrate on playing here also looking forward to seeing Ennis back who moore confirmed will be back on Monday

To be fair dknward2, that is exactly the answer I would expect him to give.
He isn’t likely to say anything different.

dknward2

• VSC Member
« Reply #18 on December 09, 2019, 05:48:36 pm by dknward2 »
Totally agree hound don't forget that these premier league players get taught how to speak to the media as they have to do that many interviews.

Hope we can keep him and Ennis till the end of season.

TinyPortal © 2005-2012